Review of Cadence Cable by Fonebone

alphaex

Reaction score
Hey guys! This is my first review of a cable by Fonebone.
Please dont hammer me ah! :) Take it with a pinch of salt.

Setup:
iPod Video using Headphone Out > Cadence Cable > UM6x (Reshelled UM3x with 3 more drivers)

Cable:
Teflon Insulated Stranded Silver

Build Quality:
The overall exterior is really good. The cable is covered with a shoelace-fabric material to which I always nickname the cable as a shoelace cable. The cable comes in 2 flavors, one with the ear guides, one without. Unlike earguides from the stock Westone cable and the likes, which has a flexible metal rod to keep the shape, this earguide is a soft plastic tubing. It’s actually really comfortable and doesn’t press onto your head unlike other cables. The choker is a small metal block that is covered with a black heat shrink. It locks into place really well because of the fabric, but the one thing that I foresee happening is the fabric tearing IF you adjust the choker a lot. For my set, it is terminated with a small viablue plug, which I think looks good. Fairly low microphonics.

Audio:
Coming from the Sliver Dragon and stock cables, the mids on the cables are quite forward which is actually quite nice. Listening to Ellie Goulding’s Lights accentuates her voice and there is a slight sparkle to it. It doesn’t come off too bright though. Since that song has a nice bass line, the low extend out nicely and has the kick to it. Upon listening to Linkin Park’s Faint, that song has a lot of high notes due to the violin strings, crash cymbals and Chester’s vocals. The highs are reasonably tame. The clarity on it is amazing. I honestly thought it would be overly bright but it turned out that it isn’t. The overall sound of the cable is actually nice and listening to Pendulum’s Witchcraft, it gave me the chills because that song has a powerful kick and the synths are not drowned out by them. For dubstep songs like Cinema (Skrillex Remix) by Benny Benassi, the lows rumble like no tomorrow, it may get overpowering at times but honestly, I’m not complaining since dubstep songs are supposed to give that impact.

To me, they are a step up from the stock cables. I didn’t do an A/B on the cables so this is to the best of my memory. I’m actually listening to these songs as I type them out. From my memory, the Sliver Dragons are quite bright. So this cable took it down for me a little. I couldn’t listen to the Sliver Dragons for an extended period of time.

Pictures:
hB7QBVD.jpg

JEPCGoK.jpg

sOgZip2.jpg

bcvbFDr.jpg

O2hSCfN.jpg

Again, this is my opinion! You may wanna ask Fonebone directly for more details!

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks good.

how much is it?

And teflon insulated silver... you mean teflon sleeving right?

Cause I can't imagine silver coated with teflon, unless that is what you actually mean

alphaex

Reaction score
$125 from Fonebone.

Cable wise, that's what he told me. Im not too sure on the technical aspects of the cables themselves. Haha.

audiolurbb

Reaction score
Lols, wait till you guys see the LODs he does. *mindblown* will post some pictures for you guys to see soon.

Donten

Reaction score
the y splitter looks well made. the sleeving reminds me of old sony anti tangle cables.

alphaex

Reaction score
Can take a look at jaben or even marketplace here. He should be there. I bought things from him before so I had his contact.

softbunlet

Reaction score
Looks a lot like the Null Lune... If your nylon sleeving tangles or rubs against itself for a while, will have abrasion and wear and tear. Mine looks really bad even though used for less than a year.

empire177

Reaction score
Got my cable from Bro fonebone like 4-5 hours ago! Gotta admit that the cables seems durable!! Big thank you for him helping me to build one with a special jack for my bumper cased iPhone 5! Friendly service, able to help with my enquiries as much as possible! SUPPORT 10/10

alphaex

Reaction score
Got my cable from Bro fonebone like 4-5 hours ago! Gotta admit that the cables seems durable!! Big thank you for him helping me to build one with a special jack for my bumper cased iPhone 5! Friendly service, able to help with my enquiries as much as possible! SUPPORT 10/10

enjoy bro! Hahaha. He will tailor to your needs.

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nice

got pics?

Basically what did you do? Just reterminate only right??

How does your ciem sound now??

empire177

Reaction score
nice

got pics?

Basically what did you do? Just reterminate only right??

How does your ciem sound now??
Huh? No arh... I bought the cadence cable from Bro fonebone! My tf10x4 mids are more forward, however the bass not as punchy as before I guess? However it's still good! Soundstage seems slightly smaller but maybe It's just because of the shifting of the mids:) Overall good change while still keeping that "exciting" sound

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.