Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To ralliart_ray,

Based on ur usage, sys 4 should be better for u.
Since u duh on all 4 @ the same time.

terumo, I am going to collect my HDB 4 room flat keys next week. Intending to shop for A/C this weekend. Any recommendation for the brand? or where to get from? For Sys 4 inverter.

ahbear82

Reaction score
Dear all,i intend to install system 2 air con for my 15 years old house, 2 air con with 1 compressor, which brand and which model is good now? I go to courts and the staff there recommend me Fujitsu inverter.

My main concern would be power consumption and durability...

autumnleaf

Reaction score
Hi guys really need help. My house has a super old aircon that are no longer working and now my parents are going to install new aircon so just looking around.

After reading tens of pages and my own research, seems like mitsu is not that reliable and many people has complain of it after like 3-5 years so I decided that maybe Daikin/Toshiba is the way to go as many people has good after sales experience &/or a longer lifespan.

Can someone recommend me which brand and model should I go for (if got better recommendation then daikin/toshiba also can)? My house is the very old 3A Room HDB, basically those old 3rm at corner house. So is only 2 rooms + 1 room that was build during HDB upgrade, super small and also happen to be my room =(
My family only switch on the aircon at night when we sleep so probably 8 hour usage per day.

And if daikin is what I can go ahead with, can someone recommend a good company I can go to with good installation?

Thanks a million in advance!!!

I was considering between Panasonic, Mitsubishi and toshiba but eventually chose toshiba as its the only one still made in Japan ( at least the compressor is) and they are the pioneer in inverter technology. The price is also the same as starmex plus they give 12k and 2x 9k blower where as starmex for this price is 3 x 9k blower.

Another factor is the energy consumption for toshiba is lower among the 3 brands I mentioned.

dragonbryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For living room size 4mx5m,do l need 12k or 18k btu fcu?

Was quoted 3.1k for Daikin inverter 25k btu CU and 1x18k and 2x9k btu FCU. Is it reasonable? Tks

Bro care to share where you got your quotes from and which model are they?

dragonbryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was considering between Panasonic, Mitsubishi and toshiba but eventually chose toshiba as its the only one still made in Japan ( at least the compressor is) and they are the pioneer in inverter technology. The price is also the same as starmex plus they give 12k and 2x 9k blower where as starmex for this price is 3 x 9k blower.

Another factor is the energy consumption for toshiba is lower among the 3 brands I mentioned.

Thanks for the info bro, care to share what was the price you paid and the model?

autumnleaf

Reaction score
Thanks for the info bro, care to share what was the price you paid and the model?

The model is RAS3M20SACV and its going for 3000 for system 3 including installation and 5 year installing warranty. I paid an extra 299 for 5 year parts and labour warranty.

DingDang51

Reaction score
To DingDang51,

Living room requires 12k btu based on ur measurements.

thanks, terumo. i got a contractor down for site survey and was recommended 18k btu, think i will get them to revise

Could you kindly advise if the below quote is considered reasonable?

Daikin 3MKS71 + FTKS25 x 2 + FTKS50 x 1 $4088
incl. G23 copper pipe + armaflex 3/8'' thick insulation
16mm uPVC drain pipe with 1/4'' thick insulation
local brand cable
stainless steel bracket

If I change to 12k BTU for the 1 FCU but everything else above remains the same, what should the price range I should expect?

this is my first time installing aircon, so totally noob :s22:

Last edited:

dragonbryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Argh shlt, my parents go and anyhow engage a company to do already. Anyone heard of this C.R. Private Limited? Any feedback on this company?

xweiyunx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AC Thread

Hi,

I would like to ask whether I should go for system 3 or sytem 4 based on the following layout.

Is the following btu sufficient for the attached layout?

Master and Bedroom 2 - 9,000 Btu each

Bedroom 3 and living room (as the wall between them has been removed) - 2 x 12, 000 btu or 24,000 btu.

The hdb is about 25 years so not eligible for 2 CU configuration. (I heard)

Which brand is better ? (Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic)

Any ac contractors to introduce? ( I read through saw G...C..., N...C.., H...T..., any more?)

Appreciate your advise and ps for the multiple qn.

Attachments

• Room Layout.jpg
    Room Layout.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 28

JoySakurai

Reaction score
Okay, so I had my aircon installed by GainCity on wed.
Sys3 Mitsubishi Starmex.
But 1 aircon blows room temperature air! :((

It occassionally blows cold air, but day time it blows room temperature air. I can have it on in the evening, sleep with cold air, but around 11am it will start blowing warm air all afternoon.

GainCity sent their technicians down at 5pm. They checked that only 1 blower was blowing warm air. N checked for gas.
Said there's no prob with the gas n told me I have to get Mitsubishi electricians down instead to check the blower.
I asked if it could be a leak, the guy said if leak, all 3 would be blowing warm air and not just one.

What do u think it is aircon guru?
:( damn sad... Jin suay.

in regard to my problem, there seem to be a higher likelihood of success when my sis's room's aircon is on. else mine most of the time blow room temperature air for some reason.
my sis's aircon also has the same prob, but not as frequent as mine...

any ideas on the issue?

I suspect it's to do with the piping. but when I called GainCity down for inspection, they say confirm not leakage since gas is still full and if leakage all 3 blowers will be blowing warm air, but it seems more like a problem with the piping that goes through my room and through my room to my sister's room.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been using Gaincity pass 3 air-con system, so far so good.
3rd air-con not cool after 1 years, within warranty, changed PCB board, no charges.
will chose installer 1st then brand to use.
2cents :)

what do you mean by installer?

If buy from Gain City, staff from Gain City will install for us?

librahaha

Reaction score
Hi bro, the price that you had being offered for ME inverter (presuming all 3x 9k) is pretty high...

I had just ordered from mine and I paid about $2750 with those good brands of installation materials included... If bracket is needed to be changed, an additional $100.

You may also go to Mega Discount Store at Kallang which they are quoting at $2899 inclusive of good installation materials.

Have a good day .

Hi..which company you get the quote from? I intend to change mine very old AC to ME starmex

Spooni

Reaction score
Aircon Installation

Just got my aircon installed due to the hot weather by AlphaCool Engineering. Saw their advert on the newspaper and decided to engage them as their prices are quite reasonable. Their workmanship and services not that bad after all. Most importantly is no more hot nights as summer is approaching !! :s12:

devintageplace

Reaction score
LG Air Conditioning Remote Controller 6711A20073E

Anyone needs a Lg remote controller model no. 6711A20073E ? Brand new unused selling @ $28. Retail @ $45 (batteries not included) Call or what's app me @ 96910445, Andy. Thank you

xweiyunx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AC installtion

Hi

Aircon gurus,

Any advise on this issue

Many thanks in advise for the prompt response.

Hi,

I would like to ask whether I should go for system 3 or sytem 4 based on the following layout.

Is the following btu sufficient for the attached layout?

Master and Bedroom 2 - 9,000 Btu each

Bedroom 3 and living room (as the wall between them has been removed) - 2 x 12, 000 btu or 24,000 btu.

The hdb is about 25 years so not eligible for 2 CU configuration. (I heard)

Which brand is better ? (Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic)

Any ac contractors to introduce? ( I read through saw G...C..., N...C.., H...T..., any more?)

Appreciate your advise and sorry for the multiple qn.

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has the LG SYS 3 AIRCON + INSTALL H3UC216FAO / HMNC096DWAO X 3 Aircon can comment on whether its good?

raiindrops

Reaction score
Noisy FCU...

Installed a single split Daikin FTKS25DVM on the Wed and the FCU emits a rattling noise aft a couple of hours into operation. It's very obvious when e rattle sets in; 'tiak tiak tiak' in a quick temper, similar to the sound of a loose dashboard of a car.

Thinking something went loose, I tried pressing e front panel adding few knocks on the trunking but to no avail. :s8:

I noticed a blinking green light (not operating light) from inside the rear of FCU, is this even normal?

Also, am wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a door sweep? Many thanks~

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To raiindrops,

Maybe the sound is due to expansion/contraction of e plastic parts in the fcu.

The blinking green light is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.