Official Xperia Z Thread

Questor

Reaction score
I am using ZL and on 4.2.2 now.. one thing I can't figure out is, how to minimise the lockscreen mechanism and maximise the lockscreen widget? :/

fuzzy_one

Reaction score
i have similar problem too...sometime it take ages or failed to load goole play or website, especially when u 'wake up' the phone or switch from wifi to mobile data...mine even have problem register the preloaded mcafee..thgt of going to servcie center to check it out :(

yes tried that already. apps like whatsapp, browser, 9gag etc are fine. but i get an error when trying to load play store, gmail, facebook or zite - it's as if there's no connection at all.

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like Xperia Z got a lot of problems, maybe i shld stick to S4 or N2 for my next phone....

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree. Some issues maybe caused by android as it has not stabilized yet so nothing to do with Sony. With Sony's expertise in software, it is much better compared to other brands.

wolvie77

Reaction score
Agree. Some issues maybe caused by android as it has not stabilized yet so nothing to do with Sony. With Sony's expertise in software, it is much better compared to other brands.

agreed. I was a Sony ericsson user for many years. I tried S3 last year & within half a year give me lotsa issues till i sell away & go back to Sony. S4 available internal memory is less than what the Z has & recently it had a sms phishing bug with their Samsung cloud backup.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using ZL and on 4.2.2 now.. one thing I can't figure out is, how to minimise the lockscreen mechanism and maximise the lockscreen widget? :/

to activate lockscreen widget..u need to swipe left or right..then u will see lock screen widget....if you want unlock screen...swipe up to minimize widget then you can swipe down or up to get ur phone unlock..

epos

Master Member
Reaction score
question for Starhub user, did SH charge for MicroSIM card? we are using MiniSIM currently.

The Tampines Mall Starhub shop insist we have to pay if we want a MicroSIM to use on XZ. as a SH user for >10 years, I had never heard of this BS. every time I re-contract, a new SIM will be offered, either because of new SIM format or new cellular network. these employees at Tampines Mall always have some BS, previously asking to look at a black HTC One, they told me to look at the white model and visualize as black.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
question for Starhub user, did SH charge for MicroSIM card? we are using MiniSIM currently.

The Tampines Mall Starhub shop insist we have to pay if we want a MicroSIM to use on XZ. as a SH user for >10 years, I had never heard of this BS. every time I re-contract, a new SIM will be offered, either because of new SIM format or new cellular network. these employees at Tampines Mall always have some BS, previously asking to look at a black HTC One, they told me to look at the white model and visualize as black.

why not use an adapter?

epos

Master Member
Reaction score
why not use an adapter?

MiniSIM can only be cut to fit in MicroSIM slot.

but that's beside the point, I had never in my mobile life to be ask to pay for the SIM, except when I lost the phone. ~$30 is no much, but its their attitude that pissed me. I just bought HTC One form Starhub online last week and the MicroSIM was handed to me without any cost.

One thing for sure, this can be solved without fuss, but that wasn't in the minds of StarHub Tampines Mall.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MiniSIM can only be cut to fit in MicroSIM slot.

but that's beside the point, I had never in my mobile life to be ask to pay for the SIM, except when I lost the phone. ~$30 is no much, but its their attitude that pissed me. I just bought HTC One form Starhub online last week and the MicroSIM was handed to me without any cost.

One thing for sure, this can be solved without fuss, but that wasn't in the minds of StarHub Tampines Mall.

even M1 is now charging the same thing..maybe can ask for their manager and then ask for waiver :p if not..tell them you going to sign other telco where normally sign new line will give free sim card.. :D

epos

Master Member
Reaction score
even M1 is now charging the same thing..maybe can ask for their manager and then ask for waiver :p if not..tell them you going to sign other telco where normally sign new line will give free sim card.. :D

If Starhub do introduce a new SIM policy then I'm fine but they told me it was always chargeable!

roxas93

Reaction score
307 update still haven reach sg yet cause my pc companion still say 253 latest?

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
307 update still haven reach sg yet cause my pc companion still say 253 latest?

The latest update available to other countries is the 423 firmware, which is Android 4.2.2. Doubt 307 was ever meant for Singapore release.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.