Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Nif1990

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upon paying, it should ship out by that business day as well I think. My experience is that if you release by Wed, Sunday it should reach.

Hoping i can receive my stuff by friday/sat!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Location Time
6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:17
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:48
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:47

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 Location Time
3 Departed Facility in PORTLAND - USA PORTLAND, OR - USA 18:28
2 Processed at PORTLAND - USA PORTLAND, OR - USA 18:27
1 Shipment picked up PORTLAND, OR - USA 14:17

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hoping i can receive my stuff by friday/sat!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Location Time
6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:17
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:48
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:47

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 Location Time
3 Departed Facility in PORTLAND - USA PORTLAND, OR - USA 18:28
2 Processed at PORTLAND - USA PORTLAND, OR - USA 18:27
1 Shipment picked up PORTLAND, OR - USA 14:17

no problem one leg. Mine shipped out on Wednesday. Reached hk this morning alr. I expect delivery tmr if clears sg customs by today.

liburan_natal

Reaction score
Just had a bad experience with vPOST with my items arrived damaged. Damage claim was rejected on the ground of "insufficient packaging". The explanation provided was quite an eye-opener so I would like to share it. Something to take note if you are considering to ship something small/light/fragile using vPOST.

vPOST does not sort the items during shipment: small/light items will be shipped together with heavy/bulky items. The CSO told me there was no vPOST staff in the US airport to do the sorting. In contrast, normal/registered/EMS mails are sorted (small items are shipped together and separated from heavy/bulky items).

I also asked whether the outcome will be different if I bought insurance prior to shipping. The answer is NO.

Ultimately, the advice is to pack your items using lots of bubble wrap and the external packaging have to be a box/cardboard material to be considered as "sufficient packaging" when you use vPOST. If you ship something with an envelope, unless there are signs that the envelope has been ripped off, vPOST will reject your claim. (One of my cardboard envelope is bent into 2 right in the middle. The others were grossly crumpled on all corners and some parts were torn. But no sign that they had been ripped off so vPOST is not going to be responsible).

It's my first time being told that shipping a book in a bubble-wrap padded envelope or a cardboard-material envelope is considered not good enough. I never have an issue with such packaging when I use normal/registered/EMS from different countries, bookdepository, amazon, etc previously.

feist_

Reaction score
Just had a bad experience with vPOST with my items arrived damaged. Damage claim was rejected on the ground of "insufficient packaging". The explanation provided was quite an eye-opener so I would like to share it. Something to take note if you are considering to ship something small/light/fragile using vPOST.

vPOST does not sort the items during shipment: small/light items will be shipped together with heavy/bulky items. The CSO told me there was no vPOST staff in the US airport to do the sorting. In contrast, normal/registered/EMS mails are sorted (small items are shipped together and separated from heavy/bulky items).

I also asked whether the outcome will be different if I bought insurance prior to shipping. The answer is NO.

Ultimately, the advice is to pack your items using lots of bubble wrap and the external packaging have to be a box/cardboard material to be considered as "sufficient packaging" when you use vPOST. If you ship something with an envelope, unless there are signs that the envelope has been ripped off, vPOST will reject your claim. (One of my cardboard envelope is bent into 2 right in the middle. The others were grossly crumpled on all corners and some parts were torn. But no sign that they had been ripped off so vPOST is not going to be responsible).

It's my first time being told that shipping a book in a bubble-wrap padded envelope or a cardboard-material envelope is considered not good enough. I never have an issue with such packaging when I use normal/registered/EMS from different countries, bookdepository, amazon, etc previously.

erh.. so using vpost is actually worse than singpost?

cloudcid

Reaction score

Yo bro
Last time I shipped via Borderlinx then Borderlinx enganged DHL
DHL also give me the same crap when the freaking box is wet then give lots of excuses blah blah blah. Not sufficient packaging.
Send email never reply after a while. My books is still there.
I ask for compensation. Borderlinx ask DHL
This crappy thing lasted a year as I almost give up hope. Then I ask again. Borderlinx give me some compensation. Then I close the case.

Bottomline DHL sucks
FYI my books still with DHL maybe the staff take home liao.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can't expect BIG organizations with half a brain to do sorting properly before shipping it out.. :D

feist_

Reaction score
Yo bro
DHL also give me the same crap when the freaking box is wet then give lots of excuses blah blah blah. Not sufficient packaging.
This crappy thing lasted a year as I almost give up hope. Then I ask again. Borderlinx give me some compensation. Then I close the case.

Bottomline DHL sucks

you can threaten borderlinx using citibank (who are bound to help you because you're v important to them).

i did that and got my money back very quickly. 1 day from telling citibank, borderlinx quickly said they would give me all my money back (but i also got chided by the borderlinx cs staff for insinuating they would only bow to power).

before that, i complained for like 2 weeks (i think). borderlinx is horrible.

liburan_natal

Reaction score
erh.. so using vpost is actually worse than singpost?

I think so. The person explained to me, when we send using regular mail (be it unregistered, registered, or EMS), they will sort items <2kg and ship them together. Items >5kg are sorted and ship together. For vPOST, items <2kg will be lumped together with items >5kg.

Never had problems with book shipment via regular mail before. But my items shipped by vPOST this time looked like they had been run over by a truck or something. Because all the surface becomes black black -__-

Yo bro

Bottomline DHL sucks

Never used Borderlinx because I don't have Citibank. But thanks for sharing your experience.

Will try comgateway in the future. Already have an account but have never tried it.

svj1187

Reaction score
Hey @ComGateway, this is reg. SGW-LLQX-S130618008. I was supposed to be refunded the complete amount of 174 SGD. But you have refunded only 125 USD (~150 SGD).
Why do i have to bear the losses when its your's (or DHL's) fault to lose the package?

shadowoflight

Reaction score
Hey @ComGateway, this is reg. SGW-LLQX-S130618008. I was supposed to be refunded the complete amount of 174 SGD. But you have refunded only 125 USD (~150 SGD).
Why do i have to bear the losses when its your's (or DHL's) fault to lose the package?

you really think they're here reading your complaints?

FD3S83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comgateway service is recommended. I had processed 8 shipments with them for the pass year and I had no problems at all. Recent case when I asked for a live quote, I was quoted 26 usd and i had purchased a guarantee for a mere 3usd.

My items arrived and the actual shipment price was 126 usd. after a short email to comgateway and they immediately change to the shipment costs which they quoted me at live quote.

Why choose others when comgateway is just better.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.