[Guide]How to RMA your Intel Processor

raidorz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Experts/Brothers,

I have to bare own courier expenses to send faulty unit to Intel Penang.
Please advice if It is ok to use registered mail speed post or must I use DHL, Fedex or UPS?

Why do bear the costs?

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do bear the costs?

Contacted Intel on 8 April on my faulty xeon unit(online unit). After about 1 email exchange a day from Intel Customer Service (seems like they only reply to one email a day to each customer). They did help to find out that mine was a boxed set processor but when i purchased it, it came with just bare chip. After about 9 emails, today Intel just informed me that have to bare own courier expenses to send faulty unit to Intel Penang.

Why? Because the unit was found out that it was purchased outside of Asia Pacific Region after further validation, it can only be processed as SWR One-Way Freight order wherein I will be responsible for the inbound shipping of the defective product.

Already have Intel Penang's address. Currently waiting for Intel to proceed with the replacement process. Waiting for the return number that Intel will be providing me for reference before sending the defective part to their depot.

What I would like to know is, Please advice if It is ok to use registered mail speed post or must I use DHL, Fedex or UPS? and anyone have personal experience of bearing your own courier expenses for Intel, Sg to Penang and details.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Contacted Intel on 8 April on my faulty xeon unit(online unit). After about 1 email exchange a day from Intel Customer Service (seems like they only reply to one email a day to each customer). They did help to find out that mine was a boxed set processor but when i purchased it, it came with just bare chip. After about 9 emails, today Intel just informed me that have to bare own courier expenses to send faulty unit to Intel Penang.

Why? Because the unit was found out that it was purchased outside of Asia Pacific Region after further validation, it can only be processed as SWR One-Way Freight order wherein I will be responsible for the inbound shipping of the defective product.

Already have Intel Penang's address. Currently waiting for Intel to proceed with the replacement process. Waiting for the return number that Intel will be providing me for reference before sending the defective part to their depot.

What I would like to know is, Please advice if It is ok to use registered mail speed post or must I use DHL, Fedex or UPS? and anyone have personal experience of bearing your own courier expenses for Intel, Sg to Penang and details.
Make sure you have insurance, so if the item lost in transit, you can claim back the cost.

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
First time doing a RMA for INTEL CPU, in the AWB under "shipping infomation", what should I write on the total package and total weight as instructed on the documents?

Do I need to fill in the details of the commodity description?

In the RCI, where I am suppose to sign my signature in the form?

Thank you,
Calvin

merismus

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the info, i just RMA my I3 successfully and its very well informed!!!

blackwater112

Reaction score
RMA-ed my intel i3 recently as well and this guide is very useful! just an update that no longer need to send in the fan anymore. i just sent mine with just the bare processor wrapped in bubble wrap

FreerunFlash

Reaction score
Awesome guide!
RMA-ed my i7 CPU recently, only took 3-4 days for the entire process.
The RCI and other relevant docs were emailed to me, instructions in the email about RMA procedures were very clear.
Fan number and the stock fan wasn't needed though, just wrap the CPU properly and give it to the courier along with the documents emailed to you.
Intel Penang will acknowledge in email when they receive the CPU and when they ship you a new one they'll inform you through email again. You can track the shipping progress through the Fedex website afterwards.
Smooth process with friendly and helpful customer service personnel at Intel.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RMA experience from 2017 Q1

Shipment Document Update
1. Email printout (In return packaging)
2. Prepaid shipping label and Return Shipment Instruction (x1 courier)
Received via Email Attachment. No longer hand-delivered
3. Return Commercial Invoice (x2 courier, 1x personal copy)
Received via Email Attachment. No longer hand-delivered

Last edited:

jsfisher

Reaction score
hi anyone has updated experience on intel rma?
Just sent mine for RMA, process still more or less the same. But I did all through Intel support website.

For me they usually takes one day to process each of your reply. Here's my timeline as of now.
29/10: open support with intel
30/10: Reply with questions on date of purchase and troubleshoot steps done.
31/10: Confirmed that a replacement is needed and ask for my shipping address
01/11: Shipping instructions emailed in the morning(8+ am), RMA documents emailed in the afternoon(3+ pm). Call for FedEx pickup before 6pm.
02/11: Fedex tracking reached Intel Penang
03/11: Intel Penang confirmation email processor arrived warranty depot
07/11: Replacement processor delivered to me

Last edited:

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Just sent mine for RMA, process still more or less the same. But I did all through Intel support website.

For me they usually takes one day to process each of your reply. Here's my timeline as of now.
01/11: Shipping instructions emailed in the morning(8+ am), RMA documents emailed in the afternoon(3+ pm). Call for FedEx pickup before 6pm.

Thanks for your update. Just did a RMA in Jan 2020. Can confirm this is still the same. Smooth, fuss-free, convenient (courier comes to you for collection, replacement shipped to you). Feels like the correct way in 2020. Wish mobo (and other non-bulky RMA) could also be done like that.

Last edited:

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for your update. Just did a RMA in Jan 2020. Can confirm this is still the same. Smooth, fuss-free, convenient (courier comes to you for collection, replacement shipped to you). Feels like the correct way in 2020. Wish mobo (and other non-bulky RMA) could also be done like that.

ya lor. if all RMA just do like this better.

no need to waste time. take bus/mrt/train

Exaita

Reaction score
So I just sign on the POD Signature box and input the tracking number in the invoice nbr box?

juixee

Reaction score
Hi is the contact number still working? I tried calling but no one picks up and just get hanged up

mikafire

Reaction score

Confirm RMA process still the same. Smooth, fuss-free, convenient & free shipping (courier comes collection, replacement shipped to you). Intel is quick & responsive.

RMA Intel NUC box pc fr 0306~18 (12 days)

4urorax

Reaction score
Hi. Just wish to check if they will ask for receipt for warranty claim?

For people who lost or no more receipt how?

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.