May 2013 BTO

RedShoe

Reaction score
jus curious what it means sembawang 4 mr is overall 0.4 ratio and first timer is 0.1 ratio?

0.1 ratio means the number of 1st timer applicants is equal to 10% of number of units allocated for 1st timers.

0.4 ratio means total number of applicants (regardless of 1st or 2nd timer) equal to 40% of all available units.

Based on my understanding.
I may be wrong. :p

EmoFaith

Reaction score
thats why good luck to those applied for sembawang :s22:

somemore take up rate so low... even if they go ahead and build... with less then 50% occupancy rate... the government is not going to do anything to improve traffic condition there. :s13: rem buangkok mrt was closed for very long before it opened...

wah sian i feel regret apply semb

rackun

Reaction score
If HDB decide not to go ahead with the Sembawang BTO, will they refund the $10 application fee for those who applied?

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah sian i feel regret apply semb

did u went down physically to see the BTO site and the surrounding?

i did.. just pass by only though. one look... it doesn't interest me already haha...

why?

- i only see one empty big plot of land, beside it some factories.
- no mrt in sight
- me work in tiong bahru (next time i dunno... but i doubt i will find a job in the north...), my gf teaching in piano schs... but not in north

so i never even consider sembawang. :o

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If HDB decide not to go ahead with the Sembawang BTO, will they refund the $10 application fee for those who applied?

i doubt so...

anyway they may just go ahead and build... then those already applied maybe squeeze them into balloting for 1 block.

then sept BTO, maybe sembawang will appear again?

EmoFaith

Reaction score
did u went down physically to see the BTO site and the surrounding?

i did.. just pass by only though. one look... it doesn't interest me already haha...

why?

- i only see one empty big plot of land, beside it some factories.
- no mrt in sight
- me work in tiong bahru (next time i dunno... but i doubt i will find a job in the north...), my gf teaching in piano schs... but not in north

so i never even consider sembawang. :o

yup i went there physically.. i saw bus 169.. which i quite like.. cos my side i stay yishun.. his side is amk... so i thought since the bus can go yishun and amk... we thought it will be great..though it's kind of far from semb mrt.. we trying walk is about 15mins/20mins walk though..

hahaha

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup i went there physically.. i saw bus 169.. which i quite like.. cos my side i stay yishun.. his side is amk... so i thought since the bus can go yishun and amk... we thought it will be great..though it's kind of far from semb mrt.. we trying walk is about 15mins/20mins walk though..

hahaha

ohh... dun worry much, just a matter of time the whole area builds up. just like punggol, used to be a no man land.

RedShoe

Reaction score

Mr Khaw has indicated he will now proceed to build all BTOs regardless of how low is the application rate. So 99% the BTO will be built.

But whether they will improve the surroundings of the ulu area (adding more amenities, buses, etc) is a different matter already. That may depend on whether they want to build more BTOs there in near future.

I think only a new mrt station everyone is hoping for can save the area. :s13:

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mr Khaw has indicated he will now proceed to build all BTOs regardless of how low is the application rate. So 99% the BTO will be built.

But whether they will improve the surroundings of the ulu area (adding more amenities, buses, etc) is a different matter already. That may depend on whether they want to build more BTOs there in near future.

I think only a new mrt station everyone is hoping for can save the area. :s13:

Hi Bro, can share the source?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.