The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare_Angel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sea salt spray craze over here! Haha. Mine already 3/4 gone. Gonna try the kms sea salt spray and compare after I have finish the OS sea salt spray

Hi,
Where can I buy the kms sea salt spray? I've used up abt 1/2 of my OS sea salt spray and wants to try alternative comparable. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried sebastian craft clay? Any reviews? :D

Sebastian is a premium brand from US and the product craft clay is reasonably good. It doesn't really freeze and harden your hair too much. Its more of soft hold which makes your hair look more natural after application. With that said, it isn't really suited for people with thinning and fine hair as the results might not be satisfactory. I got to admit that it might be formulated to better match the hair texture of Caucasians rather than Asian as well. Because our hair is too straight, the hold itself might not be fantastically good but instead, its just reasonably decent enough to hold it. IMO, i do not use this when i need to achieve strong control over my hair for the day. Instead, i use this when i wanna to portray a light and casual look for the day. As i said, this is like soft clay which doesn't really harden your hair at all.

Prior to application, you got to rub onto palms till you get a slight burning sensation before you can apply onto your hair. Twist and punch your hair ends too. As a whole, the texture and matte finish that Sebastian craft clay gives is considerably good. But definitely, there will be better products out there.

I prefer using Nigelle Bold Make Clay over this as its not the typical dry and hard clay. Its soft and wet but amazingly, the texture it gives is a nice matte finish and the holding strength is fantastically good. Very expensive product but so far, the best styling product that i ever used.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
I think my hair too long and thick alr. My side comb very flat or I should use lesser scheme cream or product. Haha. Btw still waiting for hair portal to restock so I can buy the quicksand sample to test. See if it's better than spongewax? Probably will try pomade to replace scheme cream but i don't think pomade will give volume. Probably just flat.

If you are looking for quicksand or spongewax. Recommend you to visit Hanz de Fuko | Mensbazaar.sg to get yours. ;)

Spongewax currently left 1 though and Quicksand left 3 based on the site.

*REVIEWS*

Tried Modify Pomade personally. It doesnt give strong hold so basically it will go flat after 4hrs. (Apply 50cent coin amount on towel dry hair & blow dry and apply it again. Comb back kind of style). However, I think it soften your hair as you use it. NO JOKE! tried for one week and of course it gives medium shine with no greasy look/feel at ALL!

Tried Quicksand. Personally, this product can really save you alot of $ by skipping the sea salt spray product use as it gives the same effect on top of the matte, light texture it gives. Preference, i prefer quicksand more then Sponge wax =)

*All reviews is based on personal use/experience. Individual user differs*

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sebastian is a premium brand from US and the product craft clay is reasonably good. It doesn't really freeze and harden your hair too much. Its more of soft hold which makes your hair look more natural after application. With that said, it isn't really suited for people with thinning and fine hair as the results might not be satisfactory. I got to admit that it might be formulated to better match the hair texture of Caucasians rather than Asian as well. Because our hair is too straight, the hold itself might not be fantastically good but instead, its just reasonably decent enough to hold it. IMO, i do not use this when i need to achieve strong control over my hair for the day. Instead, i use this when i wanna to portray a light and casual look for the day. As i said, this is like soft clay which doesn't really harden your hair at all.

Prior to application, you got to rub onto palms till you get a slight burning sensation before you can apply onto your hair. Twist and punch your hair ends too. As a whole, the texture and matte finish that Sebastian craft clay gives is considerably good. But definitely, there will be better products out there.

I prefer using Nigelle Bold Make Clay over this as its not the typical dry and hard clay. Its soft and wet but amazingly, the texture it gives is a nice matte finish and the holding strength is fantastically good. Very expensive product but so far, the best styling product that i ever used.

dude here is a hair expird!!!

tumblr_inline_mkfqmcuZm81qz4rgp.gif

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, i feel that if you do not have thinning hair problem, you should try to thin your hair whenever u go for haircut. Too thick doesnt really give you a clean and neat look. Looks haggard instead. With that said, i will also try to cut shorter a bit but this is totally up to one's preference. Just avoid long and thick shd be fine.

expert bro, i just had my haircut at chinatown during lunchtime. My face is big so the hairstylist said i must cut my sides short almost botak to look better, then the top part can leave longer. He also thin it down for me while keeping the length. Like that look sharp? Im wondering with my natural curly ends, how long can i keep my hair length? Like the italian footballer sharawady eh sai boh?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just order imperial classic and matte pomade and hdf quicksand samples from hairy portal. Not sure how big is the sample bottle. Will be reviewing all 3 products and see if the sample is worth the price.

Got high hopes for imperial pomade and quicksand. If quicksand can totally eliminate sea salt spray. That will be good. Haha. So far still loving my sponge wax. Hope pomade can give me good hold for slick side comb.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for quicksand or spongewax. Recommend you to visit Hanz de Fuko | Mensbazaar.sg to get yours. ;)

Spongewax currently left 1 though and Quicksand left 3 based on the site.

*REVIEWS*

Tried Modify Pomade personally. It doesnt give strong hold so basically it will go flat after 4hrs. (Apply 50cent coin amount on towel dry hair & blow dry and apply it again. Comb back kind of style). However, I think it soften your hair as you use it. NO JOKE! tried for one week and of course it gives medium shine with no greasy look/feel at ALL!

Tried Quicksand. Personally, this product can really save you alot of $ by skipping the sea salt spray product use as it gives the same effect on top of the matte, light texture it gives. Preference, i prefer quicksand more then Sponge wax =)

*All reviews is based on personal use/experience. Individual user differs*
Not sure how strong the quicksand hold is but if it's better than spongewax, I will take it man. Haha

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Not sure how strong the quicksand hold is but if it's better than spongewax, I will take it man. Haha

Haha! Sorry mate i wish to open the Hdf sponge wax and try but no chance.. selling out too fast already. I have friends getting the sponge wax though, imma get from them and try and give personal comparison of both product after it :D

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You all say Quicksand until like so powerful, I damn gian to buy and try out sia.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You all say Quicksand until like so powerful, I damn gian to buy and try out sia.

GQ recommended it and it's a revolutionary product.
That's why i went to order a sample to test it out.

But seasalt spray + quicksand would be too dry.

roburn

Master Member
Reaction score

Quicksand review.

Actually wanted to try this but I decided not too because it's hard to wash off. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quicksand review.

Actually wanted to try this but I decided not too because it's hard to wash off. :)

Basically, i feel Quicksand is a revolutionary product. Just the name alone gives a myriad of thinking space for us to wonder whats exactly in it. However, after watching the video, the first question that came to my mind is why the hell is this product as difficult to get it off as gatsby. Benchmarking it to Gatsby really shows the message since the main motivation of using decent styling products is to make sure that its easy to come off as well as going onto your hair. So yeah, kinda defeat the entire purpose huh.

All along, i never like the idea of applying two kinds of products in the form of paste onto my hair. Because its gonna to be a pain in the ass to get them off my hair. However, i think no product out there is perfect. Needless to say, there can be substitutes for any form of products and hence, it basically roots down to finding the right one for oneself be it quicksand, saltwater spray or not using any at all.

In conclusion, Quicksand is still a big NO NO for me; will still continue to alternate usage between saltwater spray (just sodium chloride as main ingredient to make it very washable) and hair powder till a better product can be released onto the market.

nippp0n

Master Member
Reaction score

Wow that's a very detailed review. Thank you so much! Any particular wax to intro for quiff? I see gaoxing recommend sponge wax. Any other alternative? Cos it's like oos almost everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.