S'poreans Migrated to Canada LIP LAI

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually have Singaporean friends who are staying in Texas now. Sure, Toronto might only be 28hrs away (1 way) but its still far compared to Aus/NZ.

Aiyoh why u compare to OZ and NZ, at least compare with countries in the same continent.
Flight for sg to Toronto ~21hrs, to Texas Austin more like 29hrs. Still u find more Singaporean there than Toronto. Ppl in OZ fly back 2x a yr meh cause so near?

Far is the concept of Singaporean, although Auckland is a 12 hr flight nearer but no one is flying home like taking MRT. If u want to make it home distance is not a key deterrence factor, its all lame excuse.

Our ancestors move from china, Indian on boats also didn't complain far. Get out is already far not like bike or walk or simple MRT can reach in any time.

Neighbors better than distance relative when come to help. 12 vs 30 hrs makes little difference when help cannot come within the next hr. don't forget flights don't fly anytime u wanted to go.

My uncle is actually a FT in Alberta working for BP.

Last edited:

cosycatus

Reaction score
Aiyoh why u compare to OZ and NZ, at least compare with countries in the same continent.
Flight for sg to Toronto ~21hrs, to Texas Austin more like 29hrs. Still u find more Singaporean there than Toronto. Ppl in OZ fly back 2x a yr meh cause so near?

Far is the concept of Singaporean, although Auckland is a 12 hr flight nearer but no one is flying home like taking MRT. If u want to make it home distance is not a key deterrence factor, its all lame excuse.

huh? distance is a factor. How can u argue that it's not? if the flight is 4-5 hours, eg perth to singapore, pple find it ok to fly home every 1-2 mths. Even from syd, about 8 hours, if u take the overnight flight and sorta sleep it through, it's ok.

21 hour flights? come on man, it's not something u want to subject yourself to every 1-2 months..non withstanding that it is expensive as well. .

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont understand why distance is a factor if you want to emigrate. if you need to come back to sg every 1 or 2 months then whats the point of emigrating?

and there are people who say the same for overseas studies. really funny

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huh? distance is a factor. How can u argue that it's not? if the flight is 4-5 hours, eg perth to singapore, pple find it ok to fly home every 1-2 mths. Even from syd, about 8 hours, if u take the overnight flight and sorta sleep it through, it's ok.

21 hour flights? come on man, it's not something u want to subject yourself to every 1-2 months..non withstanding that it is expensive as well. .

Huh? Want to leave and still want to visit often then don't leave. Can't bear to go still dying to return? Jian man

Don't understand the arguement here. If so just migrate to Malaysia stay in JB best. Lol
Jian

For u either stay in sg or move to any where that is within 8hrs flight is best. Lol

Some how only Singaporean have such kind of thinking, not met hongkee or Taiwanese or even PRC or Indians that think this way.

Last edited:

Fennel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh what talk u? Chicken or egg come 1st?

I think he means you need to work in Canada under work permit for minimum 2 years before qualifying for PR.

U still need a job offer from a company based in Canada.

Or post graduate visa.

kaisin82

Reaction score
ya singapore giving out pr like toilet paper is true

apparently if u are from philippines or india, it takes way shorter time to apply and get pr

TsukasaX87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya singapore giving out pr like toilet paper is true

apparently if u are from philippines or india, it takes way shorter time to apply and get pr

I wonder why they give them shorter time, they think sinkies are worse!?

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been to Vancouver before

alaska :love:

OcmTs.jpg

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think he means you need to work in Canada under work permit for minimum 2 years before qualifying for PR.

U still need a job offer from a company based in Canada.

Or post graduate visa.

U think I though who confirm? Lol

kaisin82

Reaction score
singapore office is the Regional processing centre for malaysia/brunei/vietnam/thai/indonesia....so prob it has more applications to handle.....but 23 months is really way too long....it's the same timeframe as serving ns!

Fennel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I just say that Vancouver has the best, fattest sashimi I've ever tasted? When you're there, there will be a sushi bar on almost every street, but go check out Sushi Garden in Burnaby .. by far it's the most affordable for the quality you get.
33554_434280742330_739737_n.jpg

As you can see, the fat slices of sashimi is twice the length of the rice

Be sure to try Poutine, "international" dish of Canada... originated from Quebec. It's like fries with brown sauce and cheese curds.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/40899_433929492330_2730684_n.jpg

Some other nice pics that I can't resist sharing cuz Canada is seriously a beautiful country, sorry haha

67963_434286012330_1214208_n.jpg

75672_456941432330_4847875_n.jpg

250488_10150200568722331_5065913_n.jpg

Yaletown, where the rich yuppies stay

185767_10150095273647331_5871584_n.jpg

You wake up to this every day

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.