Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryando

Reaction score
just carry cash ba...

alot of japanese do that

So far based on experience best bet is to use Citibank atm card to withdraw cash. Not that the rates is fantastic, but sure can use as long as you use Citibank atm machines. Longtime ago when I first started going Japan you can easily use POSB or DBS atm card in many of Japan's atm machines, especially those in 7-11 or family marts, but that seems to stop a few years back when I tried.

For credit cards, best rate IMO is to use the UOB JCB card, rates are much better, and makes a difference esp when you use for big ticket items.

And of course, cash is king, anywhere you go :)

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
I used my DBS VISA debit card (the black colour one) to withdraw frm the 7-11 ATM in kyoto. No problem though, just need to activate it (overseas withdrawal) from Ibanking.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bring more cash, u don't wanna spoilt your trip because the ATM doesn't work for u. Japan is relatively safe, u don't have to bring out all of your cash if u r worried

cheefarn

Reaction score
Serious or not? I don't even have credit card but I'm wanna buy ticket to Japan. How?

I'm afraid its true bro. This is why debit cards are not popular worldwide.

If you're buying air tickets from JAL or ANA, you can either pop by their local offices or buy via travel agencies that does ticketing. You can then use any mode of payment you desire:)

For JR and bus tickets in Hokkaido, they accept cash at their respective ticketing booth, so its no issue at all.

The only problem is if you want to book a hotel online or rent a car. booking.com and hotel.com both accepts credit cards payment only.

I cannot be sure but if you want cash payment, you may have to book via respective hotels URL and then pay cash at the counter upon arrival.

Maybe you can check with other bros here who may have more detailed information for you.

cheefarn

Reaction score
Just bring more cash, u don't wanna spoilt your trip because the ATM doesn't work for u. Japan is relatively safe, u don't have to bring out all of your cash if u r worried

Fully agreed.. and Hokkaido is even safer than Tokyo la:s13: Imagine I could leave my entire luggage lot in my rental Honda Freed for almost the whole day. And I left documents and travel guides on the front passenger seats. No problems at all

I dare not do such things in SG...

coldmilk

Reaction score
So where can i book this place...

There are many such places in Tokyo. You may want to visit Airbnb, flipkey or VRBO websites. Before deciding, read all the previous reviews.

I can share more info via pm (both pro and con) for the place that I booked if you want but I prefer not to do it here.

Last edited:

veggiies

Reaction score
Hi all,

I only have 3 nights in Tokyo and would like to visit the following places:

- Disneyland / Disneysea
- Tokyo Sky Tree
- Tokyo Tower
- Kiddyland at Harajuku

Possible? Which area should I be staying? Able to give me some recommendation of hotels?

Transportation wise - should I be getting any day pass?

Thanks!

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I only have 3 nights in Tokyo and would like to visit the following places:

- Disneyland / Disneysea
- Tokyo Sky Tree
- Tokyo Tower
- Kiddyland at Harajuku

Possible? Which area should I be staying? Able to give me some recommendation of hotels?

Transportation wise - should I be getting any day pass?

Thanks!

can only choose 2/5.

either disneyland OR sea.

tokyo tower+kiddyland

skytree only.

coz of the area

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can get the 2 day Metro pass with the airport express ticket bundle

JUST nice for you almost

3rd day u getting away already

c1528351

Reaction score
what transport pass should I get

I will be in tokyo for 10 days..what type of transport pass should I get for 4 person just for moving around in tokyo

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be in tokyo for 10 days..what type of transport pass should I get for 4 person just for moving around in tokyo

depending on where u are going, u can group those places that require metro and get a metro pass for those days. for the other days, u can just get single tickets. rides on yamanote line is relatively cheap at 130-190yen, so it is uneccessary to get passes

kanashii23

Reaction score
staying tokyo in mid oct. possible to see Autumn near hakone?

Any festivals/events to visit during mid oct?

coldmilk

Reaction score

If you only need to travel on the metro lines, then buy the 2 days metro pass (to be used on consecutive days). It is great value at 980yen for adult. It must be bought at the airport and only for visitors from aboard. A one-day metro pass when bought in the city cost 710 yen.

One day pass only make sense for days when you plan to take more than 3 train rides per day.

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mid Oct for Autumn Leafs maybe have to try Nikko or further north and higher altitude places liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.