The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw anyone who is interested in hanz de fuko quicksand or sponge wax can check out the greatgroomingfix website. They are selling at 30 sgd and Free mailing. If order more can get discount. Maybe can order together. But they don't have scheme cream though.

Ordering from silkhaar is slightly cheaper but there's a longer waiting time due to shipping from Denmark.

How much cheaper from silkhaar?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No definite answer or hairstyle on working adult. Depends what you are working as and what kind of office culture you are in.

You can have crew cut, top peak, side peak or hell even quiff to work. But the safe choice will be slick back or side comb. This is a timeless classic and will never go out of style,. Goes well with business suits or business casual.

Here's a gallery for you to check it out. Best to keep it short medium length for a neat clean look

Men's Short Hairstyles Gallery | Short Hairstyles For Men | FashionBeans

Nice link over there. Nice piece of advice. Thumbs up for you, bro. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a>

using osis dust it + any shine hold wax + spray to hold it

have yet to try the sea salt spray

Hope the seasalt spray will works well for you, bro! :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much cheaper from silkhaar?

I think $5 or less, I think ordering from the local site is more worth it. And discount is given when we purchase in larger quantities, it's stated in the local website.

But sad they only have sponge wax and quicksand but IMO these are great products. Quicksand is quite different from the usual wax/clay.

Anyone interested? Maybe consolidate orders. I quite interested in the sponge wax, matt and strong hold, should be good for matt quiff compared to my redken fiber cream.
going for such hairstyle. Lol
cccf9089ec722606a2826fcc1908355b_zps0877e3ab.jpg

650a3c5b81b7db7bf02f937aa76b71a1_zpsad9f4b80.jpg

tang63

Reaction score
No definite answer or hairstyle on working adult. Depends what you are working as and what kind of office culture you are in.

You can have crew cut, top peak, side peak or hell even quiff to work. But the safe choice will be slick back or side comb. This is a timeless classic and will never go out of style,. Goes well with business suits or business casual.

Here's a gallery for you to check it out. Best to keep it short medium length for a neat clean look

Men's Short Hairstyles Gallery | Short Hairstyles For Men | FashionBeans

Thanks for the link! I tried asking my hairstylist to cut one of the hairstyles there, but it turned out it didn't suit my face. Ppl said I look damn chi-na opiang. LOL. =:p

This is the hairstyle:
KATH-260x400.jpg

And I ended up looking like this, plus I wear black rectangular glasses. so u can imagine.
preen-260x400.jpg

Last edited:

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I tried asking my hairstylist to cut one of the hairstyles there, but it turned out it didn't suit my face. Ppl said I look damn chi-na opiang. LOL. =:p

This is the hairstyle:
KATH-260x400.jpg

And I ended up looking like this, plus I wear black rectangular glasses. so u can imagine.
preen-260x400.jpg

I think both hair shape looks similar just the styling method different???

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you should have asked your stylist if it suits you before cutting, they are usually the expert and know if it will suit you

and of course, ang mor yandao will always look good in anything. #hardtruths

tang63

Reaction score
you should have asked your stylist if it suits you before cutting, they are usually the expert and know if it will suit you

He actually said it will look fine and was quite satisfied with his masterpiece.

I wish i had hair like andrew garfield, messy but still look so good.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is the hairstyle:
http://static.fashionbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/KATH-260x400.jpg

[IMG]http://static.fashionbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/preen-260x400.jpg][/QUOTE]

for the first hairstyle, dry your hair entirely first, try to blow your front part of hair to the side you want it go. try to break up your hair texture.
Just using clay/wax that are matt. rub the product into your hands evenly then eventually mess it up into your hair evenly.
try using your fingers to style the "sway" part, twisting parts of hair instead of using the comb. it should stay, if it doesn't, maybe try using a hair spray to lock it into place.

the 2nd one would be different, need to use comb to achieve that define parting and neat look.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

haha not exactly la, i would say majority. haha. and those are hair models, of course cannot compare.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He actually said it will look fine and was quite satisfied with his masterpiece.

I wish i had hair like andrew garfield, messy but still look so good.

could be the stylist judgement is poor or inexperienced, or perhaps just not to your eyes liking. once I got a hair cut, looked ok when I was done, but after a while I did not like it and did not suit me, only for people to tell me it look at least decent. same goes when I dyed my hair brown, I kept thinking I look like a gangster :s13:

I can say that climate and water plays a part in your hair and hair texture.

haha not exactly la, i would say majority. haha. and those are hair models, of course cannot compare.

basically, don't put your expectations too high, as though you will become Timberlake or Andy Lau after you have visited to the salon. even David Gan cannot make you look like that

tang63

Reaction score
for the first hairstyle, dry your hair entirely first, try to blow your front part of hair to the side you want it go. try to break up your hair texture.
Just using clay/wax that are matt. rub the product into your hands evenly then eventually mess it up into your hair evenly.
try using your fingers to style the "sway" part, twisting parts of hair instead of using the comb. it should stay, if it doesn't, maybe try using a hair spray to lock it into place.

the 2nd one would be different, need to use comb to achieve that define parting and neat look.

Despite watching uncountless styling vids, I haven't gotten round to using a hair dryer. lazy me :p I am however, using the pink moving rubber, spikey edge is it? lol.

Thanks for the advice :) this weekend when free I shall go play with hairdryer. saying that immediately brought up images of playing with barbie's hair. :s13:

could be the stylist judgement is poor or inexperienced, or perhaps just not to your eyes liking. once I got a hair cut, looked ok when I was done, but after a while I did not like it and did not suit me, only for people to tell me it look at least decent. same goes when I dyed my hair brown, I kept thinking I look like a gangster :s13:

I can say that climate and water plays a part in your hair and hair texture.

basically, don't put your expectations too high, as though you will become Timberlake or Andy Lau after you have visited to the salon. even David Gan cannot make you look like that

The hairstylist talk so much chinese and sounded from china. :X shall not go there again. it was a one off thing where i decided to try a diff place.

HAHAHA. Your last sentence made my day. You sir, deserve a like.

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw anyone who is interested in hanz de fuko quicksand or sponge wax can check out the greatgroomingfix website. They are selling at 30 sgd and Free mailing. If order more can get discount. Maybe can order together. But they don't have scheme cream though.

Ordering from silkhaar is slightly cheaper but there's a longer waiting time due to shipping from Denmark.

I wanna get the quicksand. How do I place order from silkhaar?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Despite watching uncountless styling vids, I haven't gotten round to using a hair dryer. lazy me :p I am however, using the pink moving rubber, spikey edge is it? lol.

Thanks for the advice :) this weekend when free I shall go play with hairdryer. saying that immediately brought up images of playing with barbie's hair. :s13:

maybe change your hair product and learn how to use a hair dryer. alot of great tips online, can just google.
use hot and cold air together to make your hair style and create volume.

I wanna get the quicksand.
How do I place order from silkhaar?

if wanna get quicksand, must as well get from greatgroomingfix.com (local site, free shipping and $30SGD)

can order together and get discount together.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The first thing that you should do is to discard your moving rubber if you can afford to. Its application is hard and its even harder to wash it off. You won't want to accumulate even more serious problems for yourself in the future, trust me. U can consider changing to other better wax. Things will definitely improve for you. :)

To create the hairstyles attached below, you definitely need a hairdryer to blow the fringe up. But not to forget, asian hair texture is straight. Or perhaps for some people, its very straight. Hence, it will be very hard to achieve that hairstyle even with hair dryer as it might just collapse within hours or minutes. So you need to figure out what kind of styling products do you need (ie. saltwater spray or strong-hold hair spray etc). And you mentioned you have slightly curly hair? Slightly curly hair is a given gift to you from God so please make full use of it. With slightly curly hair, you can have an easier time to style and definitely not in the league of AT (cheena).

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanna get the quicksand. How do I place order from silkhaar?

maybe change your hair product and learn how to use a hair dryer. alot of great tips online, can just google.
use hot and cold air together to make your hair style and create volume.

if wanna get quicksand, must as well get from greatgroomingfix.com (local site, free shipping and $30SGD)

can order together and get discount together.

I think $5 or less, I think ordering from the local site is more worth it. And discount is given when we purchase in larger quantities, it's stated in the local website.

But sad they only have sponge wax and quicksand but IMO these are great products. Quicksand is quite different from the usual wax/clay.

Anyone interested? Maybe consolidate orders. I quite interested in the sponge wax, matt and strong hold, should be good for matt quiff compared to my redken fiber cream.
going for such hairstyle. Lol
cccf9089ec722606a2826fcc1908355b_zps0877e3ab.jpg

650a3c5b81b7db7bf02f937aa76b71a1_zpsad9f4b80.jpg

I am quite interested in the Spongewax.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am quite interested in the Spongewax.

Ok can, why not I do the ordering. Can consolidate orders. Ordering from greatgroomingfix.com. Got sponge wax and quicksand. $30 for 1 tub.
There will be discount for more than 2 purchased. Aiming for 5 tubs so that we can get $3 off each tub. But meeting up to collect will be based on my convenience. Either Tanjong pagar during lunch time on weekdays or town during weekends. Or can collect at tampines or my house area.

1)gaoxing84 (sponge wax)
2)xrenol (sponge wax) if you want bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.