The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zish82

Reaction score
Just arrived!

HDF quicksand and sponge wax only $27 each.

Imperial Barber Classic pomade and Gel pomade only $32 and $33.

Arimino spice sister freeze wax restocked as well.

AMLJXV8

Reaction score
Hi, am a bit noob regarding hair style and recently cut a quiff. Would like to ask whether do i need to thin my hair on top a bit to style a quiff or no need? cause the person cutting my hair did not seems to thin my hair on top so the top is shorter as compared to the front but around the same hair thickness, quite thick. My hair is those super fine and straight type. And also is a hair spray needed for maintaining quiff? Thanks a lot.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, am a bit noob regarding hair style and recently cut a quiff. Would like to ask whether do i need to thin my hair on top a bit to style a quiff or no need? cause the person cutting my hair did not seems to thin my hair on top so the top is shorter as compared to the front but around the same hair thickness, quite thick. My hair is those super fine and straight type. And also is a hair spray needed for maintaining quiff? Thanks a lot.

Actually thinning of the hair only makes your hair look less thicker. Thicker hair looks more haggard and when you style hair which is thick, its harder and it will tend to look like a bush if you didnt go for a right hairstyle. So if i am not wrong, i would say thinning of the hair doesnt really matter the ability to style a quiff but instead, it affects the whole outlook in totality. I am guessing if your hairstylist is decent enough, it should be fairly okay.

And yes to your second question. I would say hair spray is essential. Without hair spray, there is no way your quiff can hold through the entire day. Wells, at least thats for me.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just arrived!

HDF quicksand and sponge wax only $27 each.

Imperial Barber Classic pomade and Gel pomade only $32 and $33.

Arimino spice sister freeze wax restocked as well.

On top of HairyPortal's great news, OS Fashion Sea Spray and nigelle bold make clay also arrived too! Cheers! :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
i think i know the brand. Same as the Moose (sp) i got from them !

This one is it? http://m.sephora.com/surf-spray-P280513 I randomly visiting angmoh forums then they like very happy with this product... alot say better than kms de... but those that only tried kms one say it's very good also la... this one win some award last year also.. like power only... that's why so effing ex?

This one use Epson salts aka bath salt instead of sodium chloride though

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally getting the chance to try out the wu leng wu hor sea salt spray. :o

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
time for you to zng ur advertizing! apparently epsom salt is also a major "drying" ingredient... so much so that products completely substitute normal salt for it.. also... it seems that magnesium ions are good for skin and hair too!

random fun fact... it reduces inflammation and bruising o.0 Quick Cures/Quack Cures: Is Epsom Worth Its Salt? - WSJ.com

Didn't know about all these. Yeah sure. I will find out more and i am sure it helps! Thanks for the sharing, bro! :)

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just hooted seasalt + spray from JHong!
Highly recommended seller, friendly and a real pleasure to deal with. :)
Time to try out the much talked about seasalt soon!

darklighter

Reaction score
On top of HairyPortal's great news, OS Fashion Sea Spray and nigelle bold make clay also arrived too! Cheers! :)

dropped by to give a good review for jhong bro's nigelle clay. it has this unique characteristic of holding your hair without appearing that it's there. gives a natural styled look while being easy to wash off with fantastic hold even with a small amount

may be a bit on the pricey side but every penny is well spent IMO

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just hooted seasalt + spray from JHong!
Highly recommended seller, friendly and a real pleasure to deal with. :)
Time to try out the much talked about seasalt soon!

Bro, thats because you are equally friendly as well! Thanks for your praises and hope the seasalt spray will be to your liking! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dropped by to give a good review for jhong bro's nigelle clay. it has this unique characteristic of holding your hair without appearing that it's there. gives a natural styled look while being easy to wash off with fantastic hold even with a small amount

may be a bit on the pricey side but every penny is well spent IMO

Thanks for your reviews, bro! Indeed the best styling product that i myself personally used too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.