EDMW Knife Collectors

sojourn88

Reaction score
Well, you may not or you just might! Only time will tell. :)

knife collection..is a natural progress, taste changes and evolve into more complexity. When first started i thought the spydy hole is so ugly and never wanted to buy one, now after handling it, it not only feels good but looks good too with the hole. ;-)

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
knife collection..is a natural progress, taste changes and evolve into more complexity. When first started i thought the spydy hole is so ugly and never wanted to buy one, now after handling it, it not only feels good but looks good too with the hole. ;-)

I still have my reservations on the spydie hole being something I want on my EDC, even though I own an Endura 4. :/ and yes, tastes changes. I'm very very attracted my metal surfaces even though carbon fiber was my holy grail back then.

And oh, I just ordered a lanyard bead and made a two bight Turks head lanyard for my shallot. The lanyard bead is polished brass with 3 ice blue tritium inserts. Cost me SGD$100... And I have some shipment of paracord coming in too. Gonna make more lanyards for sale.

And will any of you be interested in moonglow lanyard beads? They are STUNNING. I'll be buying some raw sheets of moonglow and fabricate my own. I'll post pictures upon completion!

sojourn88

Reaction score
I still have my reservations on the spydie hole being something I want on my EDC, even though I own an Endura 4. :/ and yes, tastes changes. I'm very very attracted my metal surfaces even though carbon fiber was my holy grail back then.

And oh, I just ordered a lanyard bead and made a two bight Turks head lanyard for my shallot. The lanyard bead is polished brass with 3 ice blue tritium inserts. Cost me SGD$100... And I have some shipment of paracord coming in too. Gonna make more lanyards for sale.

And will any of you be interested in moonglow lanyard beads? They are STUNNING. I'll be buying some raw sheets of moonglow and fabricate my own. I'll post pictures upon completion!

i am not into this stage yet.. $100 for some beads..thats way too high for me.
haha..
i am still waiting for my Oeser swayback coming in..hopefully not too much hassle..

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
i am not into this stage yet.. $100 for some beads..thats way too high for me.
haha..
i am still waiting for my Oeser swayback coming in..hopefully not too much hassle..

Hahaha, I wanted some awesome bling. I originally wanted a titanium one, which they produced, but in a limited run of 10 pieces. So I had to get the brass instead. I like glowing stuffs like tritium that's why. Now I'm looking at glowing alternatives, so I'm bringing in materials to experiment.

http://www.blackbadger.se/shop/isotope-titanium-and-moonglow/
I got some inspiration from the above ring. I'll make it into lanyard bead size with the same glow material. Hope it works out!

fishcake2005

Reaction score
Hi, letting go my Hinderer XM-18 3" Slicer 20CV (Orange G10 + Sterile blade). Got this from bro nilfire77 earlier and totally unused. Letting it go @ $650 (Cheapest hinderer you can find in the market). Sms me at 9322-7427 to own this hinderer :)

1-4_zps587b5e40.jpg

Final price reduction S$600.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
The Will Moon looks good...I like the review/reviewer. Do show off when you get it.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
I think you'll need to wait till next year for me to show off the Will Moon! HAHAHAHA.

oh by the way, I dropped by some knife shops today and saw that my Skeletool CX is SO OVERPRICED here! $210++ when my uncle only bought it for USD$60! Such atrocity. Can't even imagine the price someone will pay for my Kershaw Shallot DLC when I only paid US$35 for it. I saw the smaller plain Scallion for over $100 at Clark quay.

Also dropped by Black Tactical today. Giving everyone here a heads-up. Saw a well made Chris Reeves Sebenza Full Ti for only $180, original Benchmade 710 D2 steel for $350 (very tempted) and a Damascus Emerson for $800 (would rather buy a Will Moon custom to my liking for that price).
Anyone who wants something interesting or just a try on a certain maker should totally go down. Especially new knifeknuts. Not advertising, just voicing my experience there!
Got some new hoots today too. :D

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Just now chua sai.
Just get off bus at punggol interchange only, 2 police come screen me. I was EDC-ing my kershaw shallot. Search bag but didn't see it in my pocket. I was really lucky.
Heads up guys, police spot check today.

Any idea how to avoid getting detained by police because of an EDC knife? Will kena confiscated?

Hinata76

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually..just curious...why bring these around?

also...buy liao..do what with it?

always wanted to get a knife..but..then...cant show this..show that..cant cut anything..as in cut what?

tragic_mouse

Reaction score
Are hatchets allowed?

I'm salivating at this:

oh man i can't post links. google Joseph Bowen Micro Hatchet

and i'm waiting for my Higo knife to arrive....

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
actually..just curious...why bring these around?

also...buy liao..do what with it?

always wanted to get a knife..but..then...cant show this..show that..cant cut anything..as in cut what?

That's what I started with. Thoughts like what you're having.
But I guess you don't have to show everyone the things you like. And knife collecting is quite subjective, I have my friends thinking I'm deranged and not very sound in the head, but owning more than one knife doesn't mean we have to be mad or psychotic right?

If you feel like collecting, start of with cheaper ones. I carry mine around for convenience and as a habit formed in Paris.
It's better to have a knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it. I use it for my US packages, letters and also paracord weaving. If you worked with paracord, you know how much of a pain it is to cut it without a sharp blade.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Are hatchets allowed?

I'm salivating at this:

oh man i can't post links. google Joseph Bowen Micro Hatchet

and i'm waiting for my Higo knife to arrive....

Not too sure about that. My guess is that it's alright.
Maybe wait for vespaguy and Alan to chime in?

Hinata76

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's what I started with. Thoughts like what you're having.
But I guess you don't have to show everyone the things you like. And knife collecting is quite subjective, I have my friends thinking I'm deranged and not very sound in the head, but owning more than one knife doesn't mean we have to be mad or psychotic right?

If you feel like collecting, start of with cheaper ones. I carry mine around for convenience and as a habit formed in Paris.
It's better to have a knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it. I use it for my US packages, letters and also paracord weaving. If you worked with paracord, you know how much of a pain it is to cut it without a sharp blade.
any good place to sell knives rather than sell here in the open? good safe forum sites?

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
any good place to sell knives rather than sell here in the open? good safe forum sites?

Well, if you're looking to BUY, head down to some big shops to get an idea. JUST TO GET AN IDEA. Most shops I know tend to price above what you actually pay for if you get it on your own. Some popular shops I know are Black Tactical, Hornest, Hock Gift Shop, Sheares, Ceasars, and UrbanToolHaus.

If you're looking to sell, I only know Black Tactical has resale service. They claim 30% though. Not worth the work IMO.

I think this thread is a good place to start for both buying and selling. I wouldn't see why I wouldn't buy if there's proper paperwork (if required) and meet up sales.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.