EDMW Knife Collectors

helisiao

Reaction score
flipping balis is quite a skill and looks impressive, good for advertising your dexterity to the opposite sex hahaha.
Not very useful but really fun and can train hand eye coordination, much like my Kendama

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Its Ron Perlman
ron_perlman_hannibal_chau_pacific_rim.jpg

Ah that maggot. HAHAHAHA! Died so unglamorously, no wonder I didn't remember.

And I've checked out the forum too, looks pretty neat. Quite a nice place to let all the locals to share. And I like their marketplace addition, can totally use it to fund more sharp toys next time. Signed up already, member #7!

manwindu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ps ah if oot, anybody knows where i can find this in sg?
nakiri knife..almost like a cleaver but smaller
21mlnkd7FyL._SY450_.jpg

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
ps ah if oot, anybody knows where i can find this in sg?
nakiri knife..almost like a cleaver but smaller
21mlnkd7FyL._SY450_.jpg

most departmental stores now carry the Kai Shun series - try Takashimaya, Tangs, Isetan. If not, try TOTT at Bukit Timah Road.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Hey guys. Anyone collects fixed blades here?
I'm looking at medium to large fixed blades.

Currently on my list:
Barry Dawson Spike
Barry Dawson Benso Tanto
Barry Dawson Dark Knight Wakizashi
Busse Custom AK-47
Swamp Rat Custom Waki

I really like the form of the waki. Any recommendations on a cheaper maker? :p

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you will have a hard time explaning the waki / AK to A&E, in light of the recent criminal activities involving the use of long blades. Also, it is pretty heavy (typical overbuilt American blade).

Also depends on whether you are actually planning on it being a user (like what exactly will you use it for) or collectible.

Don't intend to be a wet blanket, but the minute you start importing/collecting long blades like this, you'll be monitored rather carefully by the authorities.

Last edited:

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
I think you will have a hard time explaning the waki / AK to A&E, in light of the recent criminal activities involving the use of long blades. Also, it is pretty heavy (typical overbuilt American blade).

Also depends on whether you are actually planning on it being a user (like what exactly will you use it for) or collectible.

Don't intend to be a wet blanket, but the minute you start importing/collecting long blades like this, you'll be monitored rather carefully by the authorities.

Well, seems reasonable. I mean, who in the right mind will import big blades except us?
I'm just worried that it'll leave a bad impression for my career since I intend to sign on RSAF.

Blade wise, I think I'll start relatively small with the spike then the benso tanto. Really like the looks of it, and I heard great things about Barry Dawson too. I'll only be collecting them, so they'll be my shelf-queens. I won't be particularly worried about stains hence, and I'll have it on a hanging rack with a moisture control system.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u have a clean record and decent career, nobody will notice u.

I also like fixed knives. Trying to keep some of those is rather difficult though.

I believe in Singapore, the authorities are more looking to notice anti-govt ppl than Blade collectors like us. If u happens to be in opposition political party, than u better stop collecting blades.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
A&E does keep files on many collectors. But worcer is right, it's all about perception and profiling. Have a good job, be a responsible person and it will certainly help. IF you're joining RSAF, then you'll have even more fun with blades.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
A&E does keep files on many collectors. But worcer is right, it's all about perception and profiling. Have a good job, be a responsible person and it will certainly help. IF you're joining RSAF, then you'll have even more fun with blades.

I see. Seems like another reason to sign on!
Want to fly in RSAF ever since I was twelve, can't give up on that dream!

But now that I'm only a student, do you guys think they'll approve? Haven't got any bad records at all, been a good kid since '94.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
just email them and ask, like you did for the balisong, before you buy one. Otherwise, it'll be a roll of the dice.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Was there? I don't recall leh! That aside, I have to agree that that was a smashing good show. Much better than iron man IMO. :)

And I emailed SPF already, an officer told me its restricted... But it baffles me, why would a $13 trainer be illegal compared to a $380 trainer of the same purpose? I really like the Bradley kimura style trainer... ;(

The only legal trainers are the rubberized or plastics one painted in blue or orange.. a blunted metal even with holes are considered illegal even if they are blunt as A&E is extremely concern about people flashing these in public.. the only legal bali flipper is the bali pen? I don't know what the fascination is with balisongs too..

