Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bros,

now use CGw better???

tks

i haven't used Borderlinx in ages ... but dun think i in a hurry to use them again

vPost, can forget liao ... takes ages ... worst thing is delivery in SG ! tracking if any is slow ... and you dun have the option of those courier service companies or arranging what time u want items delivered (Speedpost/SingPost)

iParcel ... this one mentioned bcos Amazon direct shipping to SG (if your items eligible, most likely will be the courier used by Amazon cos cheapest)
upon arrival in SG ... will usually be handed over to Speedpost (SingPost) for local delivery ... same headache as vPost

CGW ... never looked back since i started using them earlier this year
have shipped more items and packages back with them, than all the previous years by vpost, Borderlinx combined lol
i dun really judge them by their shipping $ ... more for their efficiency.
I opt for express shipping (for the few bucks more) cos faster ... sometimes receive items within 4 days of shipping from US.
also paying for package insurance is compulsory (a fraction of total cost) ... worth it
i recently lost an item and was able to claim 100% of the item's cost (US domestic shipping charge if any is not covered) ... and furthermore can cham siong ... when i got replacement for that item, i asked if they could waive the express shipping for that item alone back to SG ... they readily obliged.
also some merchants in US never write my CGW customer code properly ... if vPost, most likely i will have to request a trace ... but CGW has come thru most times without alerting me ... they just send email to ask me to confirm if indeed mine ...

bottomline, it's up to each individual and which one u comfortable with ...

cheers

disclaimer : i not CGW's employee or associate in any way

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the chosen courier also plays an important part ...

again, i'm not promoting an company nor dissing them
just sharing what i know (i think lol)

CGW ... usually use DHL (i've yet to receive packages via Fedex) ...
so far the best courier

DHL vs UPS :
- DHL online tracking is better than say UPS, more detailed ... and offers more flexibility in terms of notifications
- DHL Hotline CSO is also "friendlier", and efficient
- i staying in the west : DHL can deliver to me in the morning if i see that my package is already with courier (out on the road already) ... UPS (no can do ... before noon is reserved for priority customer and companies ... wtf sia lol ... was told this when i called to request a package sent by Amazon under Express UPS Shipping !!! dunno why no qualify lol) ...
DHL can ask where delivery man is ... got chance to plan if i should stay home wait or go out ... usually the time quoted for delivery is within 2 hours vs UPS 3 eg UPS will deliver between 7-10 pm, 1-4 pm, etc vs DHL 6-8pm, 1-3pm ...
- UPS ... i told them to instruct delivery man no need waste time to come by my place since no one's gonna be home (Sat) ... they work until 6pm ... i rescheduled delivery for another day ... delivery man no get update and hours later (since i called in) arrived at my doorstep lol ... luckily i was delayed so able to collect package lol

but again, sometimes depends ... if you got rapport with delivery man ... may work to your advantage
UPS delivery man once called me up and asked if ok for him to leave small package in between gate and door (outta arm's reach of cos, cos i was out) ...
i agreed cos win-win situation ... all i needed was to send an an sms of approval to him

cheers

Last edited:

feist_

Reaction score

but again, sometimes depends ... if you got rapport with delivery man ... may work to your advantage
UPS delivery man once called me up and asked if ok for him to leave small package in between gate and door (outta arm's reach of cos, cos i was out) ...
i agreed cos win-win situation ... all i needed was to send an an sms of approval to him

cheers

thats so cool! that time i shopped frm shopbop and they used UPS - the item dawdled in Shenzhen for 3 days (maybe they go and copy my bag), then in SG for like 4+ days before delivering to my house.

then while typing an email to scold them the item arrived lol

shinobiIII

Reaction score
hey peeps,

I am trying out cgw for the first time, but the welcome pack promocode for 10% off doesnt seem to work.

and does it mean, 10% can stack with the dbs card promo too?

thanks!

WendyB

Reaction score
Comgateway registration problem?

Hey anyone knows what's with Comgateway registration module?

I tried registering but there seems to be a problem as their system is not responding. Any idea how to get round it? Don't seem to be able to find any email address for enquiries too.

JTMonkey

Reaction score
Been using borderlinx. The shipping cost is a bit high and there was no promo code recently. However, was surprised by DHL Sunday delivery even though the package arrived in Singapore on Saturday late evening and cleared custom on Sunday morning. Great job but expensive.

WadsUpDoc

Reaction score
Hi,

May I know how does CGW calculate their volumetric weight? It is very clearly stated in borderlinux, but for CGW they only show the first 0.5kg and the additional 0.5kg charges.

Also, are odd-shaped items usually resulting in higher charges after volumetric weight is calculated? Are fragile items also higher in volumetric charges than non-fragile items?

Thanks!

WendyB

Reaction score
Hi people,

I managed to solve the problem - it seems that Comgateway is not supported by earlier versions of IE - I changed to Chrome and problem solved.

Now on my way to placing orders...

hammerng

Reaction score
Does anyone know any forwarder that allows standalone NiMH battery to be shipped from US to SG?

As far as I know both vpost and cgw do not, and borderlinx seems to be giving out vague answer on that.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any forwarder that allows standalone NiMH battery to be shipped from US to SG?

As far as I know both vpost and cgw do not, and borderlinx seems to be giving out vague answer on that.

Why do you want to do that? Doesn't sound cost effective to ship NiMH batteries to Singapore.

hammerng

Reaction score
Why do you want to do that? Doesn't sound cost effective to ship NiMH batteries to Singapore.

Because it's not those typical NiMH batteries.

It is one of those batteries with circuit board that are to be used with RAID controller card. For example, Genuine HP P400 Smart Array RAID 398648 001 4 8V Ni MH Battery 381573 001 w CBL | eBay. For a new original set, the official quoted price of the battery in SG is approx. 3X the price in US.

Anyway I have received a positive answer from Borderlinx, just in case if anyone is looking for an answer on something similar.

benchmark

Master Member
Reaction score

again, i'm not promoting an company nor dissing them
just sharing what i know (i think lol)

CGW ... usually use DHL (i've yet to receive packages via Fedex) ...
so far the best courier

FEDEX is absolutely HORRENDOUS. Big name, but that's all there is to it. Lousy customer service, delivery man disappears, no one know what's going on, no proper explanation.

DHL is the only way to go.

benchmark

Master Member
Reaction score
:s12: Sharing Lobang :s12:

Promo July 2013

Uclick2buy will be celebrating Independence Day together with USA. S$7.40 Off 1st kg for USA - SIN shipments.

Valid For the 1st 74 Customers.

Valid for shipments from 1st July to 31st July only.

Not valid with any other ongoing promotion.

Promo Code INDP74

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s12: Sharing Lobang :s12:

Promo July 2013

Uclick2buy will be celebrating Independence Day together with USA. S$7.40 Off 1st kg for USA - SIN shipments.

Valid For the 1st 74 Customers.

Valid for shipments from 1st July to 31st July only.

Not valid with any other ongoing promotion.

Promo Code INDP74

lobang for?!

I need borderlinx promo code.....

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Comgateway is there free upgrade to express if using posb go debit card to pay? Having problem error click try again for payment details. Using mobile to access comgateway

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.