The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarutobix

Reaction score
My hair has been alot better in terms of texture and "softness" since I switched to Avalon Organics about a year ago. The Bioton Thickening shampoo is what i use, I don't know if it is the primary factor in my hair "improvement", but it does work.

SLS-free (although there is some green washing), and ordering from Iherb.com is cheaper than paying Watson prices.

Avalon-Organics-Thickening-shampoo-conditioner.jpg

This one watson can get meh?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can the pros advise on how to use clay? I'm unable to achieve the hairstyle Su has style for me. Don't know whether she apply clay then wax or the pro thingy.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can the pros advise on how to use clay? I'm unable to achieve the hairstyle Su has style for me. Don't know whether she apply clay then wax or the pro thingy.

Not exactly a pro but in my opinion, clay is usually dry in texture. Use the hard part of your fingernails and dig it out in an upward direction. The amount to use is approximately 1/2-3/4 of your fingernails. Reason in doing so is because you wouldn't want it to get stuck in your nails and this method is easier in digging the dry clay out. Rub them onto your hands till you get a slight burning sensation. You shouldn't see any visible remains on your hands then. Apply as per normal onto your dry hair, in the direction as if you are towel-drying your hair after shower.

As for why you couldn't replicate the same hairstyle that your hairstylist did for you, i wouldn't be surprised. Coz they are hairstylists. Seldom are we able to replicate the same hairstyle that they did for you. My advice is to practise as much as you can and try not to be dogmatic about attaining back the same hairstyle that they did for you. There are so many diff hairstyles out there so just have fun styling it. :)

Last edited:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
actually most of the time cant get effect i think it is coz some ppl hair thin n straight. as in very fine. n soft.. thats what most hair salon ppl will tell u.. they always intro hair sprays after the put the wax/gum etc etc etc.. u ownself make best is when ur hair is wet.. use a hair dryer to dry it but 'style' a bit.. that will help a lot.

the-walrus

Reaction score
I am currently using Renati Rock Hard and I feel that the hold is not strong enough to hold my side parting and that it feels rather greasy after awhile. I do however like that it is easy to wash and within my budget of around $20.

Given these considerations, can someone advise on which of the following products is "better":

1. 90 Degrees X-Strong Wax
2. HDF Quicksand
3. HDF Sponge Wax
4. Uevo Grey

Thanks in advance!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am currently using Renati Rock Hard and I feel that the hold is not strong enough to hold my side parting and that it feels rather greasy after awhile. I do however like that it is easy to wash and within my budget of around $20.

Given these considerations, can someone advise on which of the following products is "better":

1. 90 Degrees X-Strong Wax
2. HDF Quicksand
3. HDF Sponge Wax
4. Uevo Grey

Thanks in advance!

90 Degrees is pretty much similar to Renati. Dry wax and its also made of natural ingredients so its definitely less damaging to your hair too. 90 Degrees will not let you feel greasy too and the hold itself is reasonably strong. Something that i like about 90 Degrees in particular is that its very easy to apply/wash off and it doesn't really make your hair too sticky at all. Hence, restyling is definitely possible with it. Pair it off with a bottle of hair spray will pretty much do the job that you want it to be.

However, if you are just holding for good strength control specifically, i think HDF Sponge Wax and Uevo Grey might be better options instead. Whereas for a product that is balanced throughout in terms of easiness to use, strength control, price and natural ingredients used, i feel 90 degrees better suit this classification. Hope it helps!

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not exactly a pro but in my opinion, clay is usually dry in texture. Use the hard part of your fingernails and dig it out in an upward direction. The amount to use is approximately 1/2-3/4 of your fingernails. Reason in doing so is because you wouldn't want it to get stuck in your nails and this method is easier in digging the dry clay out. Rub them onto your hands till you get a slight burning sensation. You shouldn't see any visible remains on your hands then. Apply as per normal onto your dry hair, in the direction as if you are towel-drying your hair after shower.

