The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. You gotta try. Uevo very very dry, sometimes hair might drop. Uevo won't have the voluminous effect as the quicksand I guess.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to do those swee swee slickback? I used pomade still can't get the results

long and thick hair? haha gotta use a comb. fine bristle.

quick question to all.
should i continue to thin my hair or just cut alittle shorter while leaving the "thickness"?

having coarse hair sucks

anyone uses paul mitchell products?
feel like trying these. going swanston tmr to take a look.

http://www.paulmitchell.com/en-us/P...isture/Pages/InstantMoistureDailyShampoo.aspx

http://www.paulmitchell.com/en-us/P...nt/Pages/LavenderMintMoisturizingShampoo.aspx

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. You gotta try. Uevo very very dry, sometimes hair might drop. Uevo won't have the voluminous effect as the quicksand I guess.

Do correct me if i'm wrong but definition of volume here means make the hair look thicker?

Reaction score

quick question to all.
should i continue to thin my hair or just cut alittle shorter while leaving the "thickness"?

having coarse hair sucks

I used a comb but always end up spiking never flat down pekcek.:(

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you help me to check if the shampoo contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate?

Thanks.
You allergic to that substance? Went swanston today, their Paul Mitchell stuff like suddenly very limited, they say no stock. I bought awapuhi shampoo. 300ml for 16.90. I think next time order from strawberrynet if use already good. They got 300, 500 and 1000 ml online.

You can check out the website. They got listen the ingredients used in each product.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

quick question to all.

having coarse hair sucks

Instant Moisture® Daily Shampoo

Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo

Personally, i feel that if you do not have thinning hair problem, you should try to thin your hair whenever u go for haircut. Too thick doesnt really give you a clean and neat look. Looks haggard instead. With that said, i will also try to cut shorter a bit but this is totally up to one's preference. Just avoid long and thick shd be fine.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, i feel that if you do not have thinning hair problem, you should try to thin your hair whenever u go for haircut. Too thick doesnt really give you a clean and neat look. Looks haggard instead. With that said, i will also try to cut shorter a bit but this is totally up to one's preference. Just avoid long and thick shd be fine.
Not sure if I got thin hair but I definitely have coarse hair. Haha. After blow drying, sure will fray out, damn messy. My hair is like screaming Asian! Probably will cut a little shorter at the sides and back. I might wanna leave a little length on the top and front. Probably not layering my hair this time and see how it grows out and see the texture. Still gotta consult purple. See she zai anot. Haha

Used to thin/layer my hair too much in the past.

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You allergic to that substance? Went swanston today, their Paul Mitchell stuff like suddenly very limited, they say no stock. I bought awapuhi shampoo. 300ml for 16.90. I think next time order from strawberrynet if use already good. They got 300, 500 and 1000 ml online.

You can check out the website. They got listen the ingredients used in each product.

Nope, because Sodium Laureth Sulfate can cause the following

• Irritation of the skin and eyes
  • Organ toxicity
  • Developmental/reproductive toxicity
  • Neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, ecotoxicology, and biochemical or cellular changes
  • Possible mutations and cancer

dj_flame

Reaction score
My hair has been alot better in terms of texture and "softness" since I switched to Avalon Organics about a year ago. The Bioton Thickening shampoo is what i use, I don't know if it is the primary factor in my hair "improvement", but it does work.

SLS-free (although there is some green washing), and ordering from Iherb.com is cheaper than paying Watson prices.

Avalon-Organics-Thickening-shampoo-conditioner.jpg

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol bro, all soap got sds leh. You can just look at any washing product sure got de lo... even some facial wash put down there non soap formulation also got sds inside lo... :/

It's not that bad la... more of sensitive skin problem

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
My hair has been alot better in terms of texture and "softness" since I switched to Avalon Organics about a year ago. The Bioton Thickening shampoo is what i use, I don't know if it is the primary factor in my hair "improvement", but it does work.

SLS-free (although there is some green washing), and ordering from Iherb.com is cheaper than paying Watson prices.

Avalon-Organics-Thickening-shampoo-conditioner.jpg
I'm generally curious... the packaging wrote no sulphates instead of no sls/sds... does it seriously contain no other kinds of lauryl sulphates? If no is it still bubbly?

dj_flame

Reaction score
From the site (KIV its 70% organic)

Aloe barbadensis leaf juice (¹), aqua (water), decyl glucoside, sodium coco-sulfate, coco-glucoside, sorbitol, xanthan gum, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract (¹)*, calendula officinalis flower extract (¹), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract (¹), citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract (¹)*, persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract (¹)*, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract (¹)*, serenoa serrulata fruit extract (¹)(²), solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit/leaf/stem extract (¹)*, styrax benzoin resin extract, tanacetum vulgare extract, canarium luzonicum gum nonvolatiles, cedrus deodara wood oil, cedrus atlantica bark oil, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, copaifera officinalis (balsam copaiba) resin, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil, eucalyptus citriodora oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) resin oil, geranium maculatum oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil (¹), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil (¹), zingiber officinale (ginger) root oil, babassu oil polyglyceryl-4 esters, bisabolol, citric acid, hydrolyzed wheat protein, inulin(¹), sodium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, alcohol (¹), benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, limonene, linalool.
(¹) Certified organic ingredient
(²)Saw palmetto extract
*Known as biotin carrier. Product is preserved with sodium benzoate
No parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colors or fragrances, phthalates, sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate. 100% vegetarian ingredients.

Yup it definitely bubbles.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
They bluff you sia... sodium coco sulphate is just sodium lauryl sulphate made with cheaper ingredients... sodium lauryl sulphate is the sds I'm talking about... but oops! It isn't the related laureth sulphate that the other guy was actually asking about

my bad! Apologies

Edit. I'm in no way suggesting that this is a bad thing. In fact I might just try this one out after my shampoo runs out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.