Microsoft Surface

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows where can get the educational pricing?

The Academic Offer for Surface RT is only available to order through Universities and Schools. You should check if your academic institution is interested in placing an order with Microsoft.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
can your RT play any Facebook games?

You can... as long as IE10 can on your desktop, there's no reason why it won't work.
Get me the links, and I'll test it on my RT for you.

using vine... ignore the background music lol
https://vine.co/v/hWwWIADlhnq

How can i install the new 8.1 preview?

Is it fit for daily use?

I love my RT and i used it mainly for drafting my proposals and reports, no other tablet from android and Apple can do that. haha..

but i have a small problem and not sure if other users are facing similar problem.

IE10 is just not responsive enough, i can be clicking on the same link for a few times but the browser just refuse to load. Not sure about this, but the support for html5 sucks too..

other than that, everything else is great.

so, back to the problem, is 8.1 currently safe for daily use? and also where can i install this new preview?

thanks and advance

cheers

Yes you can install 8.1 if your RT's base language is en-US and not british English as its not supported yet.

http://preview.windows.com

However there's ways to bypass it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43040619&postcount=26

Yes. its absolutely stable for everyday use ;)

Last edited:

fre3dom85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there any are good 3rd party video player like vlc for surface? I need a player that can read .mkv file.

Tried googling but seems like there are no solution except to wait for the port for vlc

nanoprobe

Reaction score
The Academic Offer for Surface RT is only available to order through Universities and Schools. You should check if your academic institution is interested in placing an order with Microsoft.

What's the academic pricing? Heard it is US$199 or something similar.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the academic pricing? Heard it is US$199 or something similar.

Surface RT (32GB) - $199 USD (Estimated Retail Price is $499)
Surface RT (32GB) with Touch Keyboard Cover - $249 USD (Estimated Retail Price is $599)
Surface RT (32GB) with Type Keyboard Cover - $289 USD (Estimated Retail Price is $629)

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Just received my Surface RT 64gb + Touch Cover. Relative bought it from a Microsoft Event in the States at USD$99! Super good deal. Setting it up now. 😊

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
digital life shared this on FB...

Dear early adopters (early for those who bought the local version that is), Microsoft Singapore has lowered the price of the Surface Tablets by $180. The Surface RT 32GB is $488, the Surface RT 64GB is $618, the Surface RT 32GB Bundle with Touch Cover is $618 and the Surface RT 64GB Bundle with Touch Cover is now $748. I must say... the price is mighty appealing. SL

keitaro123

Reaction score
digital life shared this on FB...

Dear early adopters (early for those who bought the local version that is), Microsoft Singapore has lowered the price of the Surface Tablets by $180. The Surface RT 32GB is $488, the Surface RT 64GB is $618, the Surface RT 32GB Bundle with Touch Cover is $618 and the Surface RT 64GB Bundle with Touch Cover is now $748. I must say... the price is mighty appealing. SL

as much as i am happy that they lowered the price to open up to a bigger market, i must say i am not happy to be the early adopter for this hardware.. haiz... left a bad taste in my mouth..

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
But all Tech Gadgets gets cheaper over time & especially just before the next generation is launched.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.