The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare_Angel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just had a haircut at kobayashi. WORST HAIRCUT OF MY LIFE. I even went back home and trim some **** ends myself.

yaaa.. Word of advice, don't ever get a haircut from a malaysian. He cut for me like those paikia hairstyle even though i showed him a picture. Asked for an undercut but the overlapping part is way shorter than in the picture and the behind is those V shape.. Like the paikia kind. I guess malaysians have these kind of hairstyles that's why

Okie u went to level 2...Still can remb the hairstylist name, Max, Leslie, Ivan? or general description of the person... So far my experience with Vivian is good..U can try her or Purple..give them another chance ba~:)

dj_flame

Reaction score
Bought my first tub of Imperial Classic Pomade today, wow this stuff is crazy good. Styling side parts like Harvey Spector in Suits has never been easier. Usually my longer strands will fall onto my face as the day passes, needing a touch-up, but Classic pomade holds it there without being too heavy. Win-win!

If you're unsure about which Imperial product is suitable, try the Fiber. Good but not too strong hold, more matte than Gel or Classic, and like its name, creates texture via its fibers, so your hair wouldn't be so thin.

IMO Fiber is more versatile, but I wanted that slick business side-part, so bought Classic instead.

TL;DR version: Im an Imperial convert.

KrystalDFTD

Reaction score
Okie u went to level 2...Still can remb the hairstylist name, Max, Leslie, Ivan? or general description of the person... So far my experience with Vivian is good..U can try her or Purple..give them another chance ba~:)

Some dude called mitch.. I went to Shunji Matsuo at 313 to get it fixed today. Some director called Chisato cut it for me. ;) She saved my life.

saggice

Reaction score
Some dude called mitch.. I went to Shunji Matsuo at 313 to get it fixed today. Some director called Chisato cut it for me. ;) She saved my life.

Forget about Kobayashi bro, my experience wasn't exactly good too.

I think all the stylists there are Malaysians, they have a few new male stylists I heard, and the female stylists are flooded with all too many male customers making the whole haircut experience and feel a bit weird if you know what I mean...

I rather go Salon Vim or Shunji. More professional and I just need a good haircut. =)

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Kobayashi purple does give me a good haircut and experience. Just have to go during the right time.

thechew

Reaction score
hi guys. need some advice.

i've been using renati extreme hair play paste all these while, looking to try smth new.

between the Hanz De Fuko Quicksand and the Sebastian Craft Clay, which is easier to wash off and give a better matte finish? (i have fine and straight hair)

zish82

Reaction score
HDF Quicksand

hi guys. need some advice.

i've been using renati extreme hair play paste all these while, looking to try smth new.

between the Hanz De Fuko Quicksand and the Sebastian Craft Clay, which is easier to wash off and give a better matte finish? (i have fine and straight hair)

The Hanz De Fuko quicksand is easier to wash off compared to the Sebastian craft clay.

You can order it at HairyPortal for $28. Item arriving late June.

Sebastian Craft Clay is $21

Cheers

zish82

Reaction score
Imperial Barber Classic Pomade

Is joico ice erratic hair molding clay good for sidecomb?

Can it last the whole day without dropping?

For side comb you can try the Imperial Barber Classic pomade. It has great hold and able to last the whole day.

We have been receiving great reviews for the Classic pomade so far. It is available now for $32 at HairyPortal. Enter coupon code JUNEOFFERTWO and like our Facebook page for a $2 discount.

You can visit our website at HairyPortal.com or email us at harry@hairyportal.com

Cheers
Harry | HairyPortal

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score
LOL kobayashi. Purple from lvl2 gives a decent haircut but she is always booked by guys who just want to ogle at her. The rest of them don't need to think of trying unless you want a bad hair week or something. They are really a malaysian salon with japanese name and a boss who knows how to speak jap. I am quite curious as to why would Lawrence the boss open a salon business when he knows nothing about hair.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly, i dunno is it lucky or not that im 'stuck' with purple. i pop by 1 day just to try out the salon and there was no1 inside. purple decided to take me on and cut for me. so whenever i go back i will look for her but apparently her schedule is quite booked all the time :s22:

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just a review for hairy portal:

bought the hairbond moulder. damn glad to finally be able to lay hands on it in SG after all the rave reviews I have read about it.

Pro:
- quality is damn high & the reviews were not wrong about it
- matt and VERY natural finish

con:
- the hold is not very good even though its 4 stars out of 5 for the hold factor. somehow maybe its my hair or its singapore humidity but the hold isn't very impressive even after using my OSIS hairspray. end of the day can see more and more fly-aways as the hold weakens
- sometimes after rubbing too much, it sorts of 'liquidfy' into a watery substance.

trying to compensate for the hold by mixing a bit of my uevo grey with it everytime i use. the uevo grey is a little too dry for my liking. still trying to get the hang of it...

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly, i dunno is it lucky or not that im 'stuck' with purple. i pop by 1 day just to try out the salon and there was no1 inside. purple decided to take me on and cut for me. so whenever i go back i will look for her but apparently her schedule is quite booked all the time :s22:

same here, made an appt once w/o specifying anyone in particular.
but haven't went back for subsequent visit with her yet, wonder how much time in advance is needed to make a appt with her.

then again I went during off-peak hr back then so maybe that's why there wasn't much ppl.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same here, made an appt once w/o specifying anyone in particular.
but haven't went back for subsequent visit with her yet, wonder how much time in advance is needed to make a appt with her.

then again I went during off-peak hr back then so maybe that's why there wasn't much ppl.

I usually will book her 3-4 days in advance. Most of the time i will go on Friday evening.

_Elessar_

Reaction score
what is an effective way to get rid of dandruff? tried nearly every product known to men but still no use. is it advisable to consult yun nam? :s13::s13::s13:

HeyYouThere

Reaction score
any advise to get rid of white hair? i got alot sia and its not hereditary also..
i tried dying hair but less than a month start popping out already..

also, any recommendations for hair salon that no need advance booking?
i always go to either Twister kason or Salon vim Ivan but their schedule quite tight need book a week in adv then i sometimes will forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.