Microsoft Surface

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
wait for the refresh ;) They might announce it on BUILD 2013, 3 more days. June 28
Afterall there's no touchscreen on MBA

refresh on the surface pro?

im itchy on sammy note8 vs mba 11" or mba13" on haswell
im fine with out touchscreen as i use it for work

since sammy note8 got a pen it more easy to work
and mba mac got full acess to desktop program like mac office and also mac OS which i like it for work and surfing

gaming i still stick to my old win7 desktop with gtx580 ahah :)
but surface pro or RT tempted me but kinda limited in the feature beside only err is ms office suite if get the RT flavour

plus price is not cheap too even for RT might as well go for sammy note8 or pay more for mba fr the full blown expereince

lekguan

Reaction score
I bought skinomi's skin for my surface but I'm not using the screen protector, so I have full set including applicator for the surface pro Skinomi wet application screen protector to sell. I have 2 sets (20 each). If anyone interested pls pm me.

BTW if looking for a compact mini DP to VGA adapter, try going to funan to look at some of the Lenovo shops, they have it. Its quite expensive, nearly 50 bucks, but its smaller than the Apple adapter (and way smaller than M$'s). If you are thinking of the apple adapter, forget it, it doesn't work well. It cannot connect to TVs and projectors, only monitors, and the gamma is totally off.

Yi_xian

Reaction score
Should I buy it?

Hi, Im a thinking of buying the surface pro for school, however I am a programming student in poly..

Question is Should I get it?:s11::s11:

like will the programming softwares work on the surface pro?:s11:
I want something light and efficient. Decide to leave gaming on a desktop too..

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, Im a thinking of buying the surface pro for school, however I am a programming student in poly..

Question is Should I get it?:s11::s11:

like will the programming softwares work on the surface pro?:s11:
I want something light and efficient. Decide to leave gaming on a desktop too..

Yep, I did my development outside on Surface pro.
It does run things like Visual Studio 2012/2013, Netbeans, Expression Blend, photoshop, etc. Exactly what you would expect from a notebook.

Ap3s

Reaction score
Where do U guys get screen protector and cover for surface pro? What brand? Thanks!

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Surface RT 32GB at $350? Worth hooting?

I have Windows 8.1 installed on my Surface RT... :D performance have improved significantly, like the Intel Atom on Windows 8 running things without any lag. :D I've not reset my device ever since I bought it on December last year.

The little minor improvements combined makes it one of the best tablet experience I had over iOS and Android tablets so far...

I'd say, yes its worth the money. You'll never find a tablet running on Tegra 3 that's so smooth and optimized, unlike the Nexus 7.

6iel.jpg

Havn't been using my iPad Mini a lot ever since the 8.1 update... its mostly for my hotspot needs

Last edited:

Ap3s

Reaction score
Not really necessary for me with touch cover... feels like its only ruining the display.

i dont really like the glossy screen as the reflections can be quite irritating. the back cover attracts fingerprints and i dont wan it to get scratched too.

seems like it's quite hard to find the screen protectors and covers. not much reviews online.

keitaro123

Reaction score
I have Windows 8.1 installed on my Surface RT... :D performance have improved significantly, like the Intel Atom on Windows 8 running things without any lag. :D I've not reset my device ever since I bought it on December last year.

The little minor improvements combined makes it one of the best tablet experience I had over iOS and Android tablets so far...

I'd say, yes its worth the money. You'll never find a tablet running on Tegra 3 that's so smooth and optimized, unlike the Nexus 7.

6iel.jpg

Havn't been using my iPad Mini a lot ever since the 8.1 update... its mostly for my hotspot needs

How can i install the new 8.1 preview?

Is it fit for daily use?

I love my RT and i used it mainly for drafting my proposals and reports, no other tablet from android and Apple can do that. haha..

but i have a small problem and not sure if other users are facing similar problem.

IE10 is just not responsive enough, i can be clicking on the same link for a few times but the browser just refuse to load. Not sure about this, but the support for html5 sucks too..

other than that, everything else is great.

so, back to the problem, is 8.1 currently safe for daily use? and also where can i install this new preview?

thanks and advance

cheers

scourge

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but i have a small problem and not sure if other users are facing similar problem.

IE10 is just not responsive enough, i can be clicking on the same link for a few times but the browser just refuse to load.

I have this issue too. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that IE will only response to the link clicking after it has finished loading everything on the current page.

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
The surface pro is able to handle Facebook games sufficiently. As a reference, it can handle Diablo 3 and League Of Legend, but don't expect performance if you are going for more higher end settings, and higher-end graphic intensive apps.

The GPU power is an integrated HD 4000. The CPU and GPU specs is pretty much similar to my old laptop which can run games above.

I've the same question too but more on RT. Can we play Facebook games, eg Castleville, on RT?

I'm interested to get a light tablet for some editing of spreadsheet(pivot table) , PowerPoint and some FB games.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
I've the same question too but more on RT. Can we play Facebook games, eg Castleville, on RT?

I'm interested to get a light tablet for some editing of spreadsheet(pivot table) , PowerPoint and some FB games.
Should have flash support, no? maybe some RT users can try?

nanoprobe

Reaction score
just bought and used the surface rt for 2 weeks. I must say I am impressed. the hardware quality is superb. touch keyboard is a nice innovation, I don't spend any extra on casing or screen protector. kickstand is surprisingly handy and seems quite hardy. USB port and micro SD are useful and practical. smooth operations, some hiccups and bugs though. Ironically MS being a SW company, I am more impressed with its tablet hardware instead of its SW.

for a V1 product it is interesting, hope they keep improving the software. and of course more apps!

owning a iPad and a Nook HD+ as well. Interesting competition ahead.

Last edited:

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
just bought and used the surface rt for 2 weeks. I must say I am impressed. the hardware quality is superb. touch keyboard is a nice innovation, I don't spend any extra on casing or screen protector. kickstand is surprisingly handy and seems quite hardy. USB port and micro SD are useful and practical. smooth operations, some hiccups and bugs though. Ironically MS being a SW company, I am more impressed with its tablet hardware instead of its SW.

for a V1 product it is interesting, hope they keep improving the software. and of course more apps!

owning a iPad and a Nook HD+ as well. Interesting competition ahead.

can your RT play any Facebook games?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.