Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bberry

Reaction score

there are a few reputable brands, panasonic, daikin, mit, etc...However good or not is not the same to everyone, very much due to individual experience.

for me:
one house is using mitsubishi System 2, so far after 5 years, still working fine.

another house has daikin installed in Living/Dining(system 2) and 3 bedrooms(System 3). after 12 years, the compressor in System 3 spoilt, so gotta change all...i changed to LG. now 3 years already, LG still ok.
the diakin in living/dining is still working fine since 15 years ago.

so my experience with mit, daikin, LG so far so good. but daikin has proven to run for more than 12 years...so for me, my preference is daikin.

drevey

Reaction score
Air-con

Hi,

Looking to install 2 x air cons, Any recommendations on Energy Saving models/brands and any estimated cost?

souler87

Reaction score
hi all,

My house sys 3 national brand Aircon had spoilt for years, thinking of changing a new system 3. I noted that the main switch for the Aircon is rated 250AC, amp 20A. Does that mean I need to change the power unit in my house as well?

Any practical savings for buying inverter sys? My family don't usually slp with aircon unless it really hot and humid for that particular day. I'm thinking of paying by installment (since I suggest to change most likely I have to fork the $$ as well) so should be going to get from Gain City.

Should i ask them for a free site survey to see the existing trunking,placement of the FCUs and condenser?

Thanks in advance.

vanquish77

Reaction score
Hi guys I stayed in tampines and my flat is those 4A type (abt 20yrs old). I intend to get a system 3 or 4. My qn is is there a limit for the btu I can get n Secondly, is 21k btu enough?

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the last time i visited this thread when my aircon unit was installed 3years ago! :s13:

tansrb

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any reliable companies that i can go to for quotation and installation? thanks!

JoySakurai

Reaction score
Okay, so I had my aircon installed by GainCity on wed.
Sys3 Mitsubishi Starmex.
But 1 aircon blows room temperature air! :((

It occassionally blows cold air, but day time it blows room temperature air. I can have it on in the evening, sleep with cold air, but around 11am it will start blowing warm air all afternoon.

GainCity sent their technicians down at 5pm. They checked that only 1 blower was blowing warm air. N checked for gas.
Said there's no prob with the gas n told me I have to get Mitsubishi electricians down instead to check the blower.
I asked if it could be a leak, the guy said if leak, all 3 would be blowing warm air and not just one.

What do u think it is aircon guru?
:( damn sad... Jin suay.

ramenplay

Reaction score
Hi Bros,
Bad experience today and damn suay. I got a guy to come and repair my aircon today. Got his contact after a google search. His name is Derrick 83164313.

First he came and demanded payment first for servicing and checkup. After paying him, he did a 5 min check and said he needed to replace a sparepart. As it was close to 5pm, he said the suppliers might be closing soon and may have to wait until Mon.

As we told him we needed the aircon to work urgently, given the haze and all, he said he will go and find other parts.

After he left, we had to call him up a few times and every time he gave impatient and rude replies. Eventually he said we need to replace a part which cost close to $400!!! When we ask him what part he is replacing, he couldn't say it out. WTF!!

Anyway, morale of the story is that, if you come across this handyman, PLEASE DO NOT use him!

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bros,
Bad experience today and damn suay. I got a guy to come and repair my aircon today. Got his contact after a google search. His name is Derrick 83164313.

First he came and demanded payment first for servicing and checkup. After paying him, he did a 5 min check and said he needed to replace a sparepart. As it was close to 5pm, he said the suppliers might be closing soon and may have to wait until Mon.

As we told him we needed the aircon to work urgently, given the haze and all, he said he will go and find other parts.

After he left, we had to call him up a few times and every time he gave impatient and rude replies. Eventually he said we need to replace a part which cost close to $400!!! When we ask him what part he is replacing, he couldn't say it out. WTF!!

Anyway, morale of the story is that, if you come across this handyman, PLEASE DO NOT use him!

you paid him for servicing and check up.
He serviced and checked up.

Has done anything wrong?

weiyang76

Master Member
Reaction score
Can anybody send me quotes for System 2 (Daikin, Mitsubishi Starmex, Panasonic, LG) ?

I'll prefer G23 and thicker insulation cables

Thank you so much

tandws

Reaction score
Status to date after compressor change

I read that the price for the compressor is almost same as a brand new system, and that most people will opt to change the whole system.

IS it worth just to change the compressor?

The compressor was previously replaced and 1.5 years lately it is still running very robustly with very cold air. A tip is to ensure that you completely renew the R22 gas because recon set R22 gas is not new and can be a couple of years old. You will know when the gas gets yellowish by asking maintenance crew to check during your air con servicing. We also get the person who replace the compressor to do our servicing which ensures his honestly and workmanship :s12:. Furthermore his charges are very reasonable for $20 per aircon. Used to work for Daikin so he is very good with this brand of aircon.

He talks like a lawyer or some thinks like a salesman. Feels too smooth sometimes. He is harmless as this was due to mission school background. Took us a while to be comfortable around each other.:s22: Name is Jerome, mobile is 98484849 who is not into facebook. Not advertising for him, but after these 3 years of patronage he has prove his professionalism and age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.