Microsoft Surface

techead

Reaction score
So since the surface have a usb port, can we tether via cable to andriod or iphone ?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If considering you're able to get the Surface at student's pricing, comparing Nexus 7/10 and Surface, which would you all recommend? :s11:

That is comparing between the pricing which is near the same.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The surface has office installed which is a plus. Nexus has more apps from google play.

My choice is nexus as the concern is what direction Microsoft might take should the price cuts fail to improve sales.

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
After spending one day with the Surface RT, I fell in love with it. The only downside to it is the selection of apps which I hope will improve overtime. For work use, go for Surface. If you want an all in one entertainment tablet, I think iPad/android is the way to go.

xbfloater

Reaction score
Just wanna share that I've managed to connect and set up a Huawei mobile data modem via USB on a Surface Pro to access Internet.

But one thing is it'll get very hot on the back, even just watching streamed videos on WIFI connection...

dekora

Reaction score
With the reduced price wondering if it is worth getting or just wait for nexus 7 version 2 slated to be released in July as well

soupgoblin

Reaction score
imho if a tablet has office, it'll beat any android/ios tab hands down. For media consumption, its a different story

GRAVESEED

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if the Surface RT is capable of playing MKV files with SRT subtitles right out of the box?

If it does not, is there any app on the market that helps to play the MKV with SRT subtitles?

buymyphone

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone tried jailbreak their surface RT? i jailbreak mine on windows 8.. now currently on 8.1 beta so cant jailbreak.

but at least my Flash still stay meaning that i can view full Flash website

also disable windows auto-update its kinda annoying

dekora

Reaction score
It seems unless you absolutely need ms office on the go, you are better off having an android or ipad that can provide more purposes for that kind of price

soupgoblin

Reaction score
All i know so far is only NYP released news, managed to order a set with one person, will see how soon it arrives. Surface rt @ $300 is a pretty good deal imho

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you all use your Surface and watch videos in public? I did that today and find that it's a little too big. Very attention seeking, but loving the big screen at the same time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.