Galaxy S4 :4.9inch smartphone

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you try doing a full factory reset after the firmware update? Mine did improve after flashing the latest ME2 firmware from NEE even without a full reset.

Btw, whats the firmware the OTA update to?

PDA:ME2/Phone:ME2/CSC:MDM (XSP)

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm the only thing I can see from the update is the RAM, after the update, clearing RAM will now show 600+mb used, last time was 700+-800+

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmx, ME2 ... Looks good, already running on the latest firmware available... Updated urs already I believed? See any improvement?

updated.... but see not much improvement... i using Nova launcher and off all the animations.... not sure if that's the reason...

or should i do a factory restore?

jaykill_92

Reaction score
updated.... but see not much improvement... i using Nova launcher and off all the animations.... not sure if that's the reason...

or should i do a factory restore?

Using nova launcher too..can see big improvements when opening and closing apps such as Pulse, Facebook etc. Animations are much smoother no more stutters or lag haha:s12:

Bad: The Purple pixels still show up time to time when scrolling very fast, black pixels just not activating fast enough. Plus just lost root. Have no idea how the update got through in the first place but gonna head back home after work and try CF or Motochopper :s13:

vision3001

Reaction score
The 10th May S4 firmware update suppose to cover these items:
us-cellular-gs4-650x464.jpeg

source: Update for US Cellular’s Samsung Galaxy S4 on the Way as Build R970VXUAMDL – Droid Life

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score

or should i do a factory restore?:o

reverting to factory default now to test the ROM completely from scratch....

:o

Ehm bro... If u off the animation in developer option, then u will not see any improvement on the animation cause its already "off" =.="

Try reverting to stock launcher and use with at least 0.5 animation speed, then you will notice that the stuttering in the animation is less frequent.

Remember to reboot ur phone after u changed the animation speed, cause at times the changes wont take place unless u reboot...

Last edited:

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ehm bro... If u off the animation in developer option, then u will not see any improvement on the animation cause its already "off" =.="

Try reverting to stock launcher and use with at least 0.5 animation speed, then you will notice that the stuttering in the animation is less frequent.

Remember to reboot ur phone after u changed the animation speed, cause at times the changes wont take place unless u reboot...

its alright, i just finished restore my S4 to factory default.

more clean this way since i can compare between when i first bought the phone and now.

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
its alright, i just finished restore my S4 to factory default.

more clean this way since i can compare between when i first bought the phone and now.

Haha...okay...buden there will be still some slight delays if comparing to nova launcher + no animation...

zitseng

Reaction score
I think the new AME2 software makes all the animation/transition stuff smoother. Like how it ought to have been since the beginning. Except in Gallery it still seems to stutter a little for me.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha...okay...buden there will be still some slight delays if comparing to nova launcher + no animation...

Ok my findings are that the touch seems more responsive now but the crappy touch wiz still there. Will see the battery and heating issues with this rom, if it improve.

GreenHorn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For guys who root, Mobile odin pro can't work right? So have to do new firmware and reroot??

shadez9

Reaction score
darn.. tried updating.. this came up.. "The software update service is not available. Maximum number of roll-out updates has been exceeded....."

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.