Beautiful Q5 !!!

shunz81

Reaction score
If I were BlackBerry, I would price this device to really SELL. Try to sell as many devices as possible not only to emerging markets, but as many markets as they can.

Ultimately, the Z10 and Q10 as of now will not be the device that people will just buy to give BB10 a shot since it is priced to compete as a flagship device. But if there is a BB10 device that is cheap enough, people who are mildly interested in BB10 can get the Q5 to give it a try. Also for people who are budget conscious, as we know the Curve line are hugely popular in some countries.

More BB10 devices sold, means higher subscriber base on BB10. More users on BB10 ultimately means more target audience for developers. And they might finally be willing to give BB10 a shot. In the end benefits everyone on BB10, even those of us on Z10 or Q10.

So, I'm super excited about the Q5. Can't wait.

I totally agree blackberry should price this low. But reading from sources seems to suggest the q5 is gonna be quite pricy for an entry level phone. I'm keen for q5 mainly cos I don't like the AMOLED of q10. I'm glad q5 is LCD and doesn't use dark theme. Anyway, will q5 even be coming to Singapore?

zuoom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only thing people want a BB is really for the keyboard and data cheap.

But since half to one year back. The data side is sorted. All kind of smartphones are able to hook on to cheap n fast data.

The only thing now will be the qwerty physical keyboard. But the screen keyboard for iOS has gotten very polished. While the android version is catching up and with a good couple of alternatives, it is pretty ok to use screen keys.

Also, BB has an issue with build quality. Many tried, but were let down with board issues, flaky software etc.

tanysderek

Reaction score
No BIS ,why should we buy blackberry ? normal data plan are slow ,drain battery ..since blackberry drop BIS they should provide patch for existing blackberry user to bypass BIS ..

What do you mean normal data plan is slow? I gave up my 9900 because with BIS, it was damn slow surfing anything. The speed it receives email was either on par with iPhone or a few seconds slower. On top of all the slowness, have to pay extra for BIS. I told myself I will never go back to BB unless they dropped BIS. So when BB10 came without BIS, I gave BB another chance and bought the Q10 even though their apps is disappointing. Now everything is faster and way much better than the rubbish BIS and dead slow OS7, plus the rubbish battery pull! Can't wait for BBM to go cross platform.

Boner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you mean normal data plan is slow? I gave up my 9900 because with BIS, it was damn slow surfing anything. The speed it receives email was either on par with iPhone or a few seconds slower. On top of all the slowness, have to pay extra for BIS. I told myself I will never go back to BB unless they dropped BIS. So when BB10 came without BIS, I gave BB another chance and bought the Q10 even though their apps is disappointing. Now everything is faster and way much better than the rubbish BIS and dead slow OS7, plus the rubbish battery pull! Can't wait for BBM to go cross platform.

Couldnt agree more!

busybody1

Reaction score

no BIS so no push email ..this is the biggest drawback ..with BIS u can get email even when 3G connection is unreliable...the data compression ratio on BIS also make your montly data usage low ...with BIS, email config can be done online ......

tanysderek

Reaction score
no BIS so no push email ..this is the biggest drawback ..with BIS u can get email even when 3G connection is unreliable...the data compression ratio on BIS also make your montly data usage low ...with BIS, email config can be done online ......

Email is still being pushed on BB10. I get all my emails pushed even on 2G signal. BIS only compress data for their push mail. Internet browsing and apps like youtube etc all use normal data on OS 7. So unless your phone is only going to be used for emails and the few BBM chats, simply all other phones run circles around OS7. Even with BB10, it's lacking way behind IOS and android. The only reason I use BB is for the keyboard and I don't want a phone that every Tom, dick and Harry carries like iPhone and Samsung galaxy. I want something different.

busybody1

Reaction score
I have been using BB for almost 12 years ..i still prefer BIS ....email config is done online ,if i factory reset my phone i dont to re-configure my email ..it get connected instantly ..well some like Q10 some dont like ..cheers....

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no news yet from sg side. on the other hand, our neighbour will start selling q5 tmrw. lol.

The Rain Man

Reaction score
I really like how Blackberry decided to release a model that is more affordable for consumers . Now, a choice is present for those who wish to try out the BB OS10 experience :)

The Rain Man

Reaction score
no news yet from sg side. on the other hand, our neighbour will start selling q5 tmrw. lol.

I saw it on sale in one of the mobile shops at the departure hall of Changi, Terminal 3. I'm guessing most of these shops would have started selling export sets already.

icanican

Reaction score
keyboard spaced like curve & bevelled like the bold... neat design for entry level smartphone. i think should be taking many of our neighboring countries by storm. i'm also quite tempted to get the q5 to replace my secondary phone. hehe.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.