Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorezz

Reaction score
Currently Daikin having promotion, you can check it out on their main site. I got my Daikin aircon fixed up by Cheng Coon Aircon works. In term of workmanship, I can say its pretty good & neat comparing to my previous Mitsubishi contractor.

I got it for quite ex comparing to other brand. But the deal is 3.7k (300 Grocery Voucher, which i will definitely be using).

System 3 Inverter Multi split (R-410A)
2x 9000 BTU
1x 12000 BTU
1x Compressor

Last edited:

MDs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i need some help..any good freelance aircon guy or company i can enage to to install 2 x single split air con my new flat.

how much is market rate? i hope to get a good deal on installation fee .

pls help

king82

Reaction score
i need some help..any good freelance aircon guy or company i can enage to to install 2 x single split air con my new flat.

how much is market rate? i hope to get a good deal on installation fee .

pls help

I did my aircon last august and compared around and got the cheapest so far. Maybe u would like to try. Ace Cool 92233665 Ronnie

MDs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did my aircon last august and compared around and got the cheapest so far. Maybe u would like to try. Ace Cool 92233665 Ronnie

thank you will give him a ring...

anymore help ? hope to get a few quote before i procceed to install

Kooosh

Reaction score
Currently Daikin having promotion, you can check it out on their main site. I got my Daikin aircon fixed up by Cheng Coon Aircon works. In term of workmanship, I can say its pretty good & neat comparing to my previous Mitsubishi contractor.

I got it for quite ex comparing to other brand. But the deal is 3.7k (300 Grocery Voucher, which i will definitely be using).

System 3 Inverter Multi split (R-410A)
2x 9000 BTU
1x 12000 BTU
1x Compressor

Hi I'm living in a 4R HDB and intending to get something similar.

Sys3
Inverter
Multi-split

Need some advise what BTU I should be looking to get.

Can explain why specifically choose R-410A? Is the type of gas right?

Btw need recommendations for what brand to get!

From what I see, seems that mitsubishi electric and daikin quite hot?

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-decor-furnishings-188/daikin-system-3-ma56ev1-not-cold-enough-4188285.html#post75794340

Then I saw this thread. I want on liao can feel power cold air one haha..

Last edited:

joanlee

Reaction score
I decided to use natural cool to replace my mum's aircon and its a nightmare experience. Will update with details later.. still trying to rectify..

Want to ask, can trunking be redo with the fan coils in place??

leaving_footsteps

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my current system 3.

Unfortunately the pipes run behind wardrobes.

Can anyone recommend installers who can help?

Kooosh

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my current system 3.

Unfortunately the pipes run behind wardrobes.

Can anyone recommend installers who can help?

I have this problem too bro. My dad has this contractor who did my house when we first moved in many years ago to install the currently unserviceable aircon without destroying the in-built wardrobes. I have no idea how as I was still rather small in age.

Anyhows, decided its time to remove the in-built wardrobes.. better in the sense can re-order my room as and when. Less space to keep things, true. But also less clutter and "storage" (redundant storage) also.

Please please please do PM me if you manage to find one though, just keeping my options open as I have not call any contractor down to do my house yet..

johnny_who

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need advice on what brand, model that is suitable for my 4 room flat. Intend to install at living room and 3 bedrooms. I only turn on the air-con occasionally during gathering, during hot days. My parent house do not have air con so I am a noob,

Room size as follow:

1) 23 sqm
2) 11 sqm
3) 11 sqm
4) 13 sqm.

Thanks in advance.

What is the pricing like and please recommend which shop I can buy from

Spooni

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need advice on what brand, model that is suitable for my 4 room flat. Intend to install at living room and 3 bedrooms. I only turn on the air-con occasionally during gathering, during hot days. My parent house do not have air con so I am a noob,

Room size as follow:

1) 23 sqm
2) 11 sqm
3) 11 sqm
4) 13 sqm.

Thanks in advance.

What is the pricing like and please recommend which shop I can buy from

Hi John,

Have u bought ur aircon units ?

Base on ur room size u should get a 3*9k btu + 18k btu.
Pricing range will be from $3,500 - $4,000 depends on the brands ur looking for.
u can try Alphacool engineering.. saw their banner along kaki bukit road having some offers or sales.

user109s

Reaction score
Can explain why specifically choose R-410A? Is the type of gas right?

It's a refrigerant(which contains only fluorine) more environmental friendly and does not contribute to ozone depletion.. :)

I think Gaincity has displayed the Mitsubishi in their show rooms, tell sales guys to try them, if they hooked up.. :)

user109s

Reaction score
I stay in a 4rm and currently looking for a replacement of my old National sys 3. Looking for a sys4 a while and Mitsubishi and Panasonic are in minds. :)

I called Gaincity to do a site survey and the guy recommended Mitsubishi ovr Panasonic due to Mitsubishi has bigger BTU on outdoor unit(compressor) and more powerful fancoil. The only concern now is my house can handle max BTU or KW. Still waiting HDB to reply.

My idea choice is BTU 38(compressor) + fancoil 24 + 9 + 9 + 9 :D

johnny_who

Reaction score
Hi John,

Have u bought ur aircon units ?

Base on ur room size u should get a 3*9k btu + 18k btu.
Pricing range will be from $3,500 - $4,000 depends on the brands ur looking for.
u can try Alphacool engineering.. saw their banner along kaki bukit road having some offers or sales.

Thanks bro.

I am still deciding whether to get Panasonic or MHI. I am getting my house in few months time so now I am looking around for promotion and of course reliable and professional company to do installation too.

nobi_one

Reaction score
Piping leaks is forcing me to retire my 22yr old Sanyo non-inverter.

Will any bros recommend Fujitsu?

They appear to be the best in class for being the least energy consuming (I'm comparing to Panasonic/ Mitsu)
Looking at Sys3 Inverter (29,000 BTU)

Any comments /experiences with Fujitsu?

Thanks!

Last edited:

rchh454

Reaction score
It's a refrigerant(which contains only fluorine) more environmental friendly and does not contribute to ozone depletion.. :)

I think Gaincity has displayed the Mitsubishi in their show rooms, tell sales guys to try them, if they hooked up.. :)

R410a is a HFC refrigerant which do not cause ozone depletion.
It is use nowadays to replace the older HCFC R22 which contain chlorine and causing ozone depletion will be slowly phase out in about 7-8 years time. Using R410a with POE oil is moisture sensitive and those installing new units please see that your installer vacuum your new units before
releasing the refrigerant as an advise.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
I stay in a 4rm and currently looking for a replacement of my old National sys 3. Looking for a sys4 a while and Mitsubishi and Panasonic are in minds. :)

I called Gaincity to do a site survey and the guy recommended Mitsubishi ovr Panasonic due to Mitsubishi has bigger BTU on outdoor unit(compressor) and more powerful fancoil. The only concern now is my house can handle max BTU or KW. Still waiting HDB to reply.

My idea choice is BTU 38(compressor) + fancoil 24 + 9 + 9 + 9 :D

Please use HDB website to check your electrical loading.
https://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm

You just need to fill in Postal Code

Fit1515

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday at IMM Best Tech, one salesman Sunny quoted me $2950 for the Toshiba System 3 Inverter Model:
RAS - 3M20SACV, is the price reasonable?

My current Toshiba Inverter set been using for 10 years since 2003, it's time to change too.

Any good reviews about this IMM Best Tech outlet ?

Thank you all very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.