Xperia SP

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
where u stay?

bishan J8 singtel shop loh, the sony xperia service centre just beside at corner. It include retail sell sony phone with many display sets to let u play with it.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to activate 4g

Is it wifi or the data transfer icon from the shortcut?

I enabled both, go to chrome and still say I not connected.

Also there is a layer of plastic / glass pasted over my screen. Is that the screen or is it screen protector.

I was not the one who collected the phone so i'm not sure.

Last edited:

Jimmy38

Reaction score
Xperia SP in matte screen protector. Have arrived. Look like more and more user like the look and usage of the Xperia SP
PhotoGrid_1369711783844_zps308b7c3e.jpg

Jimmy38

Reaction score
How to activate 4g

Also there is a layer of plastic / glass pasted over my screen. Is that the screen or is it screen protector.

You can try go setting / Xperia / Internet Setting everything will be automatic set for you. :)

The plastic sheet that pasted over is not screen protector. It's mean it brand new a default protection sheet that put on to tell you it just freshly out from oven haha

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to activate 4g

go to settings --> under wireless & networks select More...--> Mobile networks --> Access point names. At this stage, not sure if you see anything reflected in there?

If not, click the three little vertical button on the bottom right of the screen and select New APN. Depending on your service provider, enter the required data from this link dpending on your telco: SingTel, Starhub, M1 APN Settings « Blog | lesterchan.net

Then press the three little vertical button again and select Save.

Otherwise call your telco and they can advise you accordingly. You should see the LTE word beside the 4 signal strength bar if it works properly. You might need to restart the phone to activate it.

That sheet of plastic is the usual one you see when its bnib with the various functions logo etc. You need to get a separate screen protector. I got a matte version for $8 at chong pang market. $7 for clear version...supposedly made in Korea.

hth.

Last edited:

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help :)

Actually the so call screen protector now don't have any logo or what...just a click sheet of plastic over it...looks like a protector to me...but just to be safe I will get another 1 .

It works now.

Last edited:

roytanlk

Reaction score
When I got my xperia SP, first thing I did was to perform a software upgrade (as some bros in this forum advised) which takes about half an hour. Been using the phone for a few days now. So far no problems.

Thanks to those bros for the advice. =)

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was not the one who collected the phone but when I got home and want to update from the update center, it was already up to date.

So far so good...no touch screen problem, no screen crack.

SaLaZaR

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the whole smartphone thing and got hold of a Xperia SP yesterday. How's the battery usage for you guys, and how long can your phones typically last? assuming whatsapp is on and no other apps are running.

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the whole smartphone thing and got hold of a Xperia SP yesterday. How's the battery usage for you guys, and how long can your phones typically last? assuming whatsapp is on and no other apps are running.

With stamina mode on, running on wifi for about 6hrs + in the office and playing music continuously at low volume, it consumes roughly about 25% of the juice within that time frame.

PS: there will be some apps running in the background. Download advance task killer from the playstore to 'kill' some of the apps. Not sure if it really works though but it does free up some RAM numerically. :s13:

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me minimal usage....sunday till now still got about 65% battery

I only use it to look at time , seldom makes call/sms and didn't surf web / play games.

I don't really cancel the process like facebook, watsapp so i just leave it there but I off my lte, wifi.

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me minimal usage....sunday till now still got about 65% battery

I only use it to look at time , seldom makes call/sms and didn't surf web / play games.

I don't really cancel the process like facebook, watsapp so i just leave it there but I off my lte, wifi.

the stamina mode is surprisingly quite strong. Had it fully charged before going to bed. Next morning about 9hrs later (LTE off), was left with 98%.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup i also on stamiina mode, very good but once all the surfing and gaming starts :D

However I seldom play games on phone..not that into it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.