Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewind

Reaction score
Bros, any aircon installation company to recommend? Called up hong tar, only can install in early july. The haze is real bad man,

Is natural cool ok?

evoram

Master Member
Reaction score
can try newway , got a quote from them few days back, its a little cheaper then then courts and best, but the materials they use for installation are better.

Bros, any aircon installation company to recommend? Called up hong tar, only can install in early july. The haze is real bad man,

Is natural cool ok?

DingDang51

Reaction score
For living room size 4mx5m,do l need 12k or 18k btu fcu?

Was quoted 3.1k for Daikin inverter 25k btu CU and 1x18k and 2x9k btu FCU. Is it reasonable? Tks

spreeorganizer

Reaction score
Just bought Mitsubishi hi from amk gaincity, spent $3339 for system 3 including $150 for bracket and $180 for thicker pipe. I know the price is not competitive but it includes 5years warranty if any spare part spoil and 3 years warranty on gas, water leakage.

Earliest installation date available is 12July though. A lot of people were looking at aircon. Waited quite sometime before someone can serve us.

boiboi123

Reaction score
hello everyone!

I am looking to install aircon for the very first time, in a ~20 year old HDB. Probably looking for a system 3 (3 rooms), usage will be minimal, at night when it is warm.

May i know if anyone has any recommendations? I read some posts and it seems like mitsubishi seems to be quite popular.

Also, i chanced upon this promotion leaflet from courts: can anyone advise me if the mitubishi system 3 inverter is reasonable?

Fans-Air-Coolers-Air-Conditioners-Sona-EuropAce-Mistral-Honeywell-KDK-Dyson.jpg
<-- bottom right corner, only mitsubishi one

many thanks in advance!

edit:

also, I went to the HDB website and realised that my flat ' has not been provided with higher electrical loading. You will need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment).'

does this mean I necessarily have to do this before installing aircon?

Last edited:

ksteosin

Reaction score
My Techno casement not cool anymore at 18C. Please advise what types of service it needs to be cool again. Thanks.

Spooni

Reaction score

Is natural cool ok?

can try alphacool.. see their advertisments in newspaper and price quite resonable

Dryden28

Reaction score
Just went to IMM 3rd floor where all the furniture, renovation shops are.

Went to AllBest to buy a Toshiba system 3 inverter for $3298
5 years warrenty for 1x13K, 2x10k blower, compressor and installation
The sales guy told me whole set made in Japan and gave me a $120 servicing voucher done by them.

The attractive part is according to them, they don't outsource their installation. I had very bad experience with previous installer always leak after about 1 year of use.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys, do you on your air con to auto or cool mode?

if auto mode, when temp reaches desired temp, the fan will turn off. Is it better to use auto mode and a normal fan for air circulation or use cool mode to run the aircon fan permanently?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had my aircon installed with Allbest in year 2007..and lotsa problem after that...

really All the Best sia....

dragonbryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys really need help. My house has a super old aircon that are no longer working and now my parents are going to install new aircon so just looking around.

After reading tens of pages and my own research, seems like mitsu is not that reliable and many people has complain of it after like 3-5 years so I decided that maybe Daikin/Toshiba is the way to go as many people has good after sales experience &/or a longer lifespan.

Can someone recommend me which brand and model should I go for (if got better recommendation then daikin/toshiba also can)? My house is the very old 3A Room HDB, basically those old 3rm at corner house. So is only 2 rooms + 1 room that was build during HDB upgrade, super small and also happen to be my room =(
My family only switch on the aircon at night when we sleep so probably 8 hour usage per day.

And if daikin is what I can go ahead with, can someone recommend a good company I can go to with good installation?

Thanks a million in advance!!!

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro. what problem did u encounter?

installation prob, electrical wire seems to be shorted and my study room unit will auto on when switch on aircon in other room. and the worst thing is, all my trunking is hidden in my wardrobe, so, it cannot be fixed unless I tear down my wardrobe. so LL, I permanently disabled my study room unit. this happened within 3 years, and I seldom use my aircon even.

3 months later, my master room unit also shorted. and temporary, I have to run electrical wire outside for the master room unit..

I was using SHARP, and SHARP aircon is good, but the installers (ALL THE BEST) sucks big time.
or maybe only that particular msian pair didn't do a good job...but ALL Best should have been responsible for the electrical problem.

PS: call all best, technician came and stay this is installer problem and warranty only 1 year. so I called my reno's contact for aircon and the new guy was helping for all the problem.

I will be revamping my aircon in 1 or 2 years time...also trying to look for a good installer..

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to Gain City and Courts yesterday to look at one Panasonic model.

Gain City - cheaper by $200 (includes 5 year warranty, free installation, $120 bracket)

Courts - expensive by $200 (includes 5 year warranty, free installation, $130 bracket)

Any catch/hidden costs here?

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The senior sales guy from Courts recommended us Fujitsu over Panasonic models. Both are system 2 inverters models.

Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.