The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoxide

Reaction score
hi bro & sis :(

how come after i dyed my hair, and when I wash hair the scalp touched water will feel very pain & spicy...

and i use my hand gentle touch the scalp also will pain :(

so isit the sclap skin broken or ??

Please help! Thanks :(

You dyed or bleached? U might have sensitive scalp like me. Try to avoid touching your scalp when dying. Your scalp might peel for the next few days but should be back to normal after that. I got that too when i double bleached my hair.

josephkjc

Reaction score
Yes Syoss's selling point is the strength that it gives. Use it with hair powder or saltwater spray prior to styling, you shouldnt have any problem. Most wax comes with slight shine, except for those types of dry wax. Clay on the other hand is matt. Thats one of the diff between wax and clay.

Also, try rubbing the sebastian craft clay onto your palms till it becomes slightly hot before applying. It will have better control for you. As a oneliner, no one's hair should be too difficult to style except for Afro though.

Is Syoss tu-re design controller HARD easy to wash off. I don't like to do more than 3 times of shampoo to wash off the clay/wax. Previously, I used sebastian clay before, really need a few washes to get it off.
Now using Osis+ Mess up matt gum and Reference of Sweden fiber, the latter is easier to wash off.

Last edited:

josephkjc

Reaction score
mousse is largely dependent on the brand
loreal: is more "stiff" (more hold)
redken[used in kobayashi]: is more natural (less holding strength)
when rubbing on your palms, loreal breaks down easier while redken give a creamy texture
prefer redken(higher price though)

salt spray just started using
initial impression: its somewhere in between the above 2? (which is a good thing)
felt natural(like redken) gives good hold, but hair also felt coarser/rougher(better texture)

volume wise its right about there for the 3

application
mousse: messier(its foamy afterall),
salt spray: I'm not really good with spray on product(angle & coverage), but that's just me(not really a con)
once I have them(mousse/spray) on, the rest is the same just ruffle my hair and blowdry

Thanks for the info. I just bought the loreal volumizing mousse, will give sea salt spray a try when I am done with the mousse.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For clay right, I think it will be better to just coat 1 layer on blown dry hair. Clay will thrive better in dry hair. And due it's strong, heavy and matt nature, too many layers will bring your hair after awhile. From what I know coming from Sebastian xtah clay days. A little goes a long way.

Unless you're using fiber cream or any other wax, you can layer the product

which one is better? Redken clay or Sebastian xtah clay. i have used both before and always undecided which to get when one used up finish

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which one is better? Redken clay or Sebastian xtah clay. i have used both before and always undecided which to get when one used up finish

Sebastian xtah clay no longer in production. They change the product to something call Sebastian craft clay. Almost similar but I feel xtah is better.

I never try Redken clay before. Only using their disheveled fiber cream now.

Depending on what hairstyle you are doing, I heard Redken maneuver clay is quite good. Can try that. And may be cheaper also. The Sebastian a bit ex. If you don't mind shipping, can get hanz De fuko sponge wax or quicksand. Which I am gonna try after I finish my Redken fiber cream

AhBui168

Master Member
Reaction score
You dyed or bleached? U might have sensitive scalp like me. Try to avoid touching your scalp when dying. Your scalp might peel for the next few days but should be back to normal after that. I got that too when i double bleached my hair.

I dye from natural black to brown :)

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sebastian xtah clay no longer in production. They change the product to something call Sebastian craft clay. Almost similar but I feel xtah is better.

I never try Redken clay before. Only using their disheveled fiber cream now.

Depending on what hairstyle you are doing, I heard Redken maneuver clay is quite good. Can try that. And may be cheaper also. The Sebastian a bit ex. If you don't mind shipping, can get hanz De fuko sponge wax or quicksand. Which I am gonna try after I finish my Redken fiber cream

everytime after a haircut, i can style my hair using redken or sebastian clay with no issues, but as my hair grows longer and thicker after 2 weeks or more, i have difficulty styling already.. sometimes feel very pek chek. and it will be expensive to always go for a hair trim every two weeks :eek:

how do u guys normally style as ur hair get longer and thicker before going for your next haircut which can be maybe 2 weeks or 3 weeks later?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everytime after a haircut, i can style my hair using redken or sebastian clay with no issues, but as my hair grows longer and thicker after 2 weeks or more, i have difficulty styling already.. sometimes feel very pek chek. and it will be expensive to always go for a hair trim every two weeks :eek:

how do u guys normally style as ur hair get longer and thicker before going for your next haircut which can be maybe 2 weeks or 3 weeks later?

I cut my hair every 4 weeks. Did you cut your hair short or long? What kind of hair style you currently have? maybe hair spray is all you need to keep the style?

I usually style my hair as accordingly to my length. When I go for a haircut, I usually cut my sides short and keep my top long and textured. Currently going for side comb for work and quiff for going out.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cut my hair every 4 weeks. Did you cut your hair short or long? What kind of hair style you currently have? maybe hair spray is all you need to keep the style?

I usually style my hair as accordingly to my length. When I go for a haircut, I usually cut my sides short and keep my top long and textured. Currently going for side comb for work and quiff for going out.

my hair grow long and thick fast.. sometimes 3 weeks later have to go for haircut liao if not it is impossible to style.. will fall flat :s22:

my hairstyle now is similar to this taken in March..

