Reaction score
Help you embed

5veBFhW.jpg

Looks good :)

Is it the same one that ts bought?

luajunheng

Reaction score
Cadence cable

Just got the cadence cable today, it looks really awesome and sounding good so far :)

DylanBobylan

Reaction score
Cadences Cable Review

I just got my Candences today from FoneBone and i have to comment on the "company's service". He is a really friendly guy and could put up with my crap and questions XP. He also accepted my requests to mark the cables blue and red, use a different jack and have an extra long wire (125cm) for no additional charges!!! I bought it for $125 by the way so it was totally worth! (it just something to take note of).

I am currently using the TF10s (non-reshelled). So I was previously using the stock cable (which makes the TF10s sound like crap compared to the Cadences) when the cable broke like the entire socket plug came off. So I decided to get a pair of custom cables as suggested by the guy at the service centre.

Now built quality: The wire is very good quality in my opinion, with the wire up to the splitter being slightly thicker than shoelaces (thus making it very sturdy. The wire from the splitter to the socket plug is about half in diameter but still very sturdy. The earguides are very soft and comfortable and sit on my ears very nicely and the chocker stays in place when you put it at a certain point (unlike the stock TF10 wire). Overall very nice and sturdy quality. The only flaw in the design in my opinion is that the plug is a bit hard to put in and take out from the socket (a bit annoying whilst comparing it to the stock cable) but in the end I don't think you will need to take out the wire anyway.

Ps.: FoneBone told me that it would last about 2 years or so but I reckon that it will last longer.

Pps.: They fit rather snugly in the stock case so yea.

Now on to the sound quality: Everything is clearer compared to my TF10's stock cable. Everything seems to be brought forward and I could focus on each instrument playing in the song and could stay on it (unlike the TF10s which felt clumped together and with no separation). Basically an overall step up from the stock TF10 cable (sorry I have nothing else to compare to XD.

In summary I would definitely recommend this wire if you have cash and feel like you need to step up a notch. Sorry if I "overcompared" the Cadences to the stock cable, I haven't heard any other cable XP. Thank you for reading my review and I hope that you consider buying this wire as it is truly awesome and badass.

Oh yes and I almost forgot cons: I think there should have been more colours and jacks to choose from and that the shape of the socket plug would fit slightly better with the TF10s and yup that's it.

Last edited:

jelt2359

Reaction score
I also have a fonebone cadence. For the price, the service, the quality, and the sound, I'm not sure this can be beat.

I also can only compare to Stock although I've owned other cables (particularly twag) in the past, for different IEMs.

Compared to stock, I get better clarity and separation, which is what I'm looking for.

diverman0

Banned
Reaction score
I bought a 2nd hand Cadence cable by Fonebone from the VRzone Subforums: Home Theater & Audio Equipment for $90 sometime in 15.08 2013.

Use it to connect to a Heir Audio 8.a CIEM. Listen to YouTube Chinese music song playback like Fong Fei Fei from the HP laptop Pavilion DM4 audio out jack. I find the sound not so hush, less sibilence and bass more to the low mid range compare to my stock cable. Female vocal very stable and quiet.

There a day when I was not careful when walking, I trip and bent the Candence pin connecting to the CIEM. I attemp to bent back the pin and broke it.

I asked for help from my seller, he provided me FoneBone HP no:. I contacted him, was asked to post the cable back to him. When I ask for the service charges, Free of Charge. I thank him for his kindness.

That not all, on the 3rd day after I mailed the the cable he acknowledged he received it. The 4th day he mailed it back with a photo of the package through SMS. I received it back in 9 days including Sat. and Sun.

I can say I like the sound the cable create when pair with Heir Audio 8.a, for the after sales service he provide is good.

Last edited:

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fonebone does once a while come up with some funny sounding cables. Do follow up with him and you'll be blown by his creativeness. :D

DylanBobylan

Reaction score
Hey has anyone bought fonebone's LOD and is kind enough to give a review? Preferably in comparison to the fiio L9 LOD. Thanks!

uelover

Reaction score
Recently I had the privilege of trying out Fonebone's Cadence Cable. He was able to obtain UE recessed pins and make a pair of Cadence Cable for my UERM.

The build quality is simply fantastic and appears to be very very durable. The texture of the sleeve is very soft. The cable is very flexible and doesn't exhibit the problem of retaining its coiled shape like many other aftermarket cables (e.g. DHC, Whiplash, Moon Audio, ALO). The entire cable is built for the purpose of being functional and durable and to disappear from sight. While it doesn't have that bling factor, I far prefer this cable to any other cable I have had so far in terms of ergonomic and aesthetic. If I have to nitpick, it would be the choker - I wish that it would be easier to slide.

On sound quality, it is amazing. The UERM is a very neutral, detailed and transparent IEM to begin with. Thus, it is easy to determine how the cable affects the sound signature by hearing how different the UERM sound. To my surprise, the Cadence cable does not take away any of quality of the UERM. All the other cables I have tried so far tends to improve the sound in one-two area while causing detriment in other areas. The Cadence cable doesn't influence the sound signature but instead merely make the background darker and the imaging more precise. I simply love listening to the UERM with the Cadence cable. It has made the UERM better than best.

Going by how the Cadence cable affects the sound, I thought that it was very very high purity copper cable (ultra high copper cable doesn't have the typical copper warmth but are painfully honest and accurate). To my surprise, this cable was actually OCC Silver.

Given the price, this cable is a no brainer. If I have to go aftermarket cable, it will be this cable. It ticks my criteria in every area. If the bling factor is important, then this cable may not give you that. This cable is simply a cable that is made for the purpose of making your CIEM sounds better while getting out of the way (physically and sonically).

I don't usually do a review on anything. But this cable is really good enough for me to take the time and effort to write something.

Have a nice day :)

seraphneo

Reaction score
Can anyone PM me the seller's contact?
Tempted to try the cables after reading the reviews.

Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.