Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Comgateway service is recommended. I had processed 8 shipments with them for the pass year and I had no problems at all. Recent case when I asked for a live quote, I was quoted 26 usd and i had purchased a guarantee for a mere 3usd.

My items arrived and the actual shipment price was 126 usd. after a short email to comgateway and they immediately change to the shipment costs which they quoted me at live quote.

Why choose others when comgateway is just better.

They changed to $26usd?

archangle13

Reaction score
Do any of these companies allow shipping from Singapore to Europe?

I am looking for a cheap reliable way to send stuff to Hungary.

feist_

Reaction score
Do any of these companies allow shipping from Singapore to Europe?

I am looking for a cheap reliable way to send stuff to Hungary.

Idea: nytimes.com/2013/07/21/business/global/hauling-new-treasure-along-the-silk-road.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

:s22:

archangle13

Reaction score
Idea: nytimes.com/2013/07/21/business/global/hauling-new-treasure-along-the-silk-road.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

:s22:

dafuq?

But seriously, all these recommendations are for buying stuff from the U.S. right?

None of them do shipping from Singapore to European countries i.e. Hungary?

littlemissdimples88

Reaction score
Has anyone here used HopShopGo service before? it's under comgateway right?
Yes I used Hopshopgo, but only once. They had some promotion, I think the 1st 1kg was free, so I just shipped 1kg of stuff. :p I only had to pay a nominal sum for like insurance, fuel surcharge etc, a few dollars.

The service was really good, but I was already a loyal user of comgateway. Hopshopgo is basically the same as comgateway, there is hardly any difference, they are part of the same company.

I can highly recommend both comgateway and hopshopgo, zero problems with them. I've shipped many packages, each one gets from US to Singapore within 3 business days. :))

Lately I've been trying Shipito. They're pretty good and have some advantages over comgateway, but they're more expensive. What I like most about Shipito is that they don't open up your packages to check the invoice, unlike comgateway. And they let u fill up the customs declaration by yourself, comgateway fills it up for u based on the invoice in your package.

littlemissdimples88

Reaction score
Comgateway service is recommended. I had processed 8 shipments with them for the pass year and I had no problems at all. Recent case when I asked for a live quote, I was quoted 26 usd and i had purchased a guarantee for a mere 3usd.

My items arrived and the actual shipment price was 126 usd. after a short email to comgateway and they immediately change to the shipment costs which they quoted me at live quote.

Why choose others when comgateway is just better.
Great suggestion! I may try Live Quote too, never tried before.

I agree with u, comgateway has excellent service. I'm glad I found them.

zabuton

Reaction score
Borderlinx users take note.

If your US purchase consistently comes in bigger
box then usual, regardless your items is big or small inside the box please post your description here for awareness.

I have had two small items from Amazon which weighs less than 1kg now becomes more than 2.5kg when arrived at my suite. (And yes I know what is volumetric weight.) And it seems every item you bought big or small will be at least 2.5kg when arrived at Borderlinx.

Amazon packing is usually within reasonable estimation depending on what your items are. For example. I bought a small item and the box is only 1/6 the size of a tissue box. But it came with a shipping box which could contain more than a dozen. I bought the same item last year and it came in a much smaller shipping Amazon box.

My past experience with Amazon packaging has been realistic and expected. Now it's getting very suspicious when arrived at Borderlinx. Everything is now minimum 2.5kg. So take note and take care of your wallet.

The same thing happened to me now except it is with CGW CitiGlobeshopper. I just came across this thread and going back a bit and found the above which is very similar to my situation now.

My package is 0.64kg and shows up as 7x7x7 inch in Fedex. It is a very light and flat item. Using comgateway calculation, it should be 1.2 kg volumetric weight, but the package status is in CGW shows up a 2.28kg volumetric weight? And round up to 2.5kg, exactly as stated above. (I tried 8x8x8 inch and it still comes out as 1.7kg, I wonder how they got 2.28kg. Do they round up the inches so much??)

How do we go on disputing this with CGW? I already email them but I now felt that I will get the standard reply.

Should I re-dispute with them when I receive my parcel? I don't mind paying for 2.5kg if the parcel is really bigger, but Fedex measurement shows that the size is really not that big. 1kg extra is approx usd6.8(?) if use express. Not a big number but I don't like being taken for a ride or a fool. My earlier shipment was like 1.3kg + 2.1kg, but I was still being charged 1.5kg + 2.5kg = 4kg (instead of 3.4kg or 3.5kg). Certain borderline practises, based on practical reasons, I can give allowance for, but this parcel overcalculation to to me is a bit excessive.

