RS232/Socket Programming

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ADAM-4501 is DOS based controller. You need to write software using Borland C and compile it in DOS mode to controller the RS232/485 etc that is on this device.

That's quite ancient, not that you can't do DOS nowadays, but after looking at the spec, seems pretty ancient. Even the recent RaspberryPI can do much better :)

@TS: What the compelling reason to stick with RS232 if all you want is to survey the voltage on a single input line of 12V ? Even the RaspberryPI can do that with all the bells and whistles of a complete Linux to do fanciful things after that.

abpsoln

Banned
Reaction score
Is there any got tutorials on microcontroller for beginners?

and any good software to extract the features of the microcontrollers?

it is for commericial usage already.

where can I buy this?

Last edited:

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can things like solid works and autocad draw electrical components

3D models ? Solid works definitely. Autocad definitely can but the learning curve is steeper, Autocad has various versions that gear towards different professionals.

My experience with Solidworks is it is largely a modelling and simulation system, it has very interesting modelling techniques where you can easily extrude, cut, loft and using various approach to put geometric shapes together. While it can do curve surfaces pretty well too, I personally think it excel in geometric shapes better.

abpsoln

Banned
Reaction score
3D models ? Solid works definitely. Autocad definitely can but the learning curve is steeper, Autocad has various versions that gear towards different professionals.

My experience with Solidworks is it is largely a modelling and simulation system, it has very interesting modelling techniques where you can easily extrude, cut, loft and using various approach to put geometric shapes together. While it can do curve surfaces pretty well too, I personally think it excel in geometric shapes better.

how about electrical circuitry and components?

can I use things like visio to do the jobs?

squeeish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this a company work, or your own hobby ? Forgive me for saying, surely for such information, you ought to do some research right ?

You look at this guy's post history then you will know whether or not to continue helping him. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.