Amazon now offers free international shipping to Singapore... (strictly no referral link)

m32t8103

Reaction score
How about MSI? International warranty mean i need to to send back to Taiwan for warranty? i wonder local distributor will accept the warranty though. :D what i afraid is the product spoiled or damaged (physically) during the shipment to SG.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can send the card back to amazon and they will ship a replacement. although its not 100% - im pretty sure they will waive your shipping fee from SG to USA if u politely ask...
their customer service is truly superb...never a disappointment.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about MSI? International warranty mean i need to to send back to Taiwan for warranty? i wonder local distributor will accept the warranty though. :D what i afraid is the product spoiled or damaged (physically) during the shipment to SG.

email the distro to ask lor

SSDLover

Banned
Reaction score
email the distro to ask lor

Local distro will never cover ur product warranty (if it's, also not for free; they will charge exorbitant handling fee) bought from oversea even if it's international warranty

A very good example, tablet like Google/Asus Nexus 7. On Asus official website, it clearly written it has international warranty, meaning you can RMA anywhere in the world as long as the country has service centre. But sadly, such thing will never happen in SG.:(

samtang

Reaction score
u can send the card back to amazon and they will ship a replacement. although its not 100% - im pretty sure they will waive your shipping fee from SG to USA if u politely ask...
their customer service is truly superb...never a disappointment.

Agreed.

I had a Kindle that went kaput after 6 mths. Chatted with their CSO. He authorised an immediate replacement. The replacement was sent out within 2 days. An order was created. I just need to access the order link, print out the free DHL return slip and sent my item to DHL locally. Better still, I only need to sent in my defective Kindle within 30 days after receiving my replacement. Amazon will email acknowledge receipt of return items. Superb service. Not sure if other rma is done this way.

F3Rm1nat0r

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, whenever big boys like Amazon show up. Ppl will cheer.

But in USA, some ppl get so addicted to Amazon they feel bad when their local stores start closing coz cannot compete. Maybe

one day...
our local stores start closing down will kock some sense into the REIT landlords, singapore rental is way too high

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am so tempted to make my purchase for direct free SG shipping. but locally it is singpost! I worry...

samtang

Reaction score
I am so tempted to make my purchase for direct free SG shipping. but locally it is singpost! I worry...

I think they are also using a cheaper international courier - Prestige Delivery. Tracking is sub-par compare to DHL or UPS.

Vulpix

Reaction score

For me, even got free shipping to SG, I rather pay to ComGateway to ship my items. :s13: I got zero faith left in Stinkpost.

SSDLover

Banned
Reaction score
our local stores start closing down will kock some sense into the REIT landlords, singapore rental is way too high

You can't simply just blame the rental for exorbitant pricing.
Last year when i went to RMA a power suppply at local distro at Ubi, i saw Porsche Boxster and expensive mercedes (forget what model, certainly not ordinary c or e class) parked there.

Probably retailers at sls dont earn much, but distro business/profit seems to be very lucrative judging from the expensive cars there.

SSDLover

Banned
Reaction score
For me, even got free shipping to SG, I rather pay to ComGateway to ship my items. :s13: I got zero faith left in Stinkpost.

If you never receive, just talk to amazon customer service thru the chat system. They will handle it professionally by either refund you or re-ship with the fastest way of shipping available.;)

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you never receive, just talk to amazon customer service thru the chat system. They will handle it professionally by either refund you or re-ship with the fastest way of shipping available.;)

Like this, they will soon cancel free shipping to SG I predict. Too many fail delivery encounters!

SSDLover

Banned
Reaction score
Like this, they will soon cancel free shipping to SG I predict. Too many fail delivery encounters!

You cannot simply bull**** la, you yourself, them and everyone can see thru the tracking la, as long as you have the tracking number.
What i meant is genuine case.
Anyway, i read from the news the delivery would be done by DHL, so i doubt this kind of mistake would likely happen.

Amazon customer service is good but not stupid :s13:

Personally i've ordered tons of stuff from amazon, all thru direct shipping from U.S. to SG
As long as it reaches SG, it will definitely reach you.
Only once i encountered parcel being sent to other country as final destination, and thereafter the item was lost. It was the mistake by the delivery company i think.

Last edited:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You cannot simply bull**** la, you yourself, them and everyone can see thru the tracking la, as long as you have the tracking number.
What i meant is genuine case.
Anyway, i read from the news the delivery would be done by DHL, so i doubt this kind of mistake would likely happen.

Amazon customer service is good but not stupid :s13:

Personally i've ordered tons of stuff from amazon, all thru direct shipping from U.S. to SG
As long as it reaches SG, it will definitely reach you.
Only once i encountered parcel being sent to other country as final destination, and thereafter the item was lost. It was the mistake by the delivery company i think.
I have no doubt on buyers integrity, but I have doubt on Singpost's and dedication, if singpost is being used on this case.

Vulpix

Reaction score

End up wait another week or two. No thanks. Pay com gateway once for a painless experience.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.