The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find spongewax kinda oily and only moderate hold. Heard better reviews about quicksand but wary after jumping directly into spongewax and finding out its not suitable for me.

yup, it's alittle oily to me. but the hold is slightly stronger than quicksand.
haha. my view.

In singapore right, the only product that can hold our hair well is gel.
the rest just doesn't work because of the humid and hot weather we have.

when we sweat and everything + the humidity, the product in our hair will start to kinda melt.
and why is sponge wax is oily is also cause of the sweat and humidity.

my friend in Australia says that his hair can last so much longer there as compare when his is back in singapore.

no choice that we are in such climate. haha.

Last edited:

dj_flame

Reaction score
Does anyone hairspray after using wax or clay? I've been contemplating about using less hairspray, since it seems to leave a plasticky residue, and the humidity kills the hold by 3-4 hours. Also it tends to bunch up stray hairs into weird little pockets (thus making it harder to wash out).

However hold is definately better with hairspray.

Only thing that gives all day hold is pomade, but I don't want to use pomade everyday since it cannot create a matt look.

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone hairspray after using wax or clay? I've been contemplating about using less hairspray, since it seems to leave a plasticky residue, and the humidity kills the hold by 3-4 hours. Also it tends to bunch up stray hairs into weird little pockets (thus making it harder to wash out).

Only thing that gives all day hold is pomade, but I don't want to use pomade everyday since it cannot create a matt look.

Its actually possible for you to contemplate the usage of a weaker-control hair spray. One that doesnt harden or freeze your hair too much. For example, VOI Hair spray from malaysia is one such product. Amazingly popular among the girls who style their hair, its also possible for guys to use this too. It doesnt freeze your hair at all and hence, the problems that you stated will not occur for you too. The only reason why i said its popular among the girls and not guys is because guys are mostly looking out for extreme strong hold which VOI does not give. Instead, it gives a very natural look with a bit of control which structures your hair texture just the way it is.

I might be wrong but pomade is definitely not the only product that gives you hold throughout the entire day. Wax or clay is definitely more capable of doing that anytime too. Question is which brand to. Nigelle bold make clay for one, is definitely capable of achieving that. Or at least for me.

josephkjc

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend?

Both the Avalon Organics and Giovanni tea tree does not have SLS. I have been using Giovanni tea tree for nearly 3 years. Very happy with it. Started to use Avalon hoping it can thicken and give more volume to my hair

dj_flame

Reaction score
I might be wrong but pomade is definitely not the only product that gives you hold throughout the entire day. Wax or clay is definitely more capable of doing that anytime too. Question is which brand to. Nigelle bold make clay for one, is definitely capable of achieving that. Or at least for me.
Thanks man.

But IMO clays/waxes that gives a great matte look, are better off with softer, less severe hairstyles that has a natural "flex". So I rather re-apply/ re-style than use products that give too much hold, creating an artificial look.

I will try using a weaker hairspray. One that I can think of is Loreal's Elnett.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.

But IMO clays/waxes that gives a great matte look, are better off with softer, less severe hairstyles that has a natural "flex". So I rather re-apply/ re-style than use products that give too much hold, creating an artificial look.

I will try using a weaker hairspray. One that I can think of is Loreal's Elnett.

yes, i agree with you. haha want the hard look, mass spam spray. lol.

but i also hardly use hair spray already. my osis+ use only long long once.
i rather re-apply alittle more product and restyle since all professional products are kinda pilable.

hairspray tends to harden too much and strands of hair tends to go fray, to me it's very ugly. haha

nowadays into justin timberlake hair. quite nice but course they have blonde hair and makes it look more textured.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i can vouch for nigelle bold make clay for its strong and matte look. but given its properties as a clay, eventually it will tend to give way when there's wind or after a long day of sweat and humidity.
that's when pilability comes into play.

but with pomade, i tried it with a comb to create a sharp side comb, can last me entire day, even after a evening running session, my hair still stays on. haha. but of course too much pomade isn't good even though it's water based.

everyday i use different product on my hair. Hope my hair and scalp don't get screwed up.

another tub of quicksand coming but luckily my scheme cream is finishing lol

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Hmm? I prefer the feel after using my hairspray! Not plastic or sticky. Very nice hard set matte feel. Like some powder. Doesn't really bunch up hair unless I spray at the same spot for quite long.

