The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon

Reaction score
Retail level I so think singapore got. But buying online is cheaper. Check out hairy portal. Local site with free delivery.

Any idea where?
Actually its not about the price. I am sensitive to smells certain hair products give me headaches, thats why I prefer retail stores where I can then test it.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
People! we are taking in pre order promotion for ppl waiting for Hanz de Fuko products. all the lovely jug will be here around this coming friday.

1 Jug x 5% OFF (key in 'take1' discount code)
3 Jug x 15% OFF + FREE registered postage (Key in 'take3' discount code)

*Mix and match available
**Free local shipping as usual =)
***While stock last

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea where?
Actually its not about the price. I am sensitive to smells certain hair products give me headaches, thats why I prefer retail stores where I can then test it.
Oh. Imperial smells fruity. Haha. I don't think anywhere in Singapore retails imperial. Unless salons but so far singapore salons mostly stock Redken and all other mainstream brands.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People! we are taking in pre order promotion for ppl waiting for Hanz de Fuko products. all the lovely jug will be here around this coming friday.

1 Jug x 5% OFF (key in 'take1' discount code)
3 Jug x 15% OFF + FREE registered postage (Key in 'take3' discount code)

*Mix and match available
**Free local shipping as usual =)
***While stock last

Any one wanna share? Haha I don't mind getting a tub of quicksand. quite like it except for the smell.
After discount is 22 for only. Free registered mail some more. Interested can pm me or text me if you have my number.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Any one wanna share? Haha I don't mind getting a tub of quicksand. quite like it except for the smell.
After discount is 22 for only. Free registered mail some more. Interested can pm me or text me if you have my number.

must....resist....temptation....

mrwirus

Reaction score
went to buy the Babyliss GTionic Hairdryer after seeing some recommendations from you guys.. Hope it's good!

Currently I'm using OSIS Dust It! powder to increase my hair volume when I style but it's very hard to wash away.. Is the seasalt spray similar to it? Is it easy to wash it off? I would like to give it a try.. Where can I buy it ah? Got what brands?

Paiseh a lot of qns.. Can just redirect me to a website I can look at it myself de..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to buy the Babyliss GTionic Hairdryer after seeing some recommendations from you guys.. Hope it's good!

Currently I'm using OSIS Dust It! powder to increase my hair volume when I style but it's very hard to wash away.. Is the seasalt spray similar to it? Is it easy to wash it off? I would like to give it a try.. Where can I buy it ah? Got what brands?

Paiseh a lot of qns.. Can just redirect me to a website I can look at it myself de..

read a few pages back and you will know who to look for. All the raving reviews of sea salt spray.

google theprettyjerk

dj_flame

Reaction score
anyone knows where to find this bed head hair spray?
last time found in venus, now cannot find at the same place i went.

Amazon.com: TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Spray 10 oz.: Tigi: Beauty

thanks in advance
Many Venus outlets stock them. Else, try Chinatown. Swanston, Ocean or small shops along the area. I used Hardhead for a while. Not bad, but i found a cheaper better alternative.

Oh. Imperial smells fruity. Haha. I don't think anywhere in Singapore retails imperial. Unless salons but so far singapore salons mostly stock Redken and all other mainstream brands.
Imperial is a barber shop product, obviously would not be endorsed by saloons. There is a diff between a barber and a hairstylist / cosmetologist.

The only local retailers are PACT (@Orchard Central), KIN, TuckShop and Sundry and Hounds of Baskervilles (These are all around Haji-Kandahar-Bali area). The 1st 2 shops are men's speciality boutiques selling clothes, shoes and grooming stuff, the Tuckshop and Sundry is a hardcore denim boutique catering to rockabilly hobbyists, and Baskerville is an actual old school barber saloon staffed by a old ang moh barber. All sell Imperial @ $40.

tl;dr = imperial can buy locally but still cheaper to get online.

niights9

Reaction score
Hi EDMW peeps,

Sorry for posting here but i urgently need help in my survey for my final year report.

Kindly help me out! Thanks!

link: qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_02RoYzgPGFRpqy9

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Seasalt spray is very washable and easy to apply, unlike hair powder. Hair powder is generally hard to wash off but its stronger than seasalt spray though. There are many brands of seasalt spray out there and i used couple of brands before. But the one that i find it good for its price so far is only OS Fashion Sea Spray. Can google ThePrettyJerk if you wish to find out more! Pm-ed you too! :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many Venus outlets stock them. Else, try Chinatown. Swanston, Ocean or small shops along the area. I used Hardhead for a while. Not bad, but i found a cheaper better alternative.

Imperial is a barber shop product, obviously would not be endorsed by saloons. There is a diff between a barber and a hairstylist / cosmetologist.

The only local retailers are PACT (@Orchard Central), KIN, TuckShop and Sundry and Hounds of Baskervilles (These are all around Haji-Kandahar-Bali area). The 1st 2 shops are men's speciality boutiques selling clothes, shoes and grooming stuff, the Tuckshop and Sundry is a hardcore denim boutique catering to rockabilly hobbyists, and Baskerville is an actual old school barber saloon staffed by a old ang moh barber. All sell Imperial @ $40.

tl;dr = imperial can buy locally but still cheaper to get online.

Lol all the shops mentioned are all catered to the old American workwear style. Thanks for the enlightenment . :D

kingcarlos

Reaction score
anyone looking for Imperial fibre pomade can PM me as I just bought one but the hold isnt that good so want to let it go.

dj_flame

Reaction score
^this:

http://www.themensroom.com/hair/barber-vs-stylist/

Basically barbers are more old-school and cater to traditional styles. Cosmetologists, on the other hand, cater to trendier styles.

YMMV. I got friends who swear by barbers, but I prefer hairstylists myself. Usually ang mohs or guys with finer hair tend to do well with barbers.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 more slot for hanz de fuko for $23 bucks. any takers?

Sorry calculate wrong. Lol

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^this:

Barber vs. Stylist | The Men's Room

Basically barbers are more old-school and cater to traditional styles. Cosmetologists, on the other hand, cater to trendier styles.

YMMV. I got friends who swear by barbers, but I prefer hairstylists myself. Usually ang mohs or guys with finer hair tend to do well with barbers.

like sleekback those kind. check out imperial website and there's a few hairstyles that is for traditional style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.