Can 2 keyboards be connected to a PC at the same time

artyboy

Reaction score
I have both a Razer Deathstalker and Blackwidow keyboard. Although I don't use them at the same time, I swop between the two. But rather than disconnect one when using the other, can both be permanently connected to the PC? Both uses Razer's Synapse 2.0 software and I can see both keyboard models indicated in Synapse's main menu. I can toggle between the 2 to change their settings, software-wise. But will this arrangement pose any problem or damage to the keyboards or the PC?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have both a Razer Deathstalker and Blackwidow keyboard. Although I don't use them at the same time, I swop between the two. But rather than disconnect one when using the other, can both be permanently connected to the PC? Both uses Razer's Synapse 2.0 software and I can see both keyboard models indicated in Synapse's main menu. I can toggle between the 2 to change their settings, software-wise. But will this arrangement pose any problem or damage to the keyboards or the PC?

no problem I use 2 keyboard and 3 mouses @ the same time

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to use 2 keyboards ?

In my case, I have 2 monitors side by side. I frequently move from the left screen to the right screen. With 2 keyboards, I use the left keyboard for the left screen and the right keyboard for the right screen. Oh.. I also have a left mouse and a right mouse.

artyboy

Reaction score
Thanks guys, nice to know that there are others using multiple input devices like me. The Deathstalker is my main general-purpose keyboard while the Blackwidow is my heavy typing keyboard. Always wanted to experience mechanical keyboards which everyone is raving about. The irony is that i actually type faster on the low profile non-mechanical keyboard..

taker42

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason why you don't want to use 1 kb and mouse control both monitors?

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Connected both a cheapo Logitech and CM Storm QFR with no problems :)

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason why you don't want to use 1 kb and mouse control both monitors?

My applications are running on the left screen and the right screen. If I put the keyboard in the middle, I will have to turn my neck left or right. This will cause a strain on my neck. If I put it on the left, then when I need to use the application on the right, I will have to move the keyboard to the right. This is too troublesome as I do this many times a day.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My applications are running on the left screen and the right screen. If I put the keyboard in the middle, I will have to turn my neck left or right. This will cause a strain on my neck. If I put it on the left, then when I need to use the application on the right, I will have to move the keyboard to the right. This is too troublesome as I do this many times a day.

trading system?

helloicanseeu

Reaction score
But will this arrangement pose any problem or damage to the keyboards or the PC?

what danger u thinking of :s13:?
they're just usb devices which just happen to be keyboards.
shouldnt have any problem.

2 mouses work fine too, 3 or more keyboards should work also...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.