Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvin_som

Reaction score
comparing sys 3 air con

been to besttech today and was recommended york and mitsu air con instead of panasonic.

and was quoted sys tem 3
york: 2499
mitsubishi heavy: 2799
panasonic: 2699

price inclusive of piping etc.

requirement for air con:
1. 3 x 9k btu aircon
2. operating a pet grooming salon thus would to an air con that can remove bad smell in the air and need to on the air con to remove the pet odor and smell in the shop

please recommend which brand and which model is more suitable for my usage?

terumo

Reaction score
To kelvin_som,

I think no aircon can remove the smell from the room. (IMO)
The smell will just be thrown around the room.
U can try to input a fresh air fan to input some fresh air from external sources and a small vent for air to escape.
This might help.

JoySakurai

Reaction score
Hello all,

My aircon has been dead over a decade, but finally decided to get a new system 3 inverter!

Problem is, I'm not sure which one to get, anyone has any good recommendation?

Plus the wiring in my house is really old, my HDB hasn't been renovated since we moved in 25years ago. The salesman at Gaincity was telling us if thats the case, MHI is definitely out because they require higher voltage or something.

What should I look out for when getting my inverter system 3? and price range any thing thing else that I have to add into the cost? I've been down to the showrooms, all the compressors look damn big! is there a size limit or something for HDB flats?

And usually how long does it take from purchasing the aircon to getting it installed? can they do it the same weekend?

Cheers!

JoySakurai

Reaction score
So I just saw terumo's airconguru blogspot. Thanks for taking time to explain to us all the information we need there! was really helpful.

I saw that you recommended Daikin, Mitsubishi and Panasonic inverters. Fortunately, or unfortunately, those are also the 3 I am looking at and can't decide between.

What should I consider between the 3 to make my final decision? [Actually leaning more towards Daikin and Panasonic]
Are there any restrictions as I mentioned I live in a 25yr old 5-rm HDB that has never been renovated nor rewired.

I saw a lot of people recommend getting from gain city as they do very good installation. PC show... no promo la hor! hahahaha ;P

xtream

Reaction score
Finally decide to go for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries system 3 !!

SCM60/ 3 x SRK25

Any Mitsubishi heavy industry user here? Mind to share how good is it?

Actually my wife and i decide to go GC for our aircon. But the salesperson at Best Tech really impress both my wife and i. I read some negative feedback about this company before but the salesperson, Ken really so helpful and knowledgeable in term of explaining the running of piping and run through the floor plan with us.

After a chit chat with him realize that he is not a indoor salesperson. He is a outdoor salesperson. He just happen to be drop by at IMM outlet on the day we purchased :) No wonder he is so familiar with the floor plan stuff and even pass us his mobile no to let us contact him when we need him to come down for some site view :)as we have a built in wardrobe in MBR which might block the way of the piping.

After compare few brand, realize that Mitsubishi Heavy Industry is the most power saving aircon in the market now. So we happily go for it.

But we have a headache now.. He offer us 2 type of insulation which is YAMATO and K-Flex class "0"... According to him, YAMATO is much more better as the insulation is largely use at JAPAN and big project such as landed and condo at singapore. I went back and check with one of my friend who run a construction company, he told me that he did saw some project is using this YAMATO piping. But not sure how good it is...

Anyone ever use this YAMATO insulation and any feedback on it?? I Need to decide which one to use before the installation date..

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
my family will be installing aircon for the first time in our lives.

We're looking to cool our 3 bedrooms. Ours is a 5room flat.
So we're probably looking at a 3system inverter.
Reading through the thread i guess i should go for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries? We dont want to exceed 3k. Fixed at 3K inclusive of misc fees like installation gst etc. Any recommendations?

Just a couple of questions. For a flat that has never had aircon before, will the installers drill the holes through the walls and install the piping for you or i must call my own contractor to drill the holes?

Will the installers charge me extra for all that drilling and also the mounting for that huge condenser thing that i see hanging outside peoples flats?

Ive seen some conflicting reviews especially on renotalk about Gaincity but it seems quite positive here on HWZ. Should i save myself the hassle of going to smaller installers and just purchase from gaincity?

