[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC66U Dark Knight Rises

cyberet

Reaction score
AC1900 ~ 5GHz (1300Mbps 3 spatial streams) + 2.4GHz (600Mbps 3 spatial streams) so i was told ;)

ah... i was guessing
300mbps 2.4Ghz 40MHz 802.11n
300mbps 5Ghz 40MHz 802.11n
1300mbps 5GHz 80MHz 802.11ac

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
do those ac adaptor from asus suppport mac
?

I wanna get this asus rt-ac66 to use any major issue ?

b0ib0ii

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm now connected to 5ghz with 1 wall and 1 door blocked. For connecting to 5ghz i'm able to get good speed. But why is it weird that when connecting to 2.4ghz I can't achieve a better speed?

I thought 5ghz range is smaller than 2.4ghz?

cyberet

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm now connected to 5ghz with 1 wall and 1 door blocked. For connecting to 5ghz i'm able to get good speed. But why is it weird that when connecting to 2.4ghz I can't achieve a better speed?

because neighbouring 2.4GHz wifi signals are causing interference.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score

Read Here

To sum it all up

5GHz - poor coverage, faster speed
2.4GHz - better coverage, slower speed

go read it if you wish to know more like 2.4GHz spectrum and etc hence blah blah blah..

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Excellent Customer Support Service from Viewqwest

Usually i don't really post any ISP related customer support service regarding the Fiber ISPs but it is one of the rare moments and mind you this isn't one of the many occasions that i have feedback to ViewQwest about issues arising from my usage of my VQ Fiber Internet and things are resolved to my satisfaction.

Yes, i will recommend ViewQwest for those whom seek excellent speeds, excellent customer support service despite having to paying more, static IPv4/IPv6, no traffic shaping, proxy neither

PS ~> I'm have both SingTel and ViewQwest Fiber Internet

One of the case regarding slow uploads to photobucket.com

Hi ViewQwest

I'm experiencing very slow upload of images to my account @ photobucket.com and i use my photobucket frequently.

Can you guys take a look? despite have a shorter hop to 209.17.68.21 (12 hops) vs SingTel Fiber (19 hops) but the upload is terrible. 29k Bytes/sec VS 193k Bytes/sec. Same images are used for both connections.

For your reference

ViewQwest

SingTel

Thanks & regards

Anton said:
Hi, please retry and see if it's now faster.

Hi Anton,

The revised routes are better on uploads despite 3 more hops, it's bursting > 300k Bytes/sec at times and pretty constant @ 200+k Bytes and now it's better than SingTel Fiber :D

Appreciated the prompt action and reply

Thanks again

Maylyn

For your reference

Viewqwest ~> Photobucket.com

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there going to be a sale for this router :RT-AC66U on the pc show ?

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro... kindly add me to your list as well... :o

Also do you have a separate list for RP-N53?

I planning to hoot these two network gargets as soon as it arrive to our shores...

TIA

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro... kindly add me to your list as well... :o

Also do you have a separate list for RP-N53?

I planning to hoot these two network gargets as soon as it arrive to our shores...

TIA

No problem :D

I can add you to the ASUS RT-AC68U interest list, however i don't think there is sufficient people to start an interest list for the ASUS RP-N53. I will post any new updates when it's arriving onto our shores :D

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No problem :D

I can add you to the ASUS RT-AC68U interest list, however i don't think there is sufficient people to start an interest list for the ASUS RP-N53. I will post any new updates when it's arriving onto our shores :D

Thanks a lot bro... :o

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the ASUS logo have indirect LED light making it glow?

Ok, I just saw the Made in china word, keeping my piggybank - not buying.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.