IqizujI.jpg

only that now my side is really short.. cut wrongly last mth so bo bian have to let it grow again.. haiz

now every morning style until sian, bad hair day almost every morning lol :s13:

im thinking of having a simple to maintain hairstyle, probably those middle-short ones, but scare cut liao regret again :s22:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my hair grow long and thick fast.. sometimes 3 weeks later have to go for haircut liao if not it is impossible to style.. will fall flat :s22:

my hairstyle now is similar to this taken in March..

IqizujI.jpg

only that now my side is really short.. cut wrongly last mth so bo bian have to let it grow again.. haiz

now every morning style until sian, bad hair day almost every morning lol :s13:

im thinking of having a simple to maintain hairstyle, probably those middle-short ones, but scare cut liao regret again :s22:
this kind quite easy. haha won't drop easily. i think you got to go easy on the amount of product used.
try sea salt spray, it's a new found love for me. haha.. you spray already, blow dry into shape. Just a thumbnail size of clay/wax, rub evenly into your hands and spread evenly into your hair and roots, after that just mold into the shape you want. can follow his style but just move your fringe towards the side you want.

Last edited:

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this kind quite easy. haha won't drop easily. i think you got to go easy on the amount of product used.
try sea salt spray, it's a new found love for me. haha.. you spray already, blow dry into shape. Just a thumbnail size of clay/wax, rub evenly into your hands and spread evenly into your hair and roots, after that just mold into the shape you want. can follow his style but just move your fringe towards the side you want.

where to get sea salt spray?? :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ahhh... ya quite heavy, like gel. lol. take some time to try. then in the end, the hair very stiff. i think for very wild standing hairstyle then can.. maybe i will look for other alternative that are lightweight after my osis+ finish. lol

You will definitely like Powerpoint Hair Spray, bro! HAHA

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mousse is largely dependent on the brand
loreal: is more "stiff" (more hold)
redken[used in kobayashi]: is more natural (less holding strength)
when rubbing on your palms, loreal breaks down easier while redken give a creamy texture
prefer redken(higher price though)

salt spray just started using
initial impression: its somewhere in between the above 2? (which is a good thing)
felt natural(like redken) gives good hold, but hair also felt coarser/rougher(better texture)

volume wise its right about there for the 3

application
mousse: messier(its foamy afterall),
salt spray: I'm not really good with spray on product(angle & coverage), but that's just me(not really a con)
once I have them(mousse/spray) on, the rest is the same just ruffle my hair and blowdry

Thanks for your detailed analysis and explanation! Basically, i find that there is no materaliation of benefits in using mousse over saltwater spray. I personally dislike mousse as its foamy and might get things messy, especially when you are not fully awake in the morning.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, guess I'll try looking for it. Yes, I've tried that method doesn't really work for me. It's easy to style but it's really tough to maintain it throughout the day. T_T but I appreciate the help though :) thanks!

I am sure it will help you. Pm-ed you about Syoss Tu-re too. :)

Another daring alternative for you is to perm your hair. I permed it once and trust me, you will have no problem having your hair to stand till the next day.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A simple review on the OS fashion sea salt spray which i got it ytd from the pretty jerk by leejhong.
I used it on towel dried hair and blow dry. Initial impression "wow!". I finally can have some volume in my hair. The spray dries fast enough and leaves a nice smell (not totally girl kind, doesn't make you feel like a girl). The hold is quite good, as you blow into shape, it stays and easily controllable and looking textured. Perfect for people looking to make a quiff which is quite popular nowadays. Think justin bieber and David beckham.

Also, I was given a tester eax from germany because he knows that I do comb back and side comb for work after I stated here in the thread. That's customer service right there!

It's call the silyorn Hair matter. So far I can't comment on the hold but it's pretty controllable. Gives a shine but not oily like. Perfect for slick formal hair style for work.

I think a alternative good pair to the sea salt spray would be the hanz de fuko scheme cream and sponge wax. Can try their new product quicksand if you want to go for a totally matt look.

So far I am very statisfied with the product from the pretty jerk and leejhong has been very helpful towards my queries. Keeps my order on track with SMS reminders. Keep up the good work leejhong, will definitely recommend to all my friends who are looking for such products.

This is a personal review from a statisfied customer and I am not affiliated in any way to theprettyjerk.
:)

This really came unexpected. Thanks for writing such positive review, bro. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Syoss tu-re design controller HARD easy to wash off. I don't like to do more than 3 times of shampoo to wash off the clay/wax. Previously, I used sebastian clay before, really need a few washes to get it off.
Now using Osis+ Mess up matt gum and Reference of Sweden fiber, the latter is easier to wash off.

Nope. One of Syoss's main selling points is its easiness in washing off. Most good brands of hair styling products are that its easy to wash it off. This step is very important but ironically, mostly overlooked by many. Having a good shampoo goes a long way but before that, its essential that your product is easy to wash it off too. Syoss is definitely capable of meeting this requirement. :)

If you were to ask me, use a deep cleansing shampoo (eg. Vantachi deep cleansing shampoo or other brands such as Redken) to wash off. Its stronger and more effective in ensuring total cleanliness for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.