Question about Malacca

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stayed at hatten hotel and highly do not recommend it.
Tour group hotel with tons of people.
breakfast buffet queue was 10 minutes long. Quantity and not quality of food.

construction outdoors and inside the hotel all day except at night.

service guy rang door bell 4 times at 11pm to give me a laundry bag and tried to get into the room when I didnt answer. Trying to steal stuff?

The location is in a generic mall area and not at the interesting jonker st.
nothing around except two malls.

Staff was nice but definitely do not r3commend the place.

Cloud_Evolution

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stayed at hatten hotel and highly do not recommend it.
Tour group hotel with tons of people.
breakfast buffet queue was 10 minutes long. Quantity and not quality of food.

construction outdoors and inside the hotel all day except at night.

service guy rang door bell 4 times at 11pm to give me a laundry bag and tried to get into the room when I didnt answer. Trying to steal stuff?

The location is in a generic mall area and not at the interesting jonker st.
nothing around except two malls.

Staff was nice but definitely do not r3commend the place.
first bad review i ever heard. probably the only worries is the service guy who trying to burge into the door when they thought no one is around.

did you feedback to the customer service officer? so did they really open the door to come in??

chompchomp

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone stayed at equator recently? Understand iin 2010 is 15rm from equator to malacca sentral.. now is 2013.. whats the pricing like now so wont tio chop thanks

smartboy4

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normally coach operator will only open their schedule one month in advance before departure.. expect super jam during holiday period,

Unless no choice, try to avoid long weekend.

Don't forget that it's public holiday in Singapore too ~

no choice, only PH get to take break :s13:
read that malacca mostly non muslim so i guess holiday experience there more or less unaffected. just want a short getaway.

so i wait another month and check the coach schedule again better? starmart have all other schedules for days after hari raya, and have the whole day timings available. cannot be so fierce my date fully booked already? :eek:

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Took starmart coach there and 707 back.
same coach but starmart buses are much newer.

Yes, the hatten hotel staff, a young malay guy tried to get in the door.
fortunately, I had locked it.
Booked the place because of the decwnt reviews here but the hotel is really not up to scratch.
No wireless in room and way too crowded.
Holidays, so plenty of screaming kids in the lobby too.

LesPaulSG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Booked the place because of the decwnt reviews here but the hotel is really not up to scratch.

Agree with the wireless but I heard that applies to certain floors only. The rest of the scenarios will happen anywhere so I think that is really fine ~

WadsUpDoc

Reaction score
What are the MUST GO attractions in Malacca? I'm intending to visit for 3d2n next week and would like to focus on several attractions. Thanks!

Reaction score
Took starmart coach there and 707 back.
same coach but starmart buses are much newer.

Yes, the hatten hotel staff, a young malay guy tried to get in the door.
fortunately, I had locked it.

most of the hotel there do not provide wireless connection in the room as well as the LAN cable connection.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
What are the MUST GO attractions in Malacca? I'm intending to visit for 3d2n next week and would like to focus on several attractions. Thanks!

The old town including Jonker Street, A' Famosa and St Paul's ruins.

tiowher

Reaction score
Got a few PMs on my reccommendations .. here's a bump for those wanting to check out some possible stays

hi guys,

im planning to go up to malacca in january
my 1st time there...

any recommendations for accomodation?planning to travel with grassland travel, i tink they have some sort of package those 2d1n type coach n accommodation.

wanna see if theres any decent accomodation for 1 night stay.

As usual, I will recommend the following (my strong preference as well as family and friends) Since you are not driving ..LOCATION is very important ..the following hotels allow you to immerse in Nyona food, Shopping, Local chinese food, Malay food, Portugese... all within easy reach..

Hotel Equatorial Melaka from S$99:):):)

Holiday Inn Melaka from S$96

Renaissance Melaka from S$117

Hatten Hotel Melaka from S$85

Casa del Rio Melaka from S$171

J3333

Reaction score
any sexpert knows about parking in malacca.

sat free parking or only after 9pm? i know there are parkingg coupon at 60 ringgit per hr. not sure which kind of lot need parking coupon

Cloud_Evolution

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the food there handled with proper hygiene?? my friend's child have diarrhea after first meal there at malacca on the first day. i may have a little paranoid but just need some review on it.

Reaction score
Holiday Inn still the best among all .

Got a few PMs on my reccommendations .. here's a bump for those wanting to check out some possible stays

As usual, I will recommend the following (my strong preference as well as family and friends) Since you are not driving ..LOCATION is very important ..the following hotels allow you to immerse in Nyona food, Shopping, Local chinese food, Malay food, Portugese... all within easy reach..

Hotel Equatorial Melaka from S$99:):):)

Holiday Inn Melaka from S$96

Renaissance Melaka from S$117

Hatten Hotel Melaka from S$85

Casa del Rio Melaka from S$171

Mermories

Reaction score
Just came back from Melaka, stayed at ramada plaza (previously renaissance hotel).

Room size is ok, abit tired looking and the rooms are quite old.

I have always been dying to stay at Casa del Rio, it is pretty pricey though :(

Had seafood at Portuguese Settlement, and later went shopping at Jonker Street <3

Found a place selling Nyonya kuihs and food (it is really a gem, the nyonya food are authentic and reasonable) - Baba Charlie. The place is abit secluded and there is only one way in one way out. Try googling it!

buswhiz

Reaction score
yup, baba charlie is famous for selling its nyonya food, sometime if you go in the morning, there will be tour buses parking outside.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.