I seriously hope this is not an unethical practice by CGW. I really like the earlier services from them and had fast items shipped before this.

Last edited:

jf

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me now except it is with CGW CitiGlobeshopper. I just came across this thread and going back a bit and found the above which is very similar to my situation now.

My package is 0.64kg and shows up as 7x7x7 inch in Fedex. It is a very light and flat item. Using comgateway calculation, it should be 1.2 kg volumetric weight, but the package status is in CGW shows up a 2.28kg volumetric weight? And round up to 2.5kg, exactly as stated above. (I tried 8x8x8 inch and it still comes out as 1.7kg, I wonder how they got 2.28kg. Do they round up the inches so much??)

How do we go on disputing this with CGW? I already email them but I now felt that I will get the standard reply.

Should I re-dispute with them when I receive my parcel? I don't mind paying for 2.5kg if the parcel is really bigger, but Fedex measurement shows that the size is really not that big. 1kg extra is approx usd6.8(?) if use express. Not a big number but I don't like being taken for a ride or a fool. My earlier shipment was like 1.3kg + 2.1kg, but I was still being charged 1.5kg + 2.5kg = 4kg (instead of 3.4kg or 3.5kg). Certain borderline practises, based on practical reasons, I can give allowance for, but this parcel overcalculation to to me is a bit excessive.

I seriously hope this is not an unethical practice by CGW. I really like the earlier services from them and had fast items shipped before this.
when everything is all about the price, and it becomes unsustainable, what do u think will happen?

metzalx

Reaction score
Anyone got a CGW Live Quote for messenger bags (Timbuk2 Classic Messenger S size to be specific) before? They quoted me 3.5kg. Official Timbuk2 website lists weight of bag to be 1kg. Even with packaging, can jump 2.5kg? :( Since it's a soft bag it can be flattened as well, pretty sure volumetric weight will not be significant.

jf

Reaction score
Anyone got a CGW Live Quote for messenger bags (Timbuk2 Classic Messenger S size to be specific) before? They quoted me 3.5kg. Official Timbuk2 website lists weight of bag to be 1kg. Even with packaging, can jump 2.5kg? :( Since it's a soft bag it can be flattened as well, pretty sure volumetric weight will not be significant.
there's NO WAY that thing can weight 3.5kg! I've had a medium timbuk2 messenger shipped to me before. Definitely didnt weight 3.5kg...

metzalx

Reaction score
there's NO WAY that thing can weight 3.5kg! I've had a medium timbuk2 messenger shipped to me before. Definitely didnt weight 3.5kg...

What's interesting is, I did another Live Quote with the official Timbuk2 page (previous quote URL was an external store)...Quoted me 4.5kg. That's crazy. I'll be damned if the bag even goes above 2kg when it arrives at their storage. No way am I purchasing a guarantee on this one LOL.

feist_

Reaction score
What's interesting is, I did another Live Quote with the official Timbuk2 page (previous quote URL was an external store)...Quoted me 4.5kg. That's crazy. I'll be damned if the bag even goes above 2kg when it arrives at their storage. No way am I purchasing a guarantee on this one LOL.

Order 3 item they pack in 1 parcel box. Different url but why enter 3? Live quote Shipping will be more ex

pls learn from metzalx who is using common sense to identify that the live quote may cost him more, and making the cognitive Decision to not use it. You can do it too.

)

If you want the item repacked specifically you can give explicit instructions (like you want it folded in half, etc). I emailed them before regarding a canvas tote and they did do it.

Also I got the same issue before - the different carriers got different way of measuring. My FedEx label once said 4 lbs when the actual item was 1kg (I bought necklaces from jcrew. It came in a small pizza box).

In the end i started measuring every pkg. quite a few shipments so far. So far so good. No discrepancies :)

zabuton

Reaction score
pls learn from metzalx who is using common sense to identify that the live quote may cost him more, and making the cognitive Decision to not use it. You can do it too.

If you want the item repacked specifically you can give explicit instructions (like you want it folded in half, etc). I emailed them before regarding a canvas tote and they did do it.

Also I got the same issue before - the different carriers got different way of measuring. My FedEx label once said 4 lbs when the actual item was 1kg (I bought necklaces from jcrew. It came in a small pizza box).

In the end i started measuring every pkg. quite a few shipments so far. So far so good. No discrepancies :)

My item weight is 0.64kg. (measured by Fedex). Just shy of the 2kg differences for them to re-pack again. The advise is helpful for those who buy bags though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.