Microsoft Surface

xbfloater

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone try to use a 3G mobile data dongle connected to the Surface Pro's USB port to access Internet? Thinking of using the free M1 mobile data plan in this way...

TIA.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone try to use a 3G mobile data dongle connected to the Surface Pro's USB port to access Internet? Thinking of using the free M1 mobile data plan in this way...

TIA.

Wont a MiFi device be better? Surface Pro will be connected via Wifi.
That will save one USB port for mouse/keyboard,etc and at the same time longer battery life.

For me, I usually have either my phone or iPad mini to share hotspot to RT/Pro.

xbfloater

Reaction score
Hi LastBattle,

Thanks a mil for the idea. Yeah, mifi device is the best way. But since I've a 3G dongle lying around n also may not be able to get that TPLink free MIFI router deal, so thinking of reusing old hardware... =)

Thanks again for the advice!

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone can advise where to get a matt screen protector for the surface pro?

thanks!
Just take the screen protector from challenger is for surface RT. The screen size is the same BUT the position of the camera and ambient sensor is diff on RT and PRO. By using the RT protector on PRO, your camera can see be seen perfectly but your ambient sensor will be covered. However, wouldn't be causing any problem anyway :)

billytannn

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone interested to trade the Type cover for a Touch cover+ top-up? Can't really get used to the touch keys. If anyone interested. Thanks!

gunners007

Reaction score
How is the pen? Is it as good as samsung s pen?

what are the software available for the pen like samsung s note or lecture note on android?

chinhau5

Reaction score
How is the pen? Is it as good as samsung s pen?

what are the software available for the pen like samsung s note or lecture note on android?

The pen is really responsive. Besides, there's palm rejection as well. One of the best softwares available for note taking is OneNote.

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
had some hands on with the set.
really tempted to get the pro with type cover.

but gonna hang on for a while more for a new model based on haswell. hope the new ones would be slimmer and have better battery life than the current gen.

chinhau5

Reaction score
had some hands on with the set.
really tempted to get the pro with type cover.

but gonna hang on for a while more for a new model based on haswell. hope the new ones would be slimmer and have better battery life than the current gen.

That's going to take some time I think.

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than challenger, where can we buy the screen protector locally from shop for surface pro?

laironpark

Reaction score
[News] Microsoft launches Surface RT discount for schools

Suface RT Tablet (32GB) = US$199
Tablet with Touch Keyboard Cover = US$249
Tablet with Type Keboard Cover = US$289

"The offer is available direct from Microsoft to K12 and higher education institutions. It is available to schools in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China (via Digital China), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States."

Microsoft launches Surface RT discount for schools | ZDNet

Last edited:

pbcjohn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where got stock for type cover? Tried few plc like challenger vivo and whitesands but no stocks...

belgarathc

Reaction score

"The offer is available direct from Microsoft to K12 and higher education institutions. It is available to schools in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China (via Digital China), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States."

Any student can buy and sell to me? :o

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
harvey norman centrepoint should still have type cover.but just in case, give them a call first.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score

Only to schools however. You can't buy it as a student alone.

Last edited:

chansl89

Reaction score
OMG.... luckily i didnt buy it .... i bought a spare laptop instead .. now so cheap .. dont mind extra tablet ... :s13::s13:

Wonder how can i purchase it ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.