NOKIA LUMIA 1020

maxieb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wondering if i should sell of my red 920 for this.. anybody has any idea whats the reselling price of the 920 in the market now? :D

New sets costs around $500+ now....resale Nokia Lumia 920 is not worth it

everlasting86

Reaction score
There might be news of L1020 in Singapore sooner than u think.
I am working hard for info ... watch my post for it.
:)

end of August? :)

edit: on second thought, 8 August sounds good. Windows phone 8 + huat ah!

Last edited:

Ibodnano

Reaction score
Ibodnano talking something sensible? forget about it...
I think its best that you go back to Symbian, Android... isn't it the best OS? GTFO

without 41mp oversampling, this phone is nothing, i am a 808 user. I love oversampling pureview pro, not windows phone

you should be over excited about 1020 or proud of nokia, it is a niche phone on niche os

Last edited:

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
without 41mp oversampling, this phone is nothing, i am a 808 user. I love oversampling pureview pro, not windows phone

you should be over excited about 1020 or proud of nokia, it is a niche phone on niche os

seriously das sadas, no one cares about you. You act as if I will be pleasing you just because you intend to buy this device.

If you don't like it, just get out. Windows Phone doesn't need a faggot like you.

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
seriously das sadas, no one cares about you. You act as if I will be pleasing you just because you intend to buy this device.

If you don't like it, just get out. Windows Phone doesn't need a faggot like you.

come come ... don't need to do this ...

i teach u all one important term ... B.I.D.

BLOCK. IGNORE. DELETE!

LouisLoh

Reaction score

Lol why so worked up?

It's true to a certain extent anyway, what Ibodnano said (about 41MP being the 'redeeming' factor).

Just the way he phrased it can be hard to swallow for Nokia fans.

Anyway why be so concerned about whether 808 or 1020 is sharper. Either way, BOTH will be eons ahead of non-Nokia cameraphones including the S4 zoom.

My worry with the phone, as with the 808 when it launched, is that people don't appreciate the technology and pass off the 41MP as a gimmick. Nokia really needs to educate users about oversampling, apparent lossless zoom and other pro camera features. Unfortunately, I suspect most consumers won't know the advantages of the PureView camera. I mean if you go on to tech sites and read the comments people post, it can be quite saddening. And these are people who visit tech sites... I'd imagine the confusion to be worse among the lay people.

Last edited:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
god :( I hate the AMOLED on my old Lumia 800/900..
Every time I look at the awesome white background of my Lumia 920, and then look back on 800/900 it just feel horrible..

My 2 year old 800 and 1 year old 900's AMOLED screen is yellowish/brownish.

I'll post up a picture in a moment... 800, 900, 720, 920, HTC Trophy 7
AMOLED is only good for Black and Blue to me. The rest of the colors, still IPS better.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There might be news of L1020 in Singapore sooner than u think.
I am working hard for info ... watch my post for it.
:)
We are waiting for you to bring us the news.

Meanwhile, enjoy this first:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol why so worked up?

It's true to a certain extent anyway, what Ibodnano said (about 41MP being the 'redeeming' factor).

Just the way he phrased it can be hard to swallow for Nokia fans.

Anyway why be so concerned about whether 808 or 1020 is sharper. Either way, BOTH will be eons ahead of non-Nokia cameraphones including the S4 zoom.

My worry with the phone, as with the 808 when it launched, is that people don't appreciate the technology and pass off the 41MP as a gimmick. Nokia really needs to educate users about oversampling, apparent lossless zoom and other pro camera features. Unfortunately, I suspect most consumers won't know the advantages of the PureView camera. I mean if you go on to tech sites and read the comments people post, it can be quite saddening. And these are people who visit tech sites... I'd imagine the confusion to be worse among the lay people.
You are right on that. Most people don't believe what the Pureview can offer.

Only a few people really know how to appreciates the technology and not just say... An iFoam/Shamsong Galaxy A** can do better without even comparing the photos taken.

k0g3pAn

Reaction score

Only a few people really know how to appreciates the technology and not just say... An iFoam/Shamsong Galaxy A** can do better without even comparing the photos taken.

i have to agree with you, people are quick to judge the cons, slow to see the pros, as someone who loves gadgets and appreciates technology, it seems people has totally forgotten about what the "on-the-go" experience is and the meaning of "the best camera is the one you have with you".

Nokia has offered a premium experience of the above 2 with this Pureview tech incorporated into this device.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have to agree with you, people are quick to judge the cons, slow to see the pros, as someone who loves gadgets and appreciates technology, it seems people has totally forgotten about what the "on-the-go" experience is and the meaning of "the best camera is the one you have with you".

Nokia has offered a premium experience of the above 2 with this Pureview tech incorporated into this device.
I was telling my friend, it is not about the image quality. While most camera phones can deliver similar image quality, can they deliver shots which look bright when there is almost no traces of light?

The other friend of mine was commenting on one of my photos.. He was telling me. Wah, not bad. Your phone's White Balance reproduces the lighting condition very accurately. This is what iFoam and Shamsong phones pale in comparison assuming that you leave the settings as automatic.

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
People who don't need the 41MP camera and want a slimmer profile phone.

If 925 cost $700.. 1020 cost $700.. Which device will u invest in? We are talking maybe just a month apart for both device to be launched..

dwenz76

Reaction score
If 925 cost $700.. 1020 cost $700.. Which device will u invest in? We are talking maybe just a month apart for both device to be launched..

I don't mind buy both and decide few months later which one need to let go. Both have their own appealing factors.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

A lot of smartphone users don't need a great camera. Even a so-so one will do. There's also a segment who don't even use the camera function.

Like it or not Having the best camera alone won't swing users to Nokia.

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
Consumer who are professional photographer or photography fans will appreciate the pure view camera and purchase it as a 2nd phone to cater to their camera needs. The 1020 is able to replace ur digital camera as well.

Now, it come down to marketing, words of mouth and also getting key apps to window phone 8. This is solely on microsoft and Nokia hand to execute it.

If 1020 need to sell.. Nokia have to pump impression into general consumer head and hypnotized and say come to elop come to elop..

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If both are of the same price, the choice is clear... Lumia 1020 for sure. :D

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
If both are of the same price, the choice is clear... Lumia 1020 for sure. :D

So isn't 925 Osborn to death by 1020 even before it hit our shore? I Don know elope way of doing business.. I can't do that kind of business.. It's like throwing money into the sea.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So isn't 925 Osborn to death by 1020 even before it hit our shore? I Don know elope way of doing business.. I can't do that kind of business.. It's like throwing money into the sea.
I think that is provided that the Lumia 925 and 1020 is priced at the same price tier.

If there is a difference in price (say $100), I guess the Lumia 925 won't die that ugly when it hit us.

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
I think that is provided that the Lumia 925 and 1020 is priced at the same price tier.

If there is a difference in price (say $100), I guess the Lumia 925 won't die that ugly when it hit us.

Hope they bundle 925 with xbox again. Keke..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.