The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

machioman

Reaction score
In my opinion, you should start from something decent enough since you were using gatsby previously. Jumping straight to good and expensive brands isn't impossible, but it might serves more sense if you start from some products which are decent for its cost (eg. 90 degrees wax).

Also, it might not be that wise to use clay too as the application might be relatively harder as compared to using wax. Typical wax does not usually comes with high shine; usually accompanied with slight shine which serves well for you. Like what gaoxing84 mentioned, using gel isnt a good idea too. Hence, i would say consider wax brands which are decent enough to serve as your first stepping stone. Hope it helps. :)

No offence to anyone's opinion but I would say clay is not hard to apply at all. Yes clay is of a thicker texture than most wax but all you need to do is rub some between ur palms and apply. Nothing rocket science about that lol

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No offence to anyone's opinion but I would say clay is not hard to apply at all. Yes clay is of a thicker texture than most wax but all you need to do is rub some between ur palms and apply. Nothing rocket science about that lol

clay is kinda hard to wash off. haha but you want matt and high hold, clay is the way to go. haha. need to warm it up by rubbing the product in your palms.
been using Sebastian xtah clay since 2006. haha but that they discontinued that great product.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So to achieve a thick looking volume + high height, clay is better than wax?

I'm having a mullet hairstyle.

zish82

Reaction score
hi guys.. new here.. any recommendations for hair product which is easy to wash off? using Gatsby pink moving rubber but nowadays hardly use cause super hard to wash off the waxy feeling.. just normal hold and maybe matt / not so much shine effect will do..

or maybe i shld go back to gel type cux easy to work with.. thanks in advance :)

Hi Ronaldo

You can try the Syoss ture hard wax or Arimino Spice sister freeze wax

Both have strong hold. The syoss has slightly more shine compared to the spice sister freeze wax.

Available at hairyportal.com

zish82

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Gonna head out to cut my hair and get new hair wax and spray.
Currently, I know that Swanston & Ocean sells Osis spray, so I'll pop by those 2 shops later on.

May I know where in Singapore sells Fudge Matte Hed? I'm only free today... Can someone pretty please help. Searched in the forum but no avail. TIA!

It is available at hairyportal.com. Only $19.50

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So to achieve a thick looking volume + high height, clay is better than wax?

I'm having a mullet hairstyle.

To achieve hair volume, wax/clay is often not the best solution to attain this. Consider saltwater spray or hair powder to create volume. Clay is dry and gives a matte effect and typically, its strength control is better than wax. But like what i mentioned before, method of application for clay and wax differs. It MIGHT be relatively harder to apply or use clay for some people. Afterall, it roots down to finding the right product for yourself. :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To achieve hair volume, wax/clay is often not the best solution to attain this. Consider saltwater spray or hair powder to create volume. Clay is dry and gives a matte effect and typically, its strength control is better than wax. But like what i mentioned before, method of application for clay and wax differs. It MIGHT be relatively harder to apply or use clay for some people. Afterall, it roots down to finding the right product for yourself. :)

Actually I still don't understand.

I'm on mullet hairstyle but wanna make it look thick. I see some people's hairstyle on the streets quite thick looking. I approached and ask them, they tell me they just use wax + abit of hairspray that's all. Is it because my hair naturally not as thick as them or I'm doing something wrong?

I'm using Uevo wax and Osis+.

machioman

Reaction score

I'm on mullet hairstyle but wanna make it look thick. I see some people's hairstyle on the streets quite thick looking. I approached and ask them, they tell me they just use wax + abit of hairspray that's all. Is it because my hair naturally not as thick as them or I'm doing something wrong?

Ya, that could definitely be the case. My hair is really fine too so it's hard to create volume even with hair sprays. If you really want volume, then you got to use ALOT of the product on your head, which some people find it a hassle or too much to bear.

Or maybe you can consider changing hairstyles that better suit your hair texture.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, that could definitely be the case. My hair is really fine too so it's hard to create volume even with hair sprays. If you really want volume, then you got to use ALOT of the product on your head, which some people find it a hassle or too much to bear.

Or maybe you can consider changing hairstyles that better suit your hair texture.

My hair forever standing kind and I checked with a lot of hairstylist before. All say the same thing. Either mullet or botak hairstyle. :sad:

josephkjc

Reaction score
I have really fine hair. Was using Lorel volume mousse an it helps to create volume. Just gotten sea salt spray and it works better, easier to blow dry as well. After that I style with wax and finish with hairspray.
My hair can stay up and not fall flat for more than 12hrs

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Some have thick hair and some don't. Some have straight hair and some don't. It all depends on one so cant really replicate what others are doing onto oneself as it really depends on one. This applies to hair products as well. Some might find this good but some don't.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osis+ vs sea salt spray, which one is better? What's the main difference? :s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.