Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

illusioned

Reaction score
Just checking. If a package exceeds SGD300, how will the GST be calculated? 7% will be charged to CWG?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just checking. If a package exceeds SGD300, how will the GST be calculated? 7% will be charged to CWG?

it's not SGD300, it's SGD400. And that is the CIF value, i.e. Cost + Insurance + Freight value. Lastly, it's not CWG, it's CGW, and yes, CGW will automatically determine the GST amount, and bill you for it right up front when you pay for shipping.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Should BAN comgateway immediately.
I got 1 parcel at comgateway, repack not available. Actual weight is 0.5kg, volumetric weight is 1.75kg, chargeable weight is 2KG. I okay with 1.75kg and this is ridiculously charge 2KG

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
For comgateway declare value, i won bid at 0.99usd plus usa shipping cost 6.99usd so declare value is it 0.99usd?

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For comgateway declare value, i won bid at 0.99usd plus usa shipping cost 6.99usd so declare value is it 0.99usd?

I posted a page or 2 before ...,
u only need declare value of item
EXCLUDE the domestic shipping charges

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Not all items can ship to singapore. Amazon is bull****

i'm not complaining. i still have things to ship from amazon direct. so now the free shipping is great. those that i cant ship to then use forwarder

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello comgateway, please reply

I got 1 parcel at comgateway, repack not available. Actual weight is 0.5kg, volumetric weight is 1.75kg, chargeable weight is 2KG. I okay with 1.75kg and this is ridiculously charge 2KG

Why 2kg not 1.8kg?

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
Hello comgateway, please reply

Why 2kg not 1.8kg?

Given that you have shipped countless of packages, I still don't get why you are complaining about this.
Shipping are done in blocks of 0.5kg each so it will often be rounded up to the highest 0.5kg because it makes no sense to round down to 1.5kg if your package weighs 1.75kg. And this is on their website :
ssimg11.png

Even if you want to get a repack, a minimum is a 2kg difference between volumetric and actual weight to qualify. You can always ask them to transfer it into a box at an additional cost.

Its like you are buying something without even knowing what you are buying for. :s22:

AND I AM NOT THEIR EMPLOYEE. -- end rant

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given that you have shipped countless of packages, I still don't get why you are complaining about this.
Shipping are done in blocks of 0.5kg each so it will often be rounded up to the highest 0.5kg because it makes no sense to round down to 1.5kg if your package weighs 1.75kg. And this is on their website :
ssimg11.png

You should try shipping with Borderlinx instead.

If you shipped 6 boxes of 1.1kg to CGW, they'll charge you 9.0kg (1.5 * 6 = 9kg).
The same 6 boxes shipped to Borderlinx only comes to 5.5kg (1.1 * 6 = 6.6 ~ 7kg)

CGW rounds up the weight of *each package*; but BL only rounds up the final weight instead.

The only disadvantage of BL, is you need a Citibank CC.

feist_

Reaction score
this may be less related... but anyone know how i can import perfume from the US ?i don't mind waiting if it comes by sea freight.

sorry! couldnt find relevant + current thread on hwz

i want ferragamo's signorina but it is super ex in sg!

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any bros here have experience with wrong color items that were shipped? I ordered shoes from zappos.com via comgateway's buyforme service...its not comgateway's fault that the wrong color was shipped by zappos.com to my freight forwarding address.

what is the usual outcome of such a scenario?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.