[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
haha, I just tried that. set the timer to safe mode in 3 mins and it worked as expected.
shut down the UPS properly too.

hmm...

I saw you stating that above but not sure if it passed the shut down properly.

i can recommend my friend to get the prolink 1 instead if it will work perfectly. :)

DellSuperman

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got myself a DS213 recently but I am facing a problem.
After setting up all the folders & transferring of the files, I went to my TV to check if it is able to read those files.
I will have to wait for very long before the NAS will appear on the input listing.
Is there anything that I can do to improve that?

My initial thoughts was that I switch off the TV totally (from the main plug) & that it will have to reload everything. But I tried not switching it off & the problem still persist.

Oh btw the DS213 is having a discount at MW.

Thanks alot.

-JonK

Last edited:

knuckle

Reaction score
Just bought a Prolink PRO850VU UPS from Fuwell for $79.
Connected it to my DS412+ and tested it (by switching off the power it was connected to).
Seems to be a more affordable alternative to APC (APC 650VA ~$140).
This one has only 2 ports though, but it's enough for me cos only the NAS is connected.

4cd.png

What store did you get it from?
I just need it for my NAS as well.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Just bought a Prolink PRO850VU UPS from Fuwell for $79.

Bro, is Fuwell still selling the above UPS at $79? Saw on their pricelist stated as $85.
Does DSM 4.2 recognize the UPS as Prolink or as generic model as reflected in your attached picture?

Pardon my noob questions since I'm still new to my DS213j :o

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Bro, is Fuwell still selling the above UPS at $79? Saw on their pricelist stated as $85.
Does DSM 4.2 recognize the UPS as Prolink or as generic model as reflected in your attached picture?

Pardon my noob questions since I'm still new to my DS213j :o

1. buy from other shops if you want $79 if fuwell unable to match
2. the pic already tells you everything

Last edited:

DellSuperman

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got myself a DS213 recently but I am facing a problem.
After setting up all the folders & transferring of the files, I went to my TV to check if it is able to read those files.
I will have to wait for very long before the NAS will appear on the input listing.
Is there anything that I can do to improve that?

My initial thoughts was that I switch off the TV totally (from the main plug) & that it will have to reload everything. But I tried not switching it off & the problem still persist.

Oh btw the DS213 is having a discount at MW.

Thanks alot.

-JonK

Anyone...???

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone...???

simi TV? wifi sync or what ? distance between tv, router and nas? how are they being connected?

probably your TV is the bottleneck.
or probably the tv wifi is the bottleneck
or even the cache in the tv is insufficient to store such things.

there are too many issues to render proper support here. Go look for your TV manufacturer ba

DellSuperman

Reaction score
simi TV? wifi sync or what ? distance between tv, router and nas? how are they being connected?

probably your TV is the bottleneck.
or probably the tv wifi is the bottleneck
or even the cache in the tv is insufficient to store such things.

there are too many issues to render proper support here. Go look for your TV manufacturer ba

TV brand - LG
Connection type - WIFI
Distance - less than 5m

NAS & TV are connected via a wireless router.

When I stream videos to my TV via my desktop computer, the TV is able to detect my computer almost immediately after it gets connected to the network.
Hence I do not think that the TV or the TV's wifi-dongle that is causing the problem.

And the TV is able to detect PLEX media, from the NAS, upon connection but it is not able to detect the Shared Folder for the other medias.

Thanks for your reply

Last edited:

midustouch

Reaction score
When I stream videos to my TV via my desktop computer, the TV is able to detect my computer almost immediately after it gets connected to the network.
Hence I do not think that the TV or the TV's wifi-dongle that is causing the problem.

And the TV is able to detect PLEX media, from the NAS, upon connection but it is not able to detect the Shared Folder for the other medias.

Thanks for your reply

Check your permissions on the NAS. From troubleshoot, reset the permissions to "everyone" for all folders, then test as you tighten.

Not sure if PLEX is going to eat all resources of the NAS CPU since the 213 is an entry level model.

Perhaps disabling PLEX and enabling DLNA might be an alternative.

Which model of LG is the TV?

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Check your permissions on the NAS. From troubleshoot, reset the permissions to "everyone" for all folders, then test as you tighten.

Not sure if PLEX is going to eat all resources of the NAS CPU since the 213 is an entry level model.

Perhaps disabling PLEX and enabling DLNA might be an alternative.

Which model of LG is the TV?

i think from his perspective, LG only came out with 1 TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.