Red Wing shoe Thread

mtakahata

Reaction score
No worries, welcome. Which insoles did you get?

Bought one pair of insole from watsons. My feet is broad so the uncle from the store told me to up by half size, which I did. So the width of my feet fits the boots nicely but I have about a thumb size of allowance in the front of my 875. Is the toe space for 875 more spacious? Because from some online reviews I read, that's supposed to be the case.

Haha I just don't want my boots to look too big on me when I wear them especially when I'm working.

barracudaboy

Reaction score
Bought one pair of insole from watsons. My feet is broad so the uncle from the store told me to up by half size, which I did. So the width of my feet fits the boots nicely but I have about a thumb size of allowance in the front of my 875. Is the toe space for 875 more spacious? Because from some online reviews I read, that's supposed to be the case.

Haha I just don't want my boots to look too big on me when I wear them especially when I'm working.

Yes that's correct. You don't want to suffer the pains of the boot being too tight, I bought my previous 3140 and couldn't break it in after a month, so I sold it and bought half a size up.

You are supposed to have leg (toe?) room for the boots anyway. The uncle at Suntec will advise you to get it fitted according to where the bone at the side of your foot is.

mtakahata

Reaction score
Yes that's correct. You don't want to suffer the pains of the boot being too tight, I bought my previous 3140 and couldn't break it in after a month, so I sold it and bought half a size up.

You are supposed to have leg (toe?) room for the boots anyway. The uncle at Suntec will advise you to get it fitted according to where the bone at the side of your foot is.

Ok thanks for explaining really appreciate it.
So the 875s has more toe room as compared to the others am I right? (The space in front of your toes). Mine is about a thumb size.

barracudaboy

Reaction score
Ok thanks for explaining really appreciate it.
So the 875s has more toe room as compared to the others am I right? (The space in front of your toes). Mine is about a thumb size.

Isn't it the norm to have a thumb space for all your shoes?

Haha it is, but I'm not too sure if red wing boots is supposed to fit perfectly onto your feet.

No problem. No, but why are you so concerned with the space in front? Mine is about a thumb size too, but my 3140's are slightly more than that. I'm sure the uncle at Suntec will tell you not to care about the looks and go for the fit.

What's important is that the bone at the side of the your feet are at the widest part of the boot. It doesn't matter if the front has more space. I'm sure he told you this, and "don't let your eyes decide for you". Stop letting the size of the boots determine what size you wear. I made that mistake.

mtakahata

Reaction score
No problem. No, but why are you so concerned with the space in front? Mine is about a thumb size too, but my 3140's are slightly more than that. I'm sure the uncle at Suntec will tell you not to care about the looks and go for the fit.

What's important is that the bone at the side of the your feet are at the widest part of the boot. It doesn't matter if the front has more space. I'm sure he told you this, and "don't let your eyes decide for you". Stop letting the size of the boots determine what size you wear. I made that mistake.

Ok thanks for the advise. Let me drop you a private message to explain further in detail about my concerns. Don't think it'd be a good idea to type a whole load of verbal diarrhea here. :D

sglias

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello ppl!

Just wanna ask if 2906 Lineman boots use Mink Oil good enough? and where to get those red wing brushes and other care products for them? Thank you in advance!

barracudaboy

Reaction score
Hello ppl!

Just wanna ask if 2906 Lineman boots use Mink Oil good enough? and where to get those red wing brushes and other care products for them? Thank you in advance!

I'm pretty sure most of us will recommend Obenauf LP instead, because mink oil tends to darken the leather. However, to each his own. The guys at RW Suntec will recommend mink oil. You can get all these products from the RW shop at Suntec.

xod

Reaction score
is this the obenaufs lp mentioned here?
suitable to apply on a 9111 or 1907?
thks.

product_layout_HeavyDutyLP-500x500.jpg

CallmeZen

Reaction score
great! looks like ho soon lee is the local dealer for the obenaufs

yeah, but not the only place that sells it i guess. tuckshop sells them as well i think. grabbed from ho soon lee since it like 1 street down my house.

xod

Reaction score
Sharing thou most of you would have know abt it.

Thank you for your support for Red Wing shoes.
Firstly, Red Wing shoes branding using embossed logo on leather upper does not apply to all Heritage boots models. There are many reasons for this such as nature of leather, eg Roughout (suede) leather boots are unable to have embossed logo on it ; control over production batches etc. *Starting from last December, Red Wing Shoe Company had announced the decision to remove embossed logo on all their Heritage product assortment. This is to make their product as “heritage” as possible, retaining the originality of our history in shoemaking. This is a running change of which production already started since last December. As such, our retail and retailer stores will have mixed stocks with and without logo, depending on the rate they deplete the older stocks with logos.

HeyApple

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can sell my redwing? Trying to sell my oxford hoping to get a pair of iron ranger

mtakahata

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanna ask. Any one here who is wearing an 875 or equivalent. Are your boots completely waterproof, or do water seep into your insole when you step into a puddle.

gavinang83

Reaction score
ok, let the pics do the talking..these boots were bought from queensway 2 weeks ago. Initially the gap was smaller. I read somewhere is this thread that it is ok. But today i realised the gap had opened so much wider.

this is so disappointing..paying so much for this quality. To add on, this is not the only gap on this shoe. It can be found on both shoes, all sides of the soles.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.