As for why you couldn't replicate the same hairstyle that your hairstylist did for you, i wouldn't be surprised. Coz they are hairstylists. Seldom are we able to replicate the same hairstyle that they did for you. My advice is to practise as much as you can and try not to be dogmatic about attaining back the same hairstyle that they did for you. There are so many diff hairstyles out there so just have fun styling it. :)

I called Su and she said she applied clay and then wax. She also told me to leave hair semi wet while applying clay then use hairdryer blow dry. She say mullet hairstyle if use hand very hard to achieve the pattern she actually did for me.

She also said the same thing. Ask me practice more with hairdryer. Easier in a sense also.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, can intro me this sea salt hair spray mahs??

kum xia kum xia!! :o:o

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, can intro me this sea salt hair spray mahs??

kum xia kum xia!! :o:o

Seasalt spray is used to create hair volume and is tailored towards combating the main problem of "FLAT" hair. This is often seen in asian hair texture whereby our hair tends to be flat when dry. With seasalt spray, it can helps to create instant hair volume for you whereby one will definitely look better and natural after application. All you got to do is to spray a few pumps onto your damp/towel-dried hair and blow-dry it. And you will be WOW.

Seasalt spray can also be complemented with the use of hair wax/clay too. Consequently, subsequent application of these styling products will also be lesser too. Hope it helps. :)

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got it.. it is not bad seriously ~

thank kiew bro :o:o

Seasalt spray is used to create hair volume and is tailored towards combating the main problem of "FLAT" hair. This is often seen in asian hair texture whereby our hair tends to be flat when dry. With seasalt spray, it can helps to create instant hair volume for you whereby one will definitely look better and natural after application. All you got to do is to spray a few pumps onto your damp/towel-dried hair and blow-dry it. And you will be WOW.

Seasalt spray can also be complemented with the use of hair wax/clay too. Consequently, subsequent application of these styling products will also be lesser too. Hope it helps. :)

thank kiew for the kind intro bro. appreciate it!
do you happen to have the sea salt spray on hand? i would most love to purchase one and give it a try.
do drop me a PM if you have em sea salt spray. thanks you much! :s12::s12:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank kiew for the kind intro bro. appreciate it!
do you happen to have the sea salt spray on hand? i would most love to purchase one and give it a try.
do drop me a PM if you have em sea salt spray. thanks you much! :s12::s12:

I had pm-ed you already bro. Next shipment for seasalt spray will be likely to arrive by end of next week. Reservations for seasalt spray will be accepted so do pm me if you want to reserve one. :)

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had pm-ed you already bro. Next shipment for seasalt spray will be likely to arrive by end of next week. Reservations for seasalt spray will be accepted so do pm me if you want to reserve one. :)

xiexie.gif

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sea salt spray craze over here! Haha. Mine already 3/4 gone. Gonna try the kms sea salt spray and compare after I have finish the OS sea salt spray

soteyh

Reaction score
Hi hair gurus, can anyone recommend a texturising product? I am currently using Redken Outplay texture putty, and am wanting to try something similar ...

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think my hair too long and thick alr. My side comb very flat or I should use lesser scheme cream or product. Haha. Btw still waiting for hair portal to restock so I can buy the quicksand sample to test. See if it's better than spongewax? Probably will try pomade to replace scheme cream but i don't think pomade will give volume. Probably just flat.

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think my hair too long and thick alr. My side comb very flat or I should use lesser scheme cream or product. Haha. Btw still waiting for hair portal to restock so I can buy the quicksand sample to test. See if it's better than spongewax? Probably will try pomade to replace scheme cream but i don't think pomade will give volume. Probably just flat.

got new pomade products hitting our shores.

shinergold_thepanicroom_2.jpg

JS_sloane_thepanicroom_2.jpg

bonafide_thepanicroom_2.jpg

The Panic Room

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heistcommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.