Advice much appreciated. Thank you!

cal3135

Reaction score
been using Gaincity pass 3 air-con system, so far so good.
3rd air-con not cool after 1 years, within warranty, changed PCB board, no charges.
will chose installer 1st then brand to use.
2cents :)

terumo

Reaction score
To melankholy,
$3k can get you a Mit Electric or Daikin inverter sys 3 already.

terumo

Reaction score
To xtream,

They duh have Armaflex?
Mind sharing how much you paid for your MHI sys 3?

Last edited:

xtream

Reaction score
To xtream,

They duh have Armaflex?
Mind sharing how much you paid for your MHI sys 3?

They have armaflex. But the salesperson advise me to go for YAMATO.
He never really force me la... he say let me choose... If don't want Armaflex, i can also opt for the K-flex...

But the surface feel between the YAMATO with K-flex and Armaflex really difference.. That's why i headache now.. YAMATO doesn't feel like a foam... It really much more solid.. But not sure how durable it is as i nv heard or see anyone use it b4.

I pay $2799 for the MHI sys 3. And enjoy free upgrade to YAMATO if i want to because they are having a promotion. And he also told me if without promotion this YAMATO is selling about $200++ - $300++..

Terumo guru, mind to share if u ever heard about this YAMATO before?? And is this price reasonable? Not really go around and check after purchased since the salesperson is so friendly.

Last edited:

LesPaulSG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moved back here, and I have this faulty System 3, and would like to just fix 1 room.

So is a 9K BTU Single Unit (Inverter / Non-Inverter) sufficient for a normal HDB bedroom?

Also, to cut cost, I hope that the piping can be reused, is there a way to ascertain this before purchasing?

Lastly, is Gain City okay?

I thought of getting this - http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/P...PLIT-AIRCON-INSTALL-MOA09CQC2-MS9A09CRQC2-9A5. But I noticed it says this "TRANSPARENT WATER LEVEL INDICATOR: Allows quick check on the water level without removing the water tank". What is this?

Thank you ~ :s12: :s12:

Last edited:

felali

Reaction score
I bought MHI system 2 (SCM45 + 2x SRK25ZJ-S), one for my mom's room, the other for mine. Has been 1.5 years, and still works splendidly.

Really quiet, and cools well. As for energy consumption, hmmm maybe I should go ask my mom how the bills has been recently, since I've been turning them on almost every night this past few months.

The only irritating thing about Gain City's installers is that they never wrap the outdoor insulation with aluminum foil, and the insulation is now like peeling and deteriorating, due to exposure to the weather, I believe.

For my upcoming house, I used to want to get MHI from Best Tech, and yeah, Ken is pretty good on his service.

However, after talking to the manager at Creation last Saturday, I think I will buy from them, because:
1) Cheaper (around 3500 for Mitsubishi Electric Sys 4)
2) They wrap the insulation with aluminum
3) From year 2 onwards, you pay $252 annually for a Sys 4, for 3 visits, and this also covers all parts (including circuit board), labour, transport if anything breaks down

Not bad I feel, unless I'm missing something...

alvinalf

Reaction score
Fair quote ?

Hi all

need your help to see if the quote is alright and if i need to admend / add other things

Daikin inverter R410A : 3MKS71 + FTKS25 x 3
SWG 22
1/2" Armaflex class 1
16mm uPVC drain pipe with 1/4" insulation
local brand cable
$3.2k

thanks

daveaha

Reaction score
My aircon in my HDB also just broke down... I'm thinking to change it to Mitsubishi Electric Inverter...

Anyone has any idea on the best place to purchase it ? Gain City promo $Mitsubishi Electric Inverter MSY-GW10VA (indoor) MXY-3A28VA (outdoor) $3,149.00 $150.00 (bracket) $3,299.00

terumo

Reaction score
To daveha,
ME inv sys 3 for $3149? Is it including any extended warranty? This price seems a bit high for just basic installation.

terumo

Reaction score
to xstream,

Yamato should be brands that they directly import in.
Most aircon materials shop sells armaflex and thermaflex. These are the commonly used brands.
K-Flex etc are used by a selected few companies which i think they import directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.