The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, Currently having back comb/side comb with osis thrill fiber gum + osis session hair spray...but I would like to get a strong wax/clay without the need for hair spray for traveling during holidays..so is redken clay/wax good for such hairstyle?...somehow osis thrill dun really have any hold power

I didnt try out Redken wax or clay before but if you wanna to get a strong clay without the need for hair spray, i would personally recommend Nigelle Bold Make Clay. The hold itself is very strong and more imptly, you will just need very small volume per use to last through the day. All you need is a small and handy cosmetics case to hold about 10-20g of this and i assure that you will not fret over your hair during travel anymore.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually those of you using Osis+ spray, how you all apply one arh? I watch those hair videos and tried to apply by spraying on brush and bua your hair, seems like it gets sprays out better then direct spraying.

First thing to do is to shake the bottle well before usage. Usually for the top part of my hair, i will spray it from a distance say 25-30cm away from my hair. This is done so when i want the spray from the nozzle to be evenly distributed across the different parts of my hair. Do not focus the spray on a particular point. The main point over here is to "spray" it.

When it comes to the fringe, it can be a bit tricky. Some people, including myself, like to direct spray it. But as a matter of fact, its relatively hard to spray the hair spray onto a particular point when one is doing it for himself. Even the hairstylist who style your hair might not be able to do this accurately. So, the question here is how can we do this. In a nutshell, the solution here is to either spray the hairspray onto your fingers and bua your hair ( such that the substance can be applied onto your hair accurately) OR spray it onto a brush and bua your hair. At the end of the day, its up to your own preference to choose what method you want to use.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First thing to do is to shake the bottle well before usage. Usually for the top part of my hair, i will spray it from a distance say 25-30cm away from my hair. This is done so when i want the spray from the nozzle to be evenly distributed across the different parts of my hair. Do not focus the spray on a particular point. The main point over here is to "spray" it.

When it comes to the fringe, it can be a bit tricky. Some people, including myself, like to direct spray it. But as a matter of fact, its relatively hard to spray the hair spray onto a particular point when one is doing it for himself. Even the hairstylist who style your hair might not be able to do this accurately. So, the question here is how can we do this. In a nutshell, the solution here is to either spray the hairspray onto your fingers and bua your hair ( such that the substance can be applied onto your hair accurately) OR spray it onto a brush and bua your hair. At the end of the day, its up to your own preference to choose what method you want to use.

25 - 30cm quite far leh. I'm short and bui until belly blocking my view towards bird bird so hands not that long. Lucky for me I don't have fringe though. :s13:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
25 - 30cm quite far leh. I'm short and bui until belly blocking my view towards bird bird so hands not that long. Lucky for me I don't have fringe though. :s13:

Bro, one hand on bird, one hand on osis+ spray and style hair, damn enjoy one. :o

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Eh I got qn... must use upright anot ar? Sometimes I see video can spray when the can is horizontal.. for girl hair videos la...
If can horizontal then can probably spray fringe from bottom. Cover eyes with hands.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Peacock. Because yolo.

lhl.jpg

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh I got qn... must use upright anot ar? Sometimes I see video can spray when the can is horizontal.. for girl hair videos la...
If can horizontal then can probably spray fringe from bottom. Cover eyes with hands.

I dont exactly take note if the can is upright a not leh. I just make sure that the spray from the nozzle can be sprayed onto my hair evenly at the right distance. Yeah thats what i always do; place hand above the forehead and spray. Like i mentioned previously, its totally up to one to prefer which method to use. No hard and fast rule too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U sell nigelle at sample size? How much? Would like to try. Do you know Quicksand and Nigelle which one will have less shine?

Yes i do sell nigelle bold make clay repacked version 40g at $21.90. Never try Quicksand personally before but based on the previous reviews, its pretty safe to say that both products are considerably matte texture products. But specifically, i can't say which one has lesser shine or so. Perhaps it will be hard to say so even after trying both out too.

bacon

Reaction score
Is Imperial Pomade or Bona Fide Pomade available anywhere in Singapore? As in at retail level rather than buying online.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Imperial Pomade or Bona Fide Pomade available anywhere in Singapore? As in at retail level rather than buying online.
Retail level I don't think singapore got. But buying online is cheaper. Check out hairy portal. Local site with free delivery.

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to tell if it is a scalp shampoo?

I am using Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo for 2-3 years already, leaves a cooling feeling on the scalp especially if I do a 2nd wash.

IMO, you should see if the particular shampoo targets the scalp as one of the healing purposes. It should be stated on the packaging if it does. I took a snapshot of the description of Kanebo Lissage Vogne Aroma Essence Shampoo. Its in chinese but hopefully you guys can just decipher it as much as possible.

2013-07-20-14.30.26.jpg

On a side note, i think the reviews for Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo are great too. Good choice. :)
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo reviews - Makeupalley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.