View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #87
glabejut

Which LTE phone are you using bro? For now (at least), only Galaxy S4, HTC One and the upcoming LG Optimus G Pro offers all possible LTE bands in their phones, hence you can still roam in LTE while in Japan

For all other LTE phones, eg Galaxy S3, the phone will switch to regular 3G 850/1900 band.

Make sure you manually log onto Softbank while you're roaming in Japan. Singtel has some tieups with Softbank and you can enjoy slightly lower rates with Softbank

To SMS, just compose and send your SMS as per normal, no +65 prefix required. But that SMS will be charged as roaming SMS liao. So take note of that.

If you want to call SG line, use the IDD call back option from Singtel to enjoy slightly cheaper IDD calls. just enter *121*+65(your number)# and then enter SEND. THe call will end and your phone will ring in a few seconds. Just pick up normally.
thanks for ur reply! my phone supports the following bands:4G/LTE 1800, 4G/LTE 2600, 4G/LTE 800, GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, 3G 850, 3G 900, 3G 2100

so will it be able to support lte? not that it matters since i wont be using data there cause its too expensive.

i saw in the other thread that i can buy the bmobile sim to use data, but the thing is that i can only get it to deliver to my hotel over there. is there any data sim that i can buy here in singapore and bring it along instead?