[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quekky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which hdd?

mine no ac, red 40, seagate 42, green 37
maybe coz the 3 reds are side by side and the seagate and green are further away from anything

halfangmo

Reaction score
4 greens on RAID 5 with indexing @ 41 w/ ac.

Would removing indexing help and what's the lost?

Montoya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 greens on RAID 5 with indexing @ 41 w/ ac.

Would removing indexing help and what's the lost?

You can turn off indexing if you don't really use the built in File Station.

In my case I'm only indexing a couple of folders for DLNA streaming.

silencer13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got a Synology 1513+ for my small office, and I have got to say, I'm very impressed with how fast and also how easy it is to setup the NAS. Got everything running perfectly in less than an hour.

Kudos also to Memory World who helped me install all the HDDs and configure them to RAID 6. Saved me a huge hassle.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
I just got a Synology 1513+ for my small office, and I have got to say, I'm very impressed with how fast and also how easy it is to setup the NAS. Got everything running perfectly in less than an hour.

Kudos also to Memory World who helped me install all the HDDs and configure them to RAID 6. Saved me a huge hassle.

I gotta say, you pay premium for such services :)

arsene

Reaction score
I have both the Synology 413J and 1512+. The HDD in 413J runs at around 42 degrees while those in 1512+ runs at 36 to 37 degrees, both environment without aircon.

Maybe 1512+ fan is more effective??

Vulpix

Reaction score
I have both the Synology 413J and 1512+. The HDD in 413J runs at around 42 degrees while those in 1512+ runs at 36 to 37 degrees, both environment without aircon.

Maybe 1512+ fan is more effective??

413J ventilation not as good as the 1512.

Pepsi330ml

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to use DSM to do a disc check on the hdd ah?
just run the SMART Test?

yukita

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all who have a DS413J,

Currently running mine and the hdd is at 45C w/o air-con and 42 w/ air-con. What's your hdd's temp?
j series fan quite weak. temp will high.
try to tweak the fan to cool, if not enough have to edit the fan setting thru the telnet thingy.... this will void warranty according to somewhere i read. but if you update firmware, it will reset back to default, of course you can change back also.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Synology nas this noon. So loving it. How i wish i never bought the Dlink DNS-320 in the first place and just head straight to a Synology nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.