The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am going to layer with sea salt spray first, then quicksand as base, then finish with abit of spongewax. haha hope can last me entire day

Actually sea salt spray is to make the hair look thicker or what you all say, with volume and it holds decently enough right? Do correct me if I'm wrong. What I intend to do is just sea salt spray then Osis+. Hopefully it'll work out well.

Me Shiat Brix

Reaction score
Actually sea salt spray is to make the hair look thicker or what you all say, with volume and it holds decently enough right? Do correct me if I'm wrong. What I intend to do is just sea salt spray then Osis+. Hopefully it'll work out well.
er i dont think thats how u use sea salt spray

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

With saltwater spray, it will give your hair more volume and it allows you to have an easier time to style your hair after then as well. Although you are right to say that the hold of saltwater spray is decent, it is always best to complement it with the application of clay or wax after the application of saltwater spray. Clay/Wax and Saltwater spray serves two distinctly different fundamental purposes. Saltwater spray can give one a matte structure and hair volume but its the job of the wax/clay to give you the hair texture and shape that one wishes to create.

For your mullet hairstyle, use saltwater spray + wax/clay + OSIS+ will definitely do the job for you.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I also sea salt + osis spray lol

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With saltwater spray, it will give your hair more volume and it allows you to have an easier time to style your hair after then as well. Although you are right to say that the hold of saltwater spray is decent, it is always best to complement it with the application of clay or wax after the application of saltwater spray. Clay/Wax and Saltwater spray serves two distinctly different fundamental purposes. Saltwater spray can give one a matte structure and hair volume but its the job of the wax/clay to give you the hair texture and shape that one wishes to create.

For your mullet hairstyle, use saltwater spray + wax/clay + OSIS+ will definitely do the job for you.

I now wanna keep my middle part to make it into a chrysanthemum head. :s13:

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
deciding between uevo grey cube dry wax and hanz de fuko quicksand.... using it wif seasalt spray.....

u guys will recommend which 1???

and difference between clay and wax???

thanks

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
deciding between uevo grey cube dry wax and hanz de fuko quicksand.... using it wif seasalt spray.....

u guys will recommend which 1???

and difference between clay and wax???

thanks

I can tell you the technical difference la... wax got beeswax, clay got clay, quick sand is... drum roll... sand... scroll up for secret ingredient inside quicksand

Texture wise wax is wetter aka more shine and gloss... then followed by clay and lastly quicksand lo... this is generally the case and there are definitely exceptions la... exceptions to hold and gloss, exceptions to ingredients...

I never use uevo before... but from what I hear it's more like a clay? The rest who use before correct me if my assumption is wrong

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried bs styling freezekeep hairspray today! My first time using hair spray but I think I agar agar got it right xD

I use with quicksand only this time. Very nice matte feel even after the spray which seemed interesting to note. As for hold... I'm liking it so far. Been two hours since application. Also it smells like ion orchard! You know that smell that comes into the mrt wherever the doors open at orchard? The fragrance that the shopping mall uses? So now my head smells like ion's basement to me lol. Ion plus cooking oil smell.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can tell you the technical difference la... wax got beeswax, clay got clay, quick sand is... drum roll... sand... scroll up for secret ingredient inside quicksand

Texture wise wax is wetter aka more shine and gloss... then followed by clay and lastly quicksand lo... this is generally the case and there are definitely exceptions la... exceptions to hold and gloss, exceptions to ingredients...

I never use uevo before... but from what I hear it's more like a clay? The rest who use before correct me if my assumption is wrong

Uevo grey more like wax to me. Lol tested quicksand today. When rubbing on my hands, it turns shiny but when applied become dry. Lol interesting. Pair with a little sponge wax

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Uevo grey more like wax to me. Lol tested quicksand today. When rubbing on my hands, it turns shiny but when applied become dry. Lol interesting. Pair with a little sponge wax

How is it? when pairing it up with sponge wax? would be good if can share, might turn up to be a good concoction :D

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think slikkhar tv actually mixes them up and did a quiff comb-back.
Not too bad bad i guess? lol

I got both and I always mixed them....the sponge wax hold like not enough... so I mix quicksand also...:D

appleboy87

Reaction score
Guys, Currently having back comb/side comb with osis thrill fiber gum + osis session hair spray...but I would like to get a strong wax/clay without the need for hair spray for traveling during holidays..so is redken clay/wax good for such hairstyle?...somehow osis thrill dun really have any hold power

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
basket. long queue there these days bro. :s22::s22::s22:
i hardly eat supper (bui bui mahs me, gotta lose weight & control) but one fine day gotta meet you up for supper that's for sure!! :s12::s12::s12:

I went yesterday. Nobody one leh. Of course don't go like 10pm+ or 11pm+ lar. :spin:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually those of you using Osis+ spray, how you all apply one arh? I watch those hair videos and tried to apply by spraying on brush and bua your hair, seems like it gets sprays out better then direct spraying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.