Change your hairspray? For wad u use when the hold last 4 hours? Doesn't wax last about that long also? Or you mean extends the hold by 4hrs?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
i can vouch for nigelle bold make clay for its strong and matte look. but given its properties as a clay, eventually it will tend to give way when there's wind or after a long day of sweat and humidity.
that's when pilability comes into play.

but with pomade, i tried it with a comb to create a sharp side comb, can last me entire day, even after a evening running session, my hair still stays on. haha. but of course too much pomade isn't good even though it's water based.

everyday i use different product on my hair. Hope my hair and scalp don't get screwed up.

another tub of quicksand coming but luckily my scheme cream is finishing lol
hahaha everyday different good what! The irritants get swapped around so they aren't there for too long to cause irritation

Xenoxide

Reaction score
yup, it's alittle oily to me. but the hold is slightly stronger than quicksand.
haha. my view.

In singapore right, the only product that can hold our hair well is gel.
the rest just doesn't work because of the humid and hot weather we have.

when we sweat and everything + the humidity, the product in our hair will start to kinda melt.
and why is sponge wax is oily is also cause of the sweat and humidity.

my friend in Australia says that his hair can last so much longer there as compare when his is back in singapore.

no choice that we are in such climate. haha.

Thanks for comparing both spongewax and quicksand for me.

Here is the amount of spongewax i used.

And here is the finished state.

Feeling bored on a lazy sunday afternoon.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Just for some people to take note before ordering quicksand. Even though David Beckham does use it to achieve the hairstyle but that doesnt mean you can get the same end product. Different people have different hair texture, so please do take note of that before placing the order >.>

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Just for some people to take note before ordering quicksand. Even though David Beckham does use it to achieve the hairstyle but that doesnt mean you can get the same end product. Different people have different hair texture, so please do take note of that before placing the order >.>
Hahaha got ppl complain ar?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both the Avalon Organics and Giovanni tea tree does not have SLS. I have been using Giovanni tea tree for nearly 3 years. Very happy with it. Started to use Avalon hoping it can thicken and give more volume to my hair

Thanks for the info.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea! a minor portion of ppl email me and ask why the result is different =x i mean we all know david beckham got professional hair stylist so, needless to say.... >.>

They think quicksand has magic properties. Lol can transform into beckham :s13:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
YA BOY. damn tempted to get 1 of the KAN NE BO :s13::s13:
the smell is really lasting, stays on for hours after shampooing. man, this is some serious good sheet we have here mate.
Basket. the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special 1 Liter, huge ass & long long way to go before finishing it.

but heck, do let me know when the Kanebo arrives yea? would love to have it!!

The response and feedback received for Kanebo Lissage Vogne Shampoo is excellent and i myself am satisfied with the product quality too. Currently, i am out of kanebo lissage vogne shampoo already. Repacked versions of 300ml are all sold out and thanks for you guys' support! :)

On a side note, I will be accepting pre-orders for Kanebo Lissage Vogne Acidic Shampoo 800ml (Japan) from now till National Day! If anyone is interested, please pm me for more info anytime! The pre-order price will be $31.90.

Non pre-order price will be fixed at $35.90. Furthermore, due to the heavy weight of the shampoo itself, mailing and packing will be difficult so there will be additional charges for non meet-ups! Hope to gain you guys' understanding on this! :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The response and feedback received for Kanebo Lissage Vogne Shampoo is excellent and i myself am satisfied with the product quality too. Currently, i am out of kanebo lissage vogne shampoo already. Repacked versions of 300ml are all sold out and thanks for you guys' support! :)

On a side note, I will be accepting pre-orders for Kanebo Lissage Vogne Acidic Shampoo 800ml (Japan) from now till National Day! If anyone is interested, please pm me for more info anytime! The pre-order price will be $31.90.

Non pre-order price will be fixed at $35.90. Furthermore, due to the heavy weight of the shampoo itself, mailing and packing will be difficult so there will be additional charges for non meet-ups! Hope to gain you guys' understanding on this! :)

wah tempting but broke already. haha. still got my other shampoo haven't finish. guess i have to buy at normal price. :(

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tumblr_m2kqwkeGep1qbex2po1_500.jpg

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually how you all scope out the wax or clay and put it into the small container arh? Use spoon and scope or just use finger dig out? :s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.