Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
299 for 7 days unlimited data plus 100 bahts worth of call time (local/oversea)

Happy tourist SIM card at airport.
I use it for my iPhone 4, mainly for Google map, whatsapp & google search.
Very economical compared to Singtel $15/day unlimited overseas data roaming

Is this by DTAC?
Available for iPhone 5?

busterkid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a SIM card that's less than 7 days? not going for so long so don't need that much

Moonlight

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i didn't read this thread fully... just the first and last page and i just go...
in the end i just hoot the dtac happy 299 for 1 week internet and 100min talk time...
regrented....
they are operation 2G at 1800mhz and 3G at 850mhz... my Padfone only have 900 and 2100 in 3G
317739i.jpg

dtac say they are upgrading to 2100mhz but so far no 3g for me at all...
AIS clam that have some area of bangkok have 2100 already...
so i am 2.75G all the way for this trip with dtac...

Yes, it is just a self pwn on not reading detail enough...

if you use S3 or S4 or HTC One or Iphone 4 & 5 should not be a problem... just better check what your phone can do if you are using a not so common phone... :s22:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ok i didn't read this thread fully... just the first and last page and i just go...
in the end i just hoot the dtac happy 299 for 1 week internet and 100min talk time...
regrented....
they are operation 2G at 1800mhz and 3G at 850mhz... my Padfone only have 900 and 2100 in 3G
http://i41.tinypic.com/317739i.jpg[IMG]

dtac say they are upgrading to 2100mhz but so far no 3g for me at all...
AIS clam that have some area of bangkok have 2100 already...
so i am 2.75G all the way for this trip with dtac...

Yes, it is just a self pwn on not reading detail enough...

if you use S3 or S4 or HTC One or Iphone 4 & 5 should not be a problem... just better check what your phone can do if you are using a not so common phone... :s22:[/QUOTE]

Unlucky man. I think almost 100% of everybody won't think of that until they actually get it then realize doesn't works. But did you show them your phone or pass them cause that's what I did when they asked for my phone.

holidayforever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just came back from BKK for a 4D3N trip. I bought the 299Baht prepaid card which has 1-wk unlimited 3G access and 100Baht worth of phone calls. Just to check, when I received the SIM card, the counter staff just told me to replace the SIM card in my S3 on my own and refused to help me. I've been surfing the net and using Whatsapp, and my friends told me my Whatsapp doesn't reflect any Thai number but my own local number. Did I miss out on any crucial step of activating any code or such? Just concerned I've accidentally ended up using roaming instead all these while for my Internet usage *face palm*

as long as your Singapore sim card is not in the phone, i dun think u have to worry abt roaming...

Moonlight

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unlucky man. I think almost 100% of everybody won't think of that until they actually get it then realize doesn't works. But did you show them your phone or pass them cause that's what I did when they asked for my phone.

ha ha my phone is too rare liao:s13:
anyway just slow but can use...:D
go HK,MY all can 3G... my bad that did check and take it as working=:p

Moonlight

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just came back from BKK for a 4D3N trip. I bought the 299Baht prepaid card which has 1-wk unlimited 3G access and 100Baht worth of phone calls. Just to check, when I received the SIM card, the counter staff just told me to replace the SIM card in my S3 on my own and refused to help me. I've been surfing the net and using Whatsapp, and my friends told me my Whatsapp doesn't reflect any Thai number but my own local number. Did I miss out on any crucial step of activating any code or such? Just concerned I've accidentally ended up using roaming instead all these while for my Internet usage *face palm*

that is the way it should work...
once active on your phone, account saved... so ppl still contact you with your singapore number account...
if sign up another whatapps account with the thai number... you have to inform all your friend again...

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
and my friends told me my Whatsapp doesn't reflect any Thai number but my own local number.

of cos it won't show ur thai number. firstly, u didn't reinstall whatsapp n register it wif ur thai number. n then whatsapp application follows/sticks 2 d fone u registered.

even back in sg, u can use ur gf or parent sim card n insert it in 2 ur current fone. ur whatsapp will still work like normal. n ur fren wont b able 2 tell dat u r using another sim card 2 whatsapp.

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the 100 baht of phone calls, enough to call back sg?

also how to dial out? just dial +65xxxxxxxx?

Moonlight

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the 100 baht of phone calls, enough to call back sg?

also how to dial out? just dial +65xxxxxxxx?

dial 004 65 XXXX XXXX

3baht per mins.... ~ SGD0.127 per mins.... cheaper than you are in SG making local to local call!:s13:

burntwaffles

Reaction score
Bro, when you need it? I am going on Tuesday but back only on 4th June.

Hi Beno777,

Was unable to reply you via PM cos your inbox is full!
But I'll be heading up to Chiang Rai and stuck in transit, thus unable to head out to the arrivals to grab the card.

Would like to get the DTAC Happy Tourist Sim :)

Beno777

Reaction score
Hi Beno777,

Was unable to reply you via PM cos your inbox is full!
But I'll be heading up to Chiang Rai and stuck in transit, thus unable to head out to the arrivals to grab the card.

Would like to get the DTAC Happy Tourist Sim :)

Inbox cleared and replied :)

charel_ong

Reaction score
Im going bkk this tuesday and i have an urgent qn to ask. If i buy the happy tourist sim card for unlimited internet, is there any way ppl in singapore can contact me? Is using viber ok? Because im currently looking for jobs, am afraid they might call me when im out of singapore.

Thanks.

bluebluesky16

Reaction score
Im going bkk this tuesday and i have an urgent qn to ask. If i buy the happy tourist sim card for unlimited internet, is there any way ppl in singapore can contact me? Is using viber ok? Because im currently looking for jobs, am afraid they might call me when im out of singapore.

Thanks.

i know when prompt to change number in watsapp juz select "no" den can continue to chat on watsapp using ur sg number.. not sure abt viber. But... u think ur potential employer will be okay to contact u on watsapp/ viber..??
divert ur calls to ur v close fren/ family who know ur schedule and ask them to help u fix interview appt instead bah :)

BeeGees

Reaction score
299 for 7 days unlimited data plus 100 bahts worth of call time (local/oversea)

My fren just bought for me. On the cover, it says free first day unlimited internet. Is this correct? Also us it activated on day if purchase or when I start to use it? Thanks

Beno777

Reaction score
My fren just bought for me. On the cover, it says free first day unlimited internet. Is this correct? Also us it activated on day if purchase or when I start to use it? Thanks

I think ur fren had bought for u the 49 bahts per day unlimited data and not the 299 bahts for 7days unlimited. How much did he pay for it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.