The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro.

So the sea salt spray is spray onto hair and blow dry, apply Uevo grey cube wax then finish with Osis+ Freeze also can? :s11:

I remember Su did spray something on my head before applying the clay though.

1) Hair Powder
- Schwarzkopf Dust It 10g from Germany - $23.90 (ThePrettyJerk)
- Powder On Dust It 100ml from UK- $22.90 (ThePrettyJerk)
- Q8 Hair Powder from Japan - Coming up soon (ThePrettyJerk)

2) Mousse
- Think redken has one product for volumizing mousse) - $30++ (not too sure)

3) Paste Texture
- HDF Quicksand 56g from US - $27 (HairyPortal)
Note: Not sure if it really creates volume; nv try it out personally

4) Saltwater Spray
- KMS Sea Salt Spray 200ml from US - $22.60 (BeautyBay)
- OS Fashion Sea Spray 200ml from UK - $18.90 (ThePrettyJerk)
- Others can be found at BeautyBay

Not exactly detailed but kinda serves a quick summary, i hope. :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually after reading much of the reviews and Youtube videos comparison, i believe i'll stick to Uevo grey cube instead.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually after reading much of the reviews and Youtube videos comparison, i believe i'll stick to Uevo grey cube instead.

haha. kobayashi always use the uevo grey cube. The hold is damn good but super dry. i feel like trying that after my sponge wax finish. buy the smaller cube one. haha see where sell cheap.

Now pending to test quicksand, 2 pomade. see which one suit me better.

so far, sponge wax good hold, scheme cream more for slick.
I never use my redken fiber cream unless i go nearby area

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro.

So the sea salt spray is spray onto hair and blow dry, apply Uevo grey cube wax then finish with Osis+ Freeze also can? :s11:

I think it's redken mousse.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's mousse for? Works the same as sea salt spray?

Yeah but before that she sprayed something on my head. She used like a total of 4 products on my head that day.

wow 4? lol mousse is similar to sea salt spray but not as dry. mousse gives volume as well but your hair will be softer. Hold wise i think sea salt better.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow 4? lol mousse is similar to sea salt spray but not as dry. mousse gives volume as well but your hair will be softer. Hold wise i think sea salt better.

Yeah I would like to say 4.

Mousse, sea salt spray, a little bit of clay, Uevo wax and lastly hair spray. The thing is she style until the hairstyle I really like but when I tried myself, I cannot achieve the hairstyle she did.

I ji tao sian 1/2. :sad:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway,

Anyone of you ever cut at Jurong Point's Chapter 2 or FEP's Supercut? Seems Supercut also alot of youngsters inside leh.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway,

Anyone of you ever cut at Jurong Point's Chapter 2 or FEP's Supercut? Seems Supercut also alot of youngsters inside leh.

Use to cut at Bugis Chapter 2 till my stylist went over to Vietnam. His name is Rick. Supercut cheap cause got student price. $20 bucks i guess.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use to cut at Bugis Chapter 2 till my stylist went over to Vietnam. His name is Rick. Supercut cheap cause got student price. $20 bucks i guess.

If not student leh? Their hairstylist got standard or not? :s11:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Kobayashi wanna sell me a spray I'm assuming like Sea Salt spray But ran out of stock.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Super compilation. Lol good job bro. I thought of trying mousse from redken, silver bottle one, I think the bottle says 03. But sea salt spray more natural right?

Hope it can be of use to the community over here! :)

Yes, basically its just sea salt (sodium chloride) as main ingredient to form seasalt spray. Needless to say, there will be other stuffs in it too but i can even wash it off my hair with just water, no shampoo and i cant even feel any form of leftovers. Just this point alone makes me very satisfied w saltwater spray.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm using redken 04 mousse. not bad, gives quite a bit more volume. but from the reviews of sea salt here, seems like it cannot fight with sea salt spray. looks wise still natural enough.

Yes bro. Seasalt spray might make your hair slightly dry but its definitely not in a negative context. In SG's humid climate, it actually helps as it helps to absorb the excess oils in our hair. Yet at the same time, it serves the purpose of creating volume for you. The only downside tt i can think of will be you have to blow dry after using it.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DID I SEE Q8!!!? awww yissss

EDIT: salt spray hairyportal got one by fudge..$21.. never use before tho...

Yes i will be bringing in q8 matt powder from Japan. Apparently, its kinda popular in Japan and the response is pretty good. Making use of seasalt in it, it serves the same fundamental purpose. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro.

Yes bro. Just pull up your hair and spray directly into your hair. Use a few pumps onto the different parts of your hair (i.e. fringe, back of the head). Depending on one's hair texture, i use about 4-5 pumps. Then tousle it while blowdrying. U will then be WOW. Apply your wax or clay charm as usual then finish off w hair spray if u are using one. Thats about it.

Some might just use saltwater spray alone and its possible if u r just heading out to somewhere nearby. And u wont have to go out with FLAT hair too.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes i will be bringing in q8 matt powder from Japan. Apparently, its kinda popular in Japan and the response is pretty good. Making use of seasalt in it, it serves the same fundamental purpose. :)

there is seasalt in the q8 matt powder?? :s22:

btw.... i know you keep saying not to mix powder with saltspray... but have u done it just for giggles? :s12:

MookieTea

Reaction score
Yes bro. Just pull up your hair and spray directly into your hair. Use a few pumps onto the different parts of your hair (i.e. fringe, back of the head). Depending on one's hair texture, i use about 4-5 pumps. Then tousle it while blowdrying. U will then be WOW. Apply your wax or clay charm as usual then finish off w hair spray if u are using one. Thats about it.

Some might just use saltwater spray alone and its possible if u r just heading out to somewhere nearby. And u wont have to go out with FLAT hair too.

Check your PM bro! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.