SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Hi folks, its my first time tio RT cos I didn't manage to clear my IPPT b4 the 9mths window. Nw i m left with the 3mth window to complete 20 RTs. But frm the looks of tinks, I dun tink i can complete in time cos I m overloaded with work during wkdays n can only afford to go during wkends. Even if I chong all the wkends,it is very unlikely tat I can complete 20 RTs in time. Besides,the system also dun allow me to book back to back RT sessions as well.

My question is: What is the penalty for not completing the required 20 RTs in time? Juz pay fine only? 1st time offence here. Will it make a difference if I go for like 1-2 RT sessions to show tat I at least tried to go? Or it doesn't make a difference? N 1 RT session is 4 hours? So long meh?

Appreciate any advise. Thanks!

On the 8th RT session is the IPPT session, you can pass it there.

Each session is about 2-2.5 hours.

shadow82

Reaction score
On the 8th RT session is the IPPT session, you can pass it there.

Each session is about 2-2.5 hours.
Hi AceYour Maths,

Actually, I am more interested in the penalty tat comes with not completing the required 20 RTs as time is not on my side per previous post. Do you have any idea what that penalty might be?

I booked the sunday RT. The record in NS website shows that the training is from 1600-2000 hrs. Is there a mistake somewhere? Is it really that long?

GameboyX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi AceYour Maths,

Actually, I am more interested in the penalty tat comes with not completing the required 20 RTs as time is not on my side per previous post. Do you have any idea what that penalty might be?

I booked the sunday RT. The record in NS website shows that the training is from 1600-2000 hrs. Is there a mistake somewhere? Is it really that long?
first timer normally tio warning or fine. i'm not sure how much is the fine or how they decide though. the timing is put for fun one. normally will be only 2.5 hours, at least for bedok fcc.

the best is still to pass rt-ippt in your 8th session.

-Wanderer-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is my 1st time getting RT in the 3 month window. I have 3 questions to ask:

1) My 1st RT was canceled by Mindef due to the haze; they sent an SMS for it. I didn't go for my 2nd RT as the haze has not completely gone down; didn't want to risk a possible asthma attack. I have no MC for that session. So will I get charged?

2) Is it true that you get paid for every RT session that you attend? If yes, how much?

3) If I clear my RT-IPPT in the 8th session, does that mean I will be fully released from RT & IPPT for this window of mine? And is the RT-IPPT standard the same as a normal IPPT? Or easier standards?

GameboyX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is my 1st time getting RT in the 3 month window. I have 3 questions to ask:

1) My 1st RT was canceled by Mindef due to the haze; they sent an SMS for it. I didn't go for my 2nd RT as the haze has not completely gone down; didn't want to risk a possible asthma attack. I have no MC for that session. So will I get charged?

2) Is it true that you get paid for every RT session that you attend? If yes, how much?

3) If I clear my RT-IPPT in the 8th session, does that mean I will be fully released from RT & IPPT for this window of mine? And is the RT-IPPT standard the same as a normal IPPT? Or easier standards?
1) normally wont.

2) yes you are paid, half day pay per RT session.

3) yes, u will be released once you passed. standard is the same as normal IPPT.

shadow82

Reaction score
first timer normally tio warning or fine. i'm not sure how much is the fine or how they decide though. the timing is put for fun one. normally will be only 2.5 hours, at least for bedok fcc.

Hi GameboyX,
Thanks for ur response. I tink a fine is ok ba. Actually I wanted to opt for IPT de cos the passing stds to acheive is lower. My previous window is IPT de which i cleared with PPT targets met. But i didn't knw tat every new window need to opt for IPT again de. My mentality was tat once IPT le then al the way IPT le. So i only went for IPPT with a mindset of meeting PPT targets which I met during the 9 mths window. After tat i received the SMS saying i failed IPPT then I realised my mistake.

Another question: Do u tink that there is any pt to go for 1-2 RT sessions juz to wayang that I tried to complete the 20 RT sessions?

GameboyX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi GameboyX,
Thanks for ur response. I tink a fine is ok ba. Actually I wanted to opt for IPT de cos the passing stds to acheive is lower. My previous window is IPT de which i cleared with PPT targets met. But i didn't knw tat every new window need to opt for IPT again de. My mentality was tat once IPT le then al the way IPT le. So i only went for IPPT with a mindset of meeting PPT targets which I met during the 9 mths window. After tat i received the SMS saying i failed IPPT then I realised my mistake.

Another question: Do u tink that there is any pt to go for 1-2 RT sessions juz to wayang that I tried to complete the 20 RT sessions?
IPT trick doesnt work forever u know right? because once your PPT targets were met, if i'm not wrong, next year's PPT target will be one band higher at least. they aren't going to make things easy for u.

for your question, no, i think no point. if u want punishment to be more lenient, definitely need more than just 1-2 sessions.

anyway, u can request for extension after 5th session, the extension is a month. try to complete all 20 or pass rt-ippt to save the trouble.

ftft58

Reaction score

bro do u know if tio warning only, is it still counted as 1st charge or not 'recorded' at all?

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asking the experts here.

I'm an obese NSmen taking IPT, if I manage to hit the target BMI before the 10th session, do I still need to complete all 10 sessions?

Cause I'm thinking of going for 1 to take the weight and then train on my own because let's face it, IPT and RT are time wasters, and then go back like 2 months later for another session and take the weight again and hit the target BMI.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asking the experts here.

I'm an obese NSmen taking IPT, if I manage to hit the target BMI before the 10th session, do I still need to complete all 10 sessions?

Cause I'm thinking of going for 1 to take the weight and then train on my own because let's face it, IPT and RT are time wasters, and then go back like 2 months later for another session and take the weight again and hit the target BMI.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Yes.........

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a question...

Yesterday was my 10th sesssion of IPT so i took IPT-IPPT.

My PPT banding was band 3 and i met all the PPT requirements. (Is there any min. points or we just have to meet the minimum PPT requirements for all stations?)

How long will the NS.SG portal take to update the results? Because it shows that i attended the IPT session but at the sometime reflects that i have no completed IPT.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a question...

Yesterday was my 10th sesssion of IPT so i took IPT-IPPT.

My PPT banding was band 3 and i met all the PPT requirements. (Is there any min. points or we just have to meet the minimum PPT requirements for all stations?)

How long will the NS.SG portal take to update the results? Because it shows that i attended the IPT session but at the sometime reflects that i have no completed IPT.

Just need ppt 3 for all stations. May take 2-3 working days to a week for the status to be updated.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just started my 20 RT window, and I'm wondering if I will kena charge for not attending, as I skipped 2 session liao without cancelling. I search the NS.SG/MINDEF website they nv state will tio charge or not leh for not attending a booked RT session. How ah? I still have 18 more sessions to go (already booked), and I still have 2 more months to clear my RT.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just started my 20 RT window, and I'm wondering if I will kena charge for not attending, as I skipped 2 session liao without cancelling. I search the NS.SG/MINDEF website they nv state will tio charge or not leh for not attending a booked RT session. How ah? I still have 18 more sessions to go (already booked), and I still have 2 more months to clear my RT.

If u miss a session, u need to book another session. As long as u complete the 20 sessions, u will be ok.

n0bita_n0bi

Reaction score
i called maju fcc. was told that all nsmen with window closing before 31 aug will auto-get extension by 1 mth. different info from what i heard from ns hotline. the status on my portal is still not updated, will monitor..

any1 has their window extended alr? mine closing 1st july and ns.sg still not updated yet...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.