Hey guys. Anyone collects fixed blades here?
I'm looking at medium to large fixed blades.

Currently on my list:
Barry Dawson Spike
Barry Dawson Benso Tanto
Barry Dawson Dark Knight Wakizashi
Busse Custom AK-47
Swamp Rat Custom Waki

I really like the form of the waki. Any recommendations on a cheaper maker? :p

I collect fixed blades but the last 3 are considered swords lol.. they're great for zombie slaying but other than being shelf queens, I don't see the point in paying so much for a busse.. My idea of a medium fixed blade would be 4 inch cutting edge, large being 6-8 inches =(.. I did look into swamp rats offering but it was difficult to acquire it last I checked so I gave up, I remember there was a long wait for the waki so I never relooked into it again.. I'm more into the utilitarian bushcraft style of blade so can't really comment on the combat oriented tactical blades..

Last edited:

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
The only legal trainers are the rubberized or plastics one painted in blue or orange.. a blunted metal even with holes are considered illegal even if they are blunt as A&E is extremely concern about people flashing these in public.. the only legal bali flipper is the bali pen? I don't know what the fascination is with balisongs too..

I collect fixed blades but the last 3 are considered swords lol.. they're great for zombie slaying but other than being shelf queens, I don't see the point in paying so much for a busse.. My idea of a medium fixed blade would be 4 inch cutting edge, large being 6-8 inches =(.. I did look into swamp rats offering but it was difficult to acquire it last I checked so I gave up, I remember there was a long wait for the waki so I never relooked into it again.. I'm more into the utilitarian bushcraft style of blade so can't really comment on the combat oriented tactical blades..

Ah, I see.
But I do have a friend who carries a benchmade 62T trainer bali, he got it in Singapore from hornest too. I'm just against paying $380 for a trainer...

And yeap

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score

Ah, I see.
But I do have a friend who carries a benchmade 62T trainer bali, he got it in Singapore from hornest too. I'm just against paying $380 for a trainer...

And yeap, those are swords. The Barry Dawson Dark Knight keeps bugging my head. But I don't see how I can spend $1200 on a wakizashi for now. Maybe the swamp rucki is a cheap and reasonably good alternative.
I never thought I'll go into swords or fixed blades, since I don't see a way I'd be using them. But the American interpretation of the waki and tanto are just too appealing to me. I always wanted a waki without a tsuba. That tsuba just doesn't appeal to me, even though it is so critical in a Ninhonto.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Because most ppl with balisong fascination really like to showoff... Which is freaking dangerous. I really dun see the rational with balisong being a combat knife.

As for fixed blades, the full lenght of steel is a representation of toughness. When wielding one, the feel of material is different from folders. Some of the tactical blades are design for combat... If u ever trained with a blade b4 u will know the diff.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Because most ppl with balisong fascination really like to showoff... Which is freaking dangerous. I really dun see the rational with balisong being a combat knife.

As for fixed blades, the full lenght of steel is a representation of toughness. When wielding one, the feel of material is different from folders. Some of the tactical blades are design for combat... If u ever trained with a blade b4 u will know the diff.

Actually I'd like to try my hand at flipping a balisong. To me, a balisong isn't gonna be much help as an EDC, I just like the fun of keeping my hands busy. Can't find a reason to flick my 710 in and out all day isn't it? So I figure a balisong will probably be the yoyo of knives for me. :)

I haven't trained with a blade before. The only blade I'm proficient at is probably the hacksaw blade I use in my school workshop!
I guess having a live blade in hand that is capable of much more than a folder will be something different for me.

fishcake2005

Reaction score
Hi, letting go my Hinderer XM-18 3" Slicer 20CV (Orange G10 + Sterile blade). Got this from bro nilfire77 earlier and totally unused. Letting it go @ $650 (Cheapest hinderer you can find in the market). Sms me at 9322-7427 to own this hinderer :)

1-4_zps587b5e40.jpg
Still available